This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win

My take on Minkah, I would have kept him on the team for this and the next 2 years and straightened his attitude out
Right!!!!!!!
You gonna bring in Dr. Phil to "straighten him out"?????????
He didn't want to be here. Your not gonna change that by keeping him around.
Dump him, and cut your losses with another first round pick.

The 2 most spoiled and difficult players were Minkah and Drake, both Alabama players. Drake gets a bad rap on this board but he is an exceptional player if correctly utilized and blazing fast. The team's hands are tied when the player demands to be traded. They wanted out, they're gone. They will be replaced.

Im not superthrilled we traded him but in all honesty he didn't want to be here and you risk losing him for nothing.. He was under contract 1 more season here then you get the risk of having to franchise the guy just to keep him here.. Its a good move trading him and im happy with the extra first rounder to be honest

[QUOTE="39wildman, post: 8070980, member: 2879 I am tried talking about 17-0 season.
[/QUOTE]
Well......that was one of the best years of my life, and it included the Fins.
Im gonna keep talking about it!:cool:

I have totally lost any faith I had in this front office. I was very excited when the Miami Dolphins hired Reggie McKenzie to work with Chris Grier in acquiring talent to get this franchise back where it belongs, which is on top of the AFC East. I saw Minkah Fitzpatrick interception yesterday which he took 90 yards for what turned out to be the winning score against Indianapolis. The Miami Dolphins traded a top 10 draft pick for what will turn out to be the 17th or 18th pick in next year's draft. I will call it right now. This is the WORST trade the Dolphins will have made since the infamous trade in 1984 when they traded WR Anthony Carter to Minnesota for LB Robin Sendlein. That play by Fitzpatrick made me sick to my stomach. So much so, that I can't look at Chris Grier's face without wanting to throw up. Yes, I know they won yesterday and I am very happy to not only getting off that 0 and whatever, but to beat the Jets. But if these guys don't hit on every acquisition next off-season, Ross MUST fire them all. And please, I don't want anyone coming on here telling me it's Fitzpatrick's fault because he wanted out without saying WHY he wanted out.

Your entire argument breaks down when you realize WE drafted Minkah Fitzpatrick, which means our scouting dept identified an amazing player that 10 other teams overlooked. We couldnt help the fact the guy wanted to leave. You're not going to kneecap a new coaching staff with a malcontent in the locker room who doesn't want to be there. It was a shitty situation for sure, but the fact that we got a 1st and a 5th round for him is legit incredible. These guys depreciate faster than cars off the lot. Trust that the same scouting department will identify another great player or that we'll use the steelers pick to trade up and get someone that changes the franchise. Quit blaming the front office, they found Fitzpatrick in the first place, they'll do it again. And whomever we draft will actually WANT to play for the Dolphins.

I have totally lost any faith I had in this front office. I was very excited when the Miami Dolphins hired Reggie McKenzie to work with Chris Grier in acquiring talent to get this franchise back where it belongs, which is on top of the AFC East. I saw Minkah Fitzpatrick interception yesterday which he took 90 yards for what turned out to be the winning score against Indianapolis. The Miami Dolphins traded a top 10 draft pick for what will turn out to be the 17th or 18th pick in next year's draft. I will call it right now. This is the WORST trade the Dolphins will have made since the infamous trade in 1984 when they traded WR Anthony Carter to Minnesota for LB Robin Sendlein. That play by Fitzpatrick made me sick to my stomach. So much so, that I can't look at Chris Grier's face without wanting to throw up. Yes, I know they won yesterday and I am very happy to not only getting off that 0 and whatever, but to beat the Jets. But if these guys don't hit on every acquisition next off-season, Ross MUST fire them all. And please, I don't want anyone coming on here telling me it's Fitzpatrick's fault because he wanted out without saying WHY he wanted out.
Why? Fitzpatrick quit on the team and forced his way out. Blame him, not our front office. He was supposed to be a "leader" and "versatile", but in the end was neither.

Porter wasn’t offloaded because he was a problem, he was offloaded because he was old and expensive.

And it showed. He only had one good season in Miami. And was cut before really living up to his monster contract.
Two out of three, but ok.

Two out of three, but ok.

Are you seriously claiming Joey Porter had a better and more memorable career in Miami than Pittsburgh? If so, I disagree and I bet the majority of football fans also disagree.

I’m sure the first thing that comes to mind to the average football fan when they hear Joey Porter is “Miami Dolphins”... lol

Are you seriously claiming Joey Porter had a better and more memorable career in Miami than Pittsburgh? If so, I disagree and I bet the majority of football fans also disagree.

I’m sure the first thing that comes to mind to the average football fan when they mention Joey Porter is “Miami Dolphins”... lol
Oh hi, straw man. That's not what you said earlier. You said show me a player who left Pittsburgh that was better on another team. Given his career high in Pittsburgh was 10.5 sacks and he got 17.5 here with DPoY consideration, I'd say that qualifies.

Oh hi, straw man. That's not what you said earlier. You said show me a player who left Pittsburgh that was better on another team. Given his career high in Pittsburgh was 10.5 sacks and he got 17.5 here with DPoY consideration, I'd say that qualifies.

Actually you removed a key piece of context from my op. I said “ problem” player... Porter was mouthy, but he wasn’t a problem in Pittsburgh. They didn’t get rid of him because he was a problem. They got rid of him because he was old and wanted to get paid big bucks, which Dolphins gave him.

Remember, this was all in response to Dolphins shipping off Minkah because he was considered a problem. That was the context.

Sure, he might have had 1 year in Miami that was statistically better, but certainly no one claims his overall Miami career was better than his Pittsburgh career. And again, he wasn’t booted from Pittsburgh because the coaching staff didn’t know how to handle him.

Actually you removed a key piece of context from my op. I said “ problem” player... Porter was mouthy, but he wasn’t a problem in Pittsburgh. They didn’t get rid of him because he was a problem. They got rid of him because he was old and wanted to get paid big bucks, which Dolphins gave him.

Remember, this was all in response to Dolphins shipping off Minkah because he was considered a problem. That was the context.

Sure, he might have had 1 year in Miami that was statistically better, but certainly no one claims his overall Miami career was better than his Pittsburgh career. And again, he wasn’t booted from Pittsburgh because the coaching staff didn’t know how to handle him.
It had nothing to do with not knowing how to "handle" him. They drafted him for his versatility. His perceived value in the top 10 of the draft was based on his leadership and his versatility. Congratulations to the Steelers, who didn't want versatile or a leader. They just wanted a pretty good free safety.

I spent all last season and the first game of this season watching him miss tackle after tackle, coming up with a few INTs. That's great that he got a pick six, but this is also the Minkah I watched:

Last edited:

it's Fitzpatrick's fault because he wanted out

Back
Top Bottom