This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win

phinking

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have totally lost any faith I had in this front office. I was very excited when the Miami Dolphins hired Reggie McKenzie to work with Chris Grier in acquiring talent to get this franchise back where it belongs, which is on top of the AFC East. I saw Minkah Fitzpatrick interception yesterday which he took 90 yards for what turned out to be the winning score against Indianapolis. The Miami Dolphins traded a top 10 draft pick for what will turn out to be the 17th or 18th pick in next year's draft. I will call it right now. This is the WORST trade the Dolphins will have made since the infamous trade in 1984 when they traded WR Anthony Carter to Minnesota for LB Robin Sendlein. That play by Fitzpatrick made me sick to my stomach. So much so, that I can't look at Chris Grier's face without wanting to throw up. Yes, I know they won yesterday and I am very happy to not only getting off that 0 and whatever, but to beat the Jets. But if these guys don't hit on every acquisition next off-season, Ross MUST fire them all. And please, I don't want anyone coming on here telling me it's Fitzpatrick's fault because he wanted out without saying WHY he wanted out.

Well... duh. They cant win when they are trying to win and cant even lose them all when we arent trying to win. Forget the coaches... this entire franchise needs to be reworked.

These takes get more and more interesting by the minute. Fitzpatrick didn't want any part of this franchise. He won't be the last player who becomes unhappy with a situation that doesn't fit what they want to do. He will have a fine career, but bigger picture, the Dolphins made the best of a situation that would have been toxic. Hate it all you want, he had to be traded. So yeah, I'm coming here telling you that he wanted out. LMBO. Even if you don't embrace a tank (who would), this franchise already got a reboot and needed it in every way. I'm not 100% sold on Grier picking the groceries, but the man has given this franchise a chance to perhaps have sustainable success.

Perhaps losing every game is someones idea of successful tanking, but one win is one win. This team is showing progress with "The Replacements," showing up each Sunday to play in the NFL. That speaks much more to the potential of the Coaching staff, but the FO has gotten rid of pricey underachievers, stopped being cash strapped and positioned themselves with a gazillion picks. I have hope. At least the FO has given "some?"

Here's the thing I've noticed. When a team finally gets the quarterback position right, a lot of things fall into place. I know that oversimplification, but look at the difference this year for a team like Green Bay. Rogers was hurt last year and they were out of the race. Now, they are once again a super bowl contender. I know they made other changes and their defense is a lot better, but you get the point.

List the top 10 quarterbacks and those teams are almost always in the running. The short list --- Brady, Brees, Rogers, Wilson, Mahomes, Watson, Wenz, Rivers, Big Ben, Stafford (maybe), ???.

Every team hits and misses in the draft, including the Patriots. Miami will miss on some of these draft picks and fans might be talking about how bad certain trades worked out. But having all those picks, enables the team to move up and down, play it forward and continue to stockpile picks.

These takes get more and more interesting by the minute. Fitzpatrick didn't want any part of this franchise. He won't be the last player who becomes unhappy with a situation that doesn't fit what they want to do. He will have a fine career, but bigger picture, the Dolphins made the best of a situation that would have been toxic. Hate it all you want, he had to be traded. So yeah, I'm coming here telling you that he wanted out. LMBO. Even if you don't embrace a tank (who would), this franchise already got a reboot and needed it in every way. I'm not 100% sold on Grier picking the groceries, but the man has given this franchise a chance to perhaps have sustainable success.

Perhaps losing every game is someones idea of successful tanking, but one win is one win. This team is showing progress with "The Replacements," showing up each Sunday to play in the NFL. That speaks much more to the potential of the Coaching staff, but the FO has gotten rid of pricey underachievers, stopped being cash strapped and positioned themselves with a gazillion picks. I have hope. At least the FO has given "some?"

The question is, WHY did it become toxic? What is it about this franchise, this coaching staff, or front office that turns game changing players with such ace credentials coming into the league into toxic players who want to bolt?

Bottomline, the Dolphins jettisoned a game changing player who looks like he will fulfill all the hype he had coming in with another team, instead of here. And we will likely net a worse pick than what we used to take him in the first place, and lost several years of production in the process. That's a botched situation all around.

Winning organizations don't do that. Winning organizations capitalize on the mistakes of losing organizations, like the Steelers just did.

Without Minkah's net 14 point swing play, the Steelers lose that game. How often can you say that about any Dolphins player? Only Reshad Jones and Cam Wake have made such game changing plays in recent years.

Trading in a known commodity for a lotto ticket is a fool's game. It is practically assured that whoever we take with that Steeler pick won't be as good as Minkah. Probably the only way it will be worth it is if its used to package up for a franchise QB.

Well... duh. They cant win when they are trying to win and cant even lose them all when we arent trying to win. Forget the coaches... this entire franchise needs to be reworked.

Who said they're not trying to win?

This coaching staff is doing exactly what was needed. On a weekly basis, players are showing improvement. They didn’t take over and say let’s lose every single game.

Minkah did not want to be here, he wasn’t the first, and won’t be the last. They got a first round pick back. Top ten? Probably not, but still a 1st when there’s still a lot of talent on the board.

The question is, WHY did it become toxic? What is it about this franchise, this coaching staff, or front office that turns game changing players with such ace credentials coming into the league into toxic players who want to bolt?

