This has to be the worst article on NFL.com imo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This has to be the worst article on NFL.com imo

If you think about it, he very well may be right. It all depends on if Tennessee takes Vince Young or not. If they do, the top five could very well be...Bush, Lion-hart, D'Brick, My Cousin Vinny and Super Mario.

he wasnt saying hawk wont go top five or isnt that good. just saying linebackers taken top 5 or so have had problems.

GCD960 said:
I do not see anything wrong with it either. To me, it says that AJ may be there when we pick.

it doesnt say that. it just says the average draft position for linebackers seems to be around 15th, 16th pick. hawk is not your average linebacker so i highly doubt he falls out of the top 10.

Just because the pattern in recent years doesn't have many LB's taken in the top five doesn't mean AJ won't be taken top five based on that.

You have to look at the talent that is taken before the LB that come out in each draft. Most teams want to take a QB, LT, WR, or DE in the top five because these positions are more of an impact than LB's in many peoples eyes.

Especially if your a team picking in the top 5, you probably need one of these positions mentioned above more than a LB.

Spray Mucus said:
Just because the pattern in recent years doesn't have many LB's taken in the top five doesn't mean AJ won't be taken top five based on that.

You have to look at the talent that is taken before the LB that come out in each draft. Most teams want to take a QB, LT, WR, or DE in the top five because these positions are more of an impact than LB's in many peoples eyes.

Especially if your a team picking in the top 5, you probably need one of these positions mentioned above more than a LB.

He's not saying that the pattern is the reason that he won't go top-5.....just a good indicator that he may not. In the second part of your post you seem to understand exactly why the pattern exsists and why it may continue.

Hawk in the top-5 comes down to the Saints and Jets IMO......if one takes a QB, then Hawk likely falls out of the top-5.

IMO, Hawk is a good fit for the Packers at #5.....the only way I don't see that happening is if 2 QB's go top-5, between the Titans (seems like a lock), Titans and Jets. Then either Mario Williams or D.Ferguson could also be options for the Packers.....and at that point the perceived value of a LT or DE over a LB could likely come into play.

burger13 said:
IMO, Hawk is a good fit for the Packers at #5.....the only way I don't see that happening is if 2 QB's go top-5, between the Titans (seems like a lock), Titans and Jets. Then either Mario Williams or D.Ferguson could also be options for the Packers.....and at that point the perceived value of a LT or DE over a LB could likely come into play.

agreed. Also I wouldn't be overly surpised if the Packers take Cutler either.

But, a lot of us can agree AJ is one of the more special/talented LB to come out in the draft in many years.

heh, every week someone makes a thread claiming "this is the worst thing i've ever seen" and it turns out to be just fine.

Spray Mucus said:
agreed. Also I wouldn't be overly surpised if the Packers take Cutler either.

But, a lot of us can agree AJ is one of the more special/talented LB to come out in the draft in many years.

I would be surprised if the Packers did that, having just spent a first rounder on Aaron Rodgers who hasn't even been given a chance yet.

Only a completely inept organization would do something like that, its one thing to make a value pick (BPA) of Jay Cutler if your Miami picking at 16, but something quite different where the Packers are in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom