This Is A 10 Win Team If The Ol Could Even Play Mediocre | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Is A 10 Win Team If The Ol Could Even Play Mediocre

So far the OL HAS been mediocre. Tannehill has had an average amount of hits/time to throw this season by comparison to other teams. He’s just generally sucked like he has for most of his career. Not really a huge surprise to me. We've spent 1st rd picks and money on o-line every year. Maybe the qb sucks too?? Could that be possible? I mean he’s never been that great on any level and yet some of you guys wanna blame anyone EXCEPT HIM.

Just don't even know how to respond to blatant disregard for his first 3 games. When he performs like that when the OL is 'average' (your words), I'll take that every week. He **** the bed these last two weeks when the OL falls apart and suddenly he's never ever played well enough and the 11-2 past games are wiped as if they never happened. You want a tom brady or aaron rodgers, fine. I get that, but quit comparing ours to them.

As I noted, I'm not advocating for doing nothing about the O-line. But if the solution is the need to build an all-time great O-line for a QB to have success, then that QB isn't very good. And I'm not comparing him to elite QBs. "Middle of the road" is where the Phins sit when it comes to sacks and QB hits. They are 20th in QB hits allowed and 16th in sacks allowed. That's middle of the road.

So the line was playing at a all time great lvl in the first 3 weeks? Were you content with our overall performance until sitton went down?

Weeks 4 and 5 certainly were not even mediocre performance at the line, but our QB should be able to overcome that?

I don't get these arguments.

As I noted, I'm not advocating for doing nothing about the O-line. But if the solution is the need to build an all-time great O-line for a QB to have success, then that QB isn't very good. And I'm not comparing him to elite QBs. "Middle of the road" is where the Phins sit when it comes to sacks and QB hits. They are 20th in QB hits allowed and 16th in sacks allowed. That's middle of the road.
To me, I think the OL up until Sitton/Kilgore/Tunsil being out was above average. It didn't always translate to points but I think with that OL, it's on RT to put points on the board. Seemed like he was settling into a groove after a couple of games.

The OL against the bengals is the one I'm talking about being an unmitigatable dumpster fire

So our Oline is not great and we won't be a10 win team.

Just don't even know how to respond to blatant disregard for his first 3 games. When he performs like that when the OL is 'average' (your words), I'll take that every week. He **** the bed these last two weeks when the OL falls apart and suddenly he's never ever played well enough and the 11-2 past games are wiped as if they never happened. You want a tom brady or aaron rodgers, fine. I get that, but quit comparing ours to them.

He didn’t play that great the first 3 games. It was still sloppy and ugly and we barely beat some bad teams. He did throw a few very nice downfield passes but overall he’s the definition of average even with a decent OL. We aren’t going anywhere with him at QB

Sam Young got a PFF grade of 12 and 60 is a failing grade...

That’s where the issue is. If you can’t see that, as well as the fact that the entire pocket collapsed around Tannehill causing him to be hit from behind on both interceptions, I’d love to know why a QB is the answer to fixing a ****ty offensive line...

But PFF says the line is bad! PFF!

Is that the same PFF that ranks Tannehill 32nd in the league?

I just do not understand the constant excuses for Tannehill. It’s been a long time of just being mediocre... And it seems there will be a few more years of this reading posts about Tanny’s contract and cap hits.

So the line was playing at a all time great lvl in the first 3 weeks? Were you content with our overall performance until sitton went down?

Weeks 4 and 5 certainly were not even mediocre performance at the line, but our QB should be able to overcome that?

I don't get these arguments.

He played very well against Oakland and okay against the jests. All-in-all, a mediocre QB as he's always been. He has very good games and very bad ones. I hoped that he would take the next step and honestly thought he would, but he hasn't and at this point, and he won't. He is what he is. You can win with that, but you're going to need a top defense, a running game, and a top o-line, especially in his case, given his inefficiency under pressure.

Weeks 4 and 5 had him facing more pressure, certainly, but it wasn't apocalyptic, as some want to make it out to be, and there are still several QBs in worse situations with the line. I mean, people here hate Matt Ryan (mostly stemming from that draft, Jake Long, and WV), but he's been far more efficient while facing more pressure. Watson has been more effective despite twice the number of hits and 7 more sacks. Cousins, Rodgers, and others have faced equal or worse. But there's really no sense in going on about that as it's all been discussed before. People have dug in on both extremes and there's really no point in attempting to discuss anything with either (regret discussing it here, though you can't discuss the o-line without discussing the QB).

If he can't handle the pressure, fine, he should head to a team with a top o-line where he should, by what I've read on here, absolutely kill it, because it's clear he's not going to get that here. He seems like a good guy and I wish him the best, I just don't think it's working here. But don't worry, he isn't going anywhere with that godawful contract. I'm sure we'll focus more draft picks on the o-line in the meantime. And if/when it doesn't work (again), I'm sure we'll read next year about how we still didn't invest enough in the o-line and whatnot.

But PFF says the line is bad! PFF!

Is that the same PFF that ranks Tannehill 32nd in the league?

I see what you did there. However go find me an example of a QB with an equally piss poor line and tell me how that QB is doing...

woulda coulda shoulda. doesn't matter because it isn't at reality

Im about at point I wish theyd trade him for his sake so he can play for a team that cares.

Miami doesn't care about Tannehill? Career back-up Moore was, well his back-up and no doubts about that. They kept the seat warm for him last year. They bring in QB's not to challenge him but to reassure him that the position is his. He is the face of the franchise, videos of him were everywhere before the season started. Miami doesn't care about Tannehill?

Miami doesn't care about Tannehill? Career back-up Moore was, well his back-up and no doubts about that. They kept the seat warm for him last year. They bring in QB's not to challenge him but to reassure him that the position is his. He is the face of the franchise, videos of him were everywhere before the season started. Miami doesn't care about Tannehill?

Yes, a quite ludicrous statement, but what do us "know-nothings" know ?

Tunsil and James have both missed significant time to injuries yet somebody thought it was a good idea to make Sam Young the swing tackle. Why did we release Eric Smith?
Definite blunder to cut him.

I'd rather see Sterup at LT next game than young

I doubt any reasonable analyst or outside observe would rate the play of this offensive line as acceptable. It is well below an average performance. Do not misunderstand my position. The decisions by RT lost this game!! Gase did not adjust to help him or Young, but this one is squarely on RT’s shoulders. Having said that, your statement discarding the offensive line performance is ludicrous and equivalent to burying your head in the sand!!!!!
RT is 28th in the league in QBR under pressure.

Also consider OJ McDuffies comments below. I think this guy knows a little bit about football.

“My biggest problem with our team, is that I’m never confident we can put a game winning drive together when we need it. That starts with the guy with the ball in his hands.”

“He’s definitely not the worst. But when things break down, he’s at his worst. Other QBs have things break down and find a way. That’s what good QBs do.”

Back
Top Bottom