Bottomline, the Dolphins jettisoned a game changing player who looks like he will fulfill all the hype he had coming in with another team, instead of here. And we will likely net a worse pick than what we used to take him in the first place, and lost several years of production in the process. That's a botched situation all around.

Winning organizations don't do that. Winning organizations capitalize on the mistakes of losing organizations, like the Steelers just did.

Without Minkah's net 14 point swing play, the Steelers lose that game. How often can you say that about any Dolphins player? Only Reshad Jones and Cam Wake have made such game changing plays in recent years.

Trading in a known commodity for a lotto ticket is a fool's game. It is practically assured that whoever we take with that Steeler pick won't be as good as Minkah. Probably the only way it will be worth it is if its used to package up for a franchise QB.
Some players can't take losing.

Minkah didn't want to play different positions.

0 and whatever is a toxic situation regardless. Doesn't mean the team is toxic if you know we're tearing it down and building it up.

Things didn't work out with Minkah. Over two different coaching staffs. I'd rather have him here, but I feel moving him was in the best interest of everyone involved, and being able to get a 1st round pick for such an unproven player was fair compensation.

Anybody can take a play or game and say things in hindsight. He's making an impact. Good for him, but I'm over him. Hope he has a HOF career. If you go to your boss and say, "I don't want to be here," what are they supposed to do/say? He was asked to conform to whatever Flores wanted to do on defense. I would have loved him to stay as I believe he could have been a cornerstone player for us and we still would have a million picks. That said, he's not a Dolphin. Time will tell with the picks, but crying about Minkah is at best, not a thing to worry about.

My take on Minkah, I would have kept him on the team for this and the next 2 years and straightened his attitude out, too cheap and talented to unload. He is just a young mentally vulnerable player and his behavior should have been easily dealt with by holding few meetings with the youngster to get him on board and make him feel like he was part of the rebuild process and the future of the franchise. But not these coaches, they let a all pro caliber kid go. But there is nothing we can do about it now, water under the bridge, but this was huge fail and will be a blemish on our staff for a decade if he continues to play at the level he is playing at.

You are missing the whole point that Minkah asked to be traded and didn't want to be here. And considering we likely will end up with virtually the same draft spot give or take a few it's not a bad trade. I am also of the thinking that S is one of the least important positions on an NFL team. I know I may get blasted for that but I would much rather replace that Minkah pick with an elite pass rusher or olineman going forward.

No, the OP's original point was that this trade is suddenly the worst of all time because a professional adult who pouted his way out of Miami got an interception. It doesn't matter what made it toxic. What should be asked is what is it about a supposed professional that led to him essentially quitting on the Phins. Keep in mind he sucked throughout the preseason and the games he played in the regular season. He stopped trying.

He wasn't jettisoned. A player who quit on the organization was exchanged for the chance to get a player that won't. I'd rather have a late first rounder than whatever it was Minkah was this season for the Phins. He was worse than worthless; he was a liability.

No? Winning organizations don't? The Steelers make it a practice to cut or let walk problematic receivers. Same with the Patriots.

Again, Minkah was not this type of player for the Phins and it wasn't just because he was arguably being used incorrectly. He wasn't this kind of player because he also had a poor attitude. Because the Phins are far from perfect they can't afford players that won't go all in when things get inconvenient.

My take on Minkah, I would have kept him on the team for this and the next 2 years and straightened his attitude out, too cheap and talented to unload. He is just a young mentally vulnerable player and his behavior should have been easily dealt with by holding few meetings with the youngster to get him on board and make him feel like he was part of the rebuild process and the future of the franchise. But not these coaches, they let a all pro caliber kid go. But there is nothing we can do about it now, water under the bridge, but this was huge fail and will be a blemish on our staff for a decade if he continues to play at the level he is playing at.
I'll again state, I would loved to have Minkah. But honestly look at this "team" and you can see these street vendors actually playing TOGETHER and they are improving. Whomever is left on this team has the responsibility to play for their teammates and this team is doing that with sausage vendors playing. Blemish or not, Minkah wanted to and had to go. In the end, IF/WHEN/SHOULD this all come together, I think the message will be play together, be all in and win. That's always more important than one player. PERIOD.

No, the OP's original point was that this trade is suddenly the worst of all time because a professional adult who pouted his way out of Miami got an interception. It doesn't matter what made it toxic. What should be asked is what is it about a supposed professional that led to him essentially quitting on the Phins. Keep in mind he sucked throughout the preseason and the games he played in the regular season. He stopped trying.

He wasn't jettisoned. A player who quit on the organization was exchanged for the chance to get a player that won't. I'd rather have a late first rounder than whatever it was Minkah was this season for the Phins. He was worse than worthless; he was a liability.

No? Winning organizations don't? The Steelers make it a practice to cut or let walk problematic receivers. Same with the Patriots.

Again, Minkah was not this type of player for the Phins and it wasn't just because he was arguably being used incorrectly. He wasn't this kind of player because he also had a poor attitude. Because the Phins are far from perfect they can't afford players that won't go all in when things get inconvenient.

Name me a single time the Steelers offloaded a talented “problem” player who did better with their new team than they did with the Steelers.

Back
Top Bottom