This Is A Great Day In Dolphin History!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Is A Great Day In Dolphin History!!!

phinking

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have made it no secret how much I like Josh Rosen on this forum. I have also waited 19 years for this franchise to get a real QB. Well the waiting is over. I have total faith in this front office now. From the way they handled the Tannehill situation and now this. I was a little concerned that they where letting too many Offensive Linemen slip away, but Michael Deiter was a solid pick. I am excited. I really am. This organization is headed in the right direction. The last time I was this excited was the day Jimmy Johnson was introduced as the new HC in 1996.

Listen. I'm a Dolfan after my falcons and I'm hoping the level headed posters listen to my take. I love the dolphins but the last pro-Marino years have been terrible. Period. You may not like the moves but Grier and Co., have done a magnificent job. You got Rosen for a year to show "it.". And if he doesn't next year is even more intriguing because you'll have picks galore, and you're better set up to change this losing culture. (BTW...The dolphins broke the Falcons heart with that Wilkins pick. I expected a dumb pick, but the dolphins nailed it).

I am more of a believer now than at any time the last however many years. I am supporting this long suffering franchise even more.

Why are you so sold on Rosen?
Can't say I'm sold. But I'd rather see if he can be what many thought he could be. The risk is not as bad as you think. If he's terrible, you got no less than three studs in next year's draft. If he balls out..you got options. I just think it's a great day for the team. I've been wrong before though...

Can't say I'm sold. But I'd rather see if he can be what many thought he could be. The risk is not as bad as you think. If he's terrible, you got no less than three studs in next year's draft. If he balls out..you got options. I just think it's a great day for the team. I've been wrong before though...

No, don't get me wrong I'm excited. Just wondering what he's seen to be so confident.

I think it's a great day too! A great beginning to the rebuilding process!

Well, admittedly it's hard to trust this organization. Miami has missed on so many quarterbacks through the years with the likes of Rogers, Brees, Wilson, Ryan. Heck, all those guys are top 10 caliber.

I wasn't too happy that the team passed on Haskins, but the addition of Rosen makes me feel better. I'd probably rank Rosen third if he were in this quarterback class, behind Murray and Haskins. I would say Wilkins/Rosen combo is better than Haskins/Ferguson or something along those lines.

Rosen could fit nicely here, but it won't initially be easy with the talent on offense in Miami.

Why are you so sold on Rosen?

Why are you not?

Watch any game he stated last year with the Cards, and what he had to deal with as a Rookie, then ask yourself if there are many Vets that could deal with that...Let alone a rookie, then check a few UCLA games he started.

Well, admittedly it's hard to trust this organization. Miami has missed on so many quarterbacks through the years with the likes of Rogers, Brees, Wilson, Ryan. Heck, all those guys are top 10 caliber.

I wasn't too happy that the team passed on Haskins, but the addition of Rosen makes me feel better. I'd probably rank Rosen third if he were in this quarterback class, behind Murray and Haskins. I would say Wilkins/Rosen combo is better than Haskins/Ferguson or something along those lines.

Rosen could fit nicely here, but it won't initially be easy with the talent on offense in Miami.
A pause....seems like a win for most dolphin fans. I think Grier has already done a great job in year two. It's gotta play out but I love the approach.

Why are you not?

Watch any game he stated last year with the Cards, and what he had to deal with as a Rookie, then ask yourself if there are many Vets that could deal with that...Let alone a rookie, then check a few UCLA games he started.

Again I'm excited, but I'm just wondering what he's seen to be so confident. I was hoping he would elaborate on Rosen's strengths and weaknesses etc.

I don't have the luxury of watching their games from last year and highlights aren't going to show a ton of negative offensive plays to pick a part either.

So while I'm gun-ho on the trade, I don't know what we really have yet.

Happy with the Dieter pick and was thrilled we traded back and got that 2nd next year.

Honestly, don’t love getting Rosen. He has a history of injuries, shows average accuracy at best, and has leadership issues. In fact, his scouting report questions his passion for the game. If we have a bad year and take a QB next year, we will look back on this as two wasted assets. We need more OL, we need a pass rusher. Just to name a few. I don’t see this guy as our future, and I don’t look at a 2nd round pick as a low risk deal. This narrative of “he had a bad year on a bad team?” Don’t buy it. “Goff” had a bad rookie year too”, don’t buy it. Did the Rams rush to move Goff after a bad rookie year? No. The Cards moved Rosen because he wasn’t the answer. In an ideal world I’m eating crow next year. I’m not convinced and believe this was poor asset management.. just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom