This Is A 10 Win Team If The Ol Could Even Play Mediocre | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Is A 10 Win Team If The Ol Could Even Play Mediocre

Sam Young got a PFF grade of 12 and 60 is a failing grade...

That’s where the issue is. If you can’t see that, as well as the fact that the entire pocket collapsed around Tannehill causing him to be hit from behind on both interceptions, I’d love to know why a QB is the answer to fixing a shitty offensive line...

I said before the season started that this Miami team has the talent at skill positions to be a 10 win team...

IF the OL could play mediocre or better -- that is, rank in top15 overall or better, pass blocking and run blocking.

Said beforehand that the season essentially rode on the OL playing decent -- not great, just decent.

Sadly, we've seen the reality play out before our eyes that Gase knows -- or values -- ZERO about the role of the OL as a unit, and acquiring talent for those roles, top to bottom, backups included.

The middle of the line is a trainwreck -- add that to SAM YOUNG starting at LT (how is this even a third level backup plan???) and you have complete inabilty to sustain drives or keep a clean pocket or run block. That is, you have pretty much zero chance at competive games.

10 wins with a mediocre OL. And YES, with RT17 at QB!

Sadly, looking like a 5 win team with the current OL.

Gase is shown his hand over three years -- who he trotted out his first year -- last year, and this. He knows pretty much zero about the importance of the OL, inside to out, and pretty much zero about analyzing/acquiring talent there.

Once again sounding like the same broken record at OL, and as a season, for the Fins. Same as the last decade. Sad.

LD
Nice try.

I said before the season started that this Miami team has the talent at skill positions to be a 10 win team...

IF the OL could play mediocre or better -- that is, rank in top15 overall or better, pass blocking and run blocking.

Said beforehand that the season essentially rode on the OL playing decent -- not great, just decent.

Sadly, we've seen the reality play out before our eyes that Gase knows -- or values -- ZERO about the role of the OL as a unit, and acquiring talent for those roles, top to bottom, backups included.

The middle of the line is a trainwreck -- add that to SAM YOUNG starting at LT (how is this even a third level backup plan???) and you have complete inabilty to sustain drives or keep a clean pocket or run block. That is, you have pretty much zero chance at competive games.

10 wins with a mediocre OL. And YES, with RT17 at QB!

Sadly, looking like a 5 win team with the current OL.

Gase is shown his hand over three years -- who he trotted out his first year -- last year, and this. He knows pretty much zero about the importance of the OL, inside to out, and pretty much zero about analyzing/acquiring talent there.

Once again sounding like the same broken record at OL, and as a season, for the Fins. Same as the last decade. Sad.

LD
For the record, if Tunsil is out then Sterup will start at LT. He was not active on Sunday so they had to put Young in.

For the record, if Tunsil is out then Sterup will start at LT. He was not active on Sunday so they had to put Young in.
Why was Young active ahead of Sterup?

What was the QB rating before Tunsil went out? What was it for the period where Young was in the game?

Tanny was top 3 in time to throw this year at like 2.3 seconds, Gase's offense is built to succeed with average an OL.
Unfortunately we've seen that it doesn't work. He tried it, it doesn't work, you need time to attack the intermediate parts of a defense. Getting the ball out in 2 seconds doesn't give your qb time to make plays.

During our successful run with Ajayi leading us to the playoffs he had some under center plays. We need to go back to that. Power football with tannehill being a game manager who is extremely capable of hitting the deep balls and making defenses pay for loading the box. We don't have the pass protection, or the receiver talent or the QB to be one of these pass heavy offenses running shotgun all game. Sign a fullback, play our other TE we drafted and run the damn ball.

Stop with the offensive line excuses!! Just stop!! Please stop once and for all!

This offense hasn’t done crap (other than two long Legit TD drives) all five games except capitalize on short fields. This is a function of Gase and his less than mediocre QB. Our seven year 30 year old developmental QB. And RT was doing the same crap before Gase.

Just stop!

yeah! Losing 3 starters from your OL should mean SQUAT! you people and your EXCUSES!!!

Seriously, the second-worst part of our injury situation is that it emboldens the absolute know-nothings to show their face again (i mean other than in game threads where they rise like a maggot from doo-doo whenever there is a bad play.)

OP- i agree w sentiment about Gase not building better depth in OL.

Last edited:
yeah! Losing 3 starters from your OL should mean SQUAT! you people and your EXCUSES!!!

Seriously, the second-worst part of our injury situation is that it emboldens the absolute know-nothings to show their face again (i mean other than in game threads where they rise like a maggot from doo-doo whenever there is a bad play.)

OP- i agree w sentiment bout Gase nit building better depth in OL.

Yeah I hate how the know-nothings always come out of the woodworks to post on this public forum. It's almost as bad as posters creating threads trying to prove their superiority by calling out posters under the guise of "humor".

my thoughts exactly. Gasemay well savrifice RT and thats a shame.

Im about at point I wish theyd trade him for his sake so he can play for a team that cares.

Stop with the offensive line excuses!! Just stop!! Please stop once and for all!

This offense hasn’t done crap (other than two long Legit TD drives) all five games except capitalize on short fields. This is a function of Gase and his less than mediocre QB. Our seven year 30 year old developmental QB. And RT was doing the same crap before Gase.

Just stop!

It won't end until he's a backup on another team. Just like Henne. He was defended until the end. Matt Moore, too. :lol:

The lack of depth on this team is horrendous. I know nobody has great backups, but Sam Young as your 3rd tackle. Nobody decent behind McCain. No centers that weren't on IR. The 3 guys we got behind Tannehill. The next problem will occur when a LB goes down. Useless reserves there too. Really weird roster composition. A whole bunch of WRs and DL guys and nothing behind the rest of the starters.

The lack of depth on this team is horrendous. I know nobody has great backups, but Sam Young as your 3rd tackle. Nobody decent behind McCain. No centers that weren't on IR. The 3 guys we got behind Tannehill. The next problem will occur when a LB goes down. Useless reserves there too. Really weird roster composition. A whole bunch of WRs and DL guys and nothing behind the rest of the starters.
They have been carrying four qb's so it doesn't seem like they are concerned with depth.

Back
Top Bottom