This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win

I see two or three talented players worth keeping if we didn’t get a steal in picks for.
What great talent do you see?
I just wrote that there was a lot of talent on that list but I only regret letting tunsil and mikah go. What is your point? Except trying to start online disagreement.
I have no problem moving on from any of those players but I really think mikah and tunsil coulda a been core pieces. Grier thought so as well.

The question is, WHY did it become toxic? What is it about this franchise, this coaching staff, or front office that turns game changing players with such ace credentials coming into the league into toxic players who want to bolt?

Bottomline, the Dolphins jettisoned a game changing player who looks like he will fulfill all the hype he had coming in with another team, instead of here. And we will likely net a worse pick than what we used to take him in the first place, and lost several years of production in the process. That's a botched situation all around.

Winning organizations don't do that. Winning organizations capitalize on the mistakes of losing organizations, like the Steelers just did.

Without Minkah's net 14 point swing play, the Steelers lose that game. How often can you say that about any Dolphins player? Only Reshad Jones and Cam Wake have made such game changing plays in recent years.

Trading in a known commodity for a lotto ticket is a fool's game. It is practically assured that whoever we take with that Steeler pick won't be as good as Minkah. Probably the only way it will be worth it is if its used to package up for a franchise QB.
Preach. Too many people are glossing over the “why” part. Which should have been avoided. I’ll say it again - Pitt hasn’t traded it’s no 1 pick since 1966. They have been to 8 SBs since 1973. They are one of the class organizations of the NFL. We used to be but we are losers now and have been since Ross bought the team. They (Pitt) absolutely fleeced us here. Minkah already has pro bowl numbers 8 games in 4 picks, 2 FR and a FF + the aforementioned pick 6 that turned the game. He will go on to be a great player there. Had he been drafted by a non-dysfunctional organization there would have been no drama. You are right to call into the question what it is about “us” that causes so much malcontentment. It starts at the top w the way this thing is run - Mr Ross. He’s a ****ing moron and he’ll never ever get it right.

Preach. Too many people are glossing over the “why” part. Which should have been avoided. I’ll say it again - Pitt hasn’t traded it’s no 1 pick since 1966. They have been to 8 SBs since 1973. They are one of the class organizations of the NFL. We used to be but we are losers now and have been since Ross bought the team. They (Pitt) absolutely fleeced us here. Minkah already has pro bowl numbers 8 games in 4 picks, 2 FR and a FF + the aforementioned pick 6 that turned the game. He will go on to be a great player there. Had he been drafted by a non-dysfunctional organization there would have been no drama. You are right to call into the question what it is about “us” that causes so much malcontentment. It starts at the top w the way this thing is run - Mr Ross. He’s a ****ing moron and he’ll never ever get it right.
Sorry. Don't agree but that's cool. I have no doubt that Minkah will do good things but this CULTURE needed to change. I don't know what it looks like to some but I see a team that is improving and playing hard. I see players improving that stunk (Harris not included), before this gutting happened.

Some won't ever get over the trade but it's a moot point. I like the potential to improve this team with players who want to be here.

I have totally lost any faith I had in this front office. I was very excited when the Miami Dolphins hired Reggie McKenzie to work with Chris Grier in acquiring talent to get this franchise back where it belongs, which is on top of the AFC East. I saw Minkah Fitzpatrick interception yesterday which he took 90 yards for what turned out to be the winning score against Indianapolis. The Miami Dolphins traded a top 10 draft pick for what will turn out to be the 17th or 18th pick in next year's draft. I will call it right now. This is the WORST trade the Dolphins will have made since the infamous trade in 1984 when they traded WR Anthony Carter to Minnesota for LB Robin Sendlein. That play by Fitzpatrick made me sick to my stomach. So much so, that I can't look at Chris Grier's face without wanting to throw up. Yes, I know they won yesterday and I am very happy to not only getting off that 0 and whatever, but to beat the Jets. But if these guys don't hit on every acquisition next off-season, Ross MUST fire them all. And please, I don't want anyone coming on here telling me it's Fitzpatrick's fault because he wanted out without saying WHY he wanted out.

you should be frightened. they keep flipping talented draft picks for lesser picks that will likely result in lesser players. and the fan base says what can we do, those guys didn't want to be here. well, why didn't they want to be here?

this FO and HC are ****** clueless and have shown there is no real plan, but rather they are learning as they go. perfect. perhaps their experience here will lead to success in their next job.

Sorry. Don't agree but that's cool. I have no doubt that Minkah will do good things but this CULTURE needed to change. I don't know what it looks like to some but I see a team that is improving and playing hard. I see players improving that stunk (Harris not included), before this gutting happened.

