This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win

I have totally lost any faith I had in this front office. I was very excited when the Miami Dolphins hired Reggie McKenzie to work with Chris Grier in acquiring talent to get this franchise back where it belongs, which is on top of the AFC East. I saw Minkah Fitzpatrick interception yesterday which he took 90 yards for what turned out to be the winning score against Indianapolis. The Miami Dolphins traded a top 10 draft pick for what will turn out to be the 17th or 18th pick in next year's draft. I will call it right now. This is the WORST trade the Dolphins will have made since the infamous trade in 1984 when they traded WR Anthony Carter to Minnesota for LB Robin Sendlein. That play by Fitzpatrick made me sick to my stomach. So much so, that I can't look at Chris Grier's face without wanting to throw up. Yes, I know they won yesterday and I am very happy to not only getting off that 0 and whatever, but to beat the Jets. But if these guys don't hit on every acquisition next off-season, Ross MUST fire them all. And please, I don't want anyone coming on here telling me it's Fitzpatrick's fault because he wanted out without saying WHY he wanted out.
Look at it like this.. First The owner,Gm and head coach asked him to stay. He said i want out. are You married? if so if your wife wanted to leave and didn't want to go to counseling, how can you make her stay? can you force her? ask her to stay for the kids? you let her go and move the **** on getting the most you can out of the situation.

Name me a single time the Steelers offloaded a talented “problem” player who did better with their new team than they did with the Steelers.

Depends on how you'd define a "problem" player, but Rod Woodson and Emmanuel Sanders are two former Steelers that come to mind. Especially Woodson, since he had a serious issues with the coaching staff at the time, which led to his subsequent trade.

Look at it like this.. First The owner,Gm and head coach asked him to stay. He said i want out. are You married? if so if your wife wanted to leave and didn't want to go to counseling, how can you make her stay? can you force her? ask her to stay for the kids? you let her go and move the **** on getting the most you can out of the situation.

lol. If your wife was under contract for three more years then you would tell her to pound salt.

Minkah has absolutely no leverage and Grier ****ed up.

lol. If your wife was under contract for three more years then you would tell her to pound salt.

Minkah has absolutely no leverage and Grier ****ed up.

If you can't see the bigger picture then that is more of a you problem.

This administration want guys on the team that are 100% committed to the vision and future they have laid out for the team. Go watch interviews with any great teams... they all say the biggest difference maker is the guys they have in the locker room (everybody being on the same page, committed to the overall goal, expectations they set for one another, etc).

I think in this particular situation the front office played it correctly. Whenever you are trying to establish a new regime, culture, etc the first year or two are extremely important in terms of the stability and sensitivity of your vision. The slightest crack in the foundation and the entire thing can come crumbling down. This Minkah situation was a crack in the foundation. Better to move him for a first round pick and risk him turning into a good player vs. having him start to be a crack in the foundation. Its a bigger picture thing. It is not a surprise that Baker was voted a team captain since he loves to play for this squad.

But if I'm neglecting my wife and making her do things that she deems abusive or break the wedding vows in every way, she is going to try and get out of that marriage. And if I beg her to stay and she knows nothing is going to change, she will still instst on getting a divorce.

If you can't see the bigger picture then that is more of a you problem.

This administration want guys on the team that are 100% committed to the vision and future they have laid out for the team. Go watch interviews with any great teams... they all say the biggest difference maker is the guys they have in the locker room (everybody being on the same page, committed to the overall goal, expectations they set for one another, etc).

I think in this particular situation the front office played it correctly. Whenever you are trying to establish a new regime, culture, etc the first year or two are extremely important in terms of the stability and sensitivity of your vision. The slightest crack in the foundation and the entire thing can come crumbling down. This Minkah situation was a crack in the foundation. Better to move him for a first round pick and risk him turning into a good player vs. having him start to be a crack in the foundation. Its a bigger picture thing. It is not a surprise that Baker was voted a team captain since he loves to play for this squad.

I agree.....we moved a player who didn't buy into the program or want to be here and we have a first round pick in our pocket to do something with. That pick might work out as the next hall of fame Dolphin, or a bust, you never know. But your post is spot on, I think the front office did what they needed to do.

Face it people, Minkah Fitzpatrick will be an ALL-PRO THIS YEAR. It's a BAD LOOK for the Miami Dolphins, a very bad look. Most of you are saying it's his fault for being a malcontent. Let me ask you all this. Why was he in on only 70% of the snaps the first 2 weeks of the season? Why was Bobby McCain getting more snaps than him? Can we all agree that he is a better player than McCain?

Face it people, Minkah Fitzpatrick will be an ALL-PRO THIS YEAR. It's a BAD LOOK for the Miami Dolphins, a very bad look. Most of you are saying it's his fault for being a malcontent. Let me ask you all this. Why was he in on only 70% of the snaps the first 2 weeks of the season? Why was Bobby McCain getting more snaps than him? Can we all agree that he is a better player than McCain?

Dude, it doesn't matter if he's an all-pro for every year in his career. He didn't want to be an all-pro here. What can you do about that other than move him for another 1st rounder, keep the awkwardness in the locker room?

I completely agree that he was poorly used. But is quiting ever really the answer to any situation?

He wanted out. It's that simple.

Whose to say it isn't fate? The way things are going, we're going to need to trade up for Tua or Burrow. Minkah has helped give us ammo for such a move.

Would you take our future QB over even a proven Minkah? I would. We could have all the Minkahs in our secondary. Without a QB, it wouldn't matter.

I haven't watched any Steelers games this year, but I've seen the highlights. Fitzpatrick might end up an all-pro, but it'll be based on the turnovers and TDs. I can't say he's not playing well there, since I haven't watched him, but most of his highlight plays had a lot of luck involved or were his teammates making plays. I still don't even think that FR for the TD was a fumble.

Back
Top Bottom