Some won't ever get over the trade but it's a moot point. I like the potential to improve this team with players who want to be here.
I agree that there is improvement and the team is playing hard for Flores. I have very few problems w what he’s done so far w the exception of mishandling Minkah IMO. I don’t know much about Grier - but Ross on the other hand just always seems to mess things up - be it the Sparano/Harbaugh thing behind the back, or hiring Philbin and Gase (at that moment Dan Campbell was more deserving of the gig than Gase), to never firing everyone in a clean sweep, etc. He’s a buffoon and I think the organization cannot be as functional as say Pitt or Balt because of him. If Grier messes up this coming offseason, that’s on Ross for not firing him when he finally decided to almost blow the whole thing up.

I agree that there is improvement and the team is playing hard for Flores. I have very few problems w what he’s done so far w the exception of mishandling Minkah IMO. I don’t know much about Grier - but Ross on the other hand just always seems to mess things up - be it the Sparano/Harbaugh thing behind the back, or hiring Philbin and Gase (at that moment Dan Campbell was more deserving of the gig than Gase), to never firing everyone in a clean sweep, etc. He’s a buffoon and I think the organization cannot be as functional as say Pitt or Balt because of him. If Grier messes up this coming offseason, that’s on Ross for not firing him when he finally decided to almost blow the whole thing up.
I am in this camp too. These are good points. I just hope we don't find out Grier is terrible too late(some say we already have). This is the best asset collection of picks and money this organization has had in infinity.

So according to you we should have kept Tannehill, Williams, Vernon, Alonzo, Phillips and Landry despite the cap issues and we would be playoff bound?

If we were i well run organization then yeah we might have been playoff bound. Getting rid of ALL the talent doesn't guarantee success, it only sells you hope.

For now the verdict isn't in yet. But judging by the past 20 years, i'm not that confident like a lot of you others.

BwaaaWaaaaHaaaa, terrible post. Kiko has been invisible at best. Thill has given the fins better games, and he’s only started twice for TN relax there guy. Vernon is who he’s always been and no better same with Tunsil. Landry Stills, you smoking crack dude? Landry has one TD and Stills just got back into the rotation. Do you even watch football????View attachment 31749

yeah i do watch, and I don't judge things off of the box score statistics like you do.

So don't come at me with your petulant barbs, leave that **** at the door kid.

TBH, other than the two gimme picks in the Steelers game, I didn't feel Minkah out there at all.

I mean zero impact, even less than when he was here.

It was weird.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had zero tackles, but he probably had one or two.

We all have concerns about Grier and dolphins. We just have to wait and see how this play out. I am tried talking about 17-0 season.

yeah i do watch, and I don't judge things off of the box score statistics like you do.

So don't come at me with your petulant barbs, leave that **** at the door kid.

if you watch, how could you even bring up 3/4 of those players. Your argument is a joke. You‘re too involved with the player themselves, I root for the uniform.

I have totally lost any faith I had in this front office. ... I will call it right now. This is the WORST trade the Dolphins will have made since the infamous trade in 1984 when they traded WR Anthony Carter to Minnesota for LB Robin Sendlein. That play by Fitzpatrick made me sick to my stomach. So much so, that I can't look at Chris Grier's face without wanting to throw up..

So let me get this straight -- two completely separate coaching staffs see the same potential in a player and try to use him the same way he played in college -- and then when things get tough, the player *demands* to be played in a different way, a way that might be better for him, but wasn't what the team needed from him and it's Griers fault?

Why bother with coaches at all since we're going to let the inmates run the asylum?

Fitz has had a couple of good games for Pit, just like he did for us. The question is: how is he going to handle adversity when it hits again (and it will). Because we know how he handled it here -- or more correctly, he let his mother handle it for him until everyone on our team gave up on him.

The 2 most spoiled and difficult players were Minkah and Drake, both Alabama players. Drake gets a bad rap on this board but he is an exceptional player if correctly utilized and blazing fast. The team's hands are tied when the player demands to be traded. They wanted out, they're gone. They will be replaced.

Of the coaching staff, I'm not at all impressed by Patrick Graham our DC.

I'm thinking, if we had a more confidence-instilling seasoned DC who knew how to use Minkah, this probably wouldn't have happened.

Oh, and let's not overlook the influence of Marvin Allen, who along with John Dorsey seemed to make some pretty good decisions in KC. Reggie and Marvin make me more comfy with Chris.

For those of you that can’t get your point across as to why we should’ve kept him, maybe you can call your mama and she can help get your point across. It helped him, it might help you. Doubt it though.

Back
Top Bottom