This is a great example for not trading down | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is a great example for not trading down

Detroit probably wants to fall in love with Goff. Atlanta would be content with whatever qb lands on their lap in the 1st round. You can make a strong case for phily, but they have the 6th pick in the draft. Carolina, and Denver don't want to give the capital that Detroit can.
LMAO. You post that nobody would trade up PERIOD, and this is what you base it off? Detroit PROBABLY, Atlanta content on SETTLING at the most important position on the field, Philly has the the 6th pick? Does that mean the 6th pick is sacred and you can't trade up to get a QB? You do know Tepper said he would be all in on getting his next franchise QB. I got to admit your post are entertaining.

This Draft will likely have 5 qb's drafted

1. Lawerence
2. Wilson
3. Fields
4. Jones
5. Trask

The bottom 3 in my opinion have very similar upsides in terms of what they can offer in the NFL. Jones, and Trask specially, as they are what you might want to consider pocket passers. My argument
is that since the top 2 qb's are going to be gone in the top 3 picks, then teams don't really have to trade up for the bottom of the pile. In fact, all of the bottom 3 qb's probably need to sit out, and learn
in the NFL. If their team feels they can play as a rookie then we are probably going to see them play worse than Tua. Point of the matter is that there is no reason for teams to trade up for a qb. Trask
will end up being drafted late in the 1st round, or early 2nd round however.

The posters here can say what they like about this article, but his take on our OL was dead on. The question for me isn't " will the OL improve this year? "; but "how much will they improve with whom we've got playing for us now vs. how much better then that will we be this year and in the future if we add an early pick to the front line this draft".

I am satisfied enough with the operation of the front office and the coaching staff to ride with the choices they make this draft. I feel they have earned it.

My general preference is to trade down from #3 and, depending on the circumstances, consider trading down from #18, as long as those two trade get 1st round replacements plus one or more lower round draft selections in each trade that's made.

I take that view because I feel that as well as we did last year over the previous year, we still need to keep making huge improvements for this year and next year to reach a level where we are focused more on maintenance & development over growth & development.

I know one thing for sure.

After the draft, this board will be whining a lot about what ever was done before giving coaches training camp to determine the real NFL value of whom they selected. Too bad.

Our line won't improve with the same starters as last year that is a fact Supreme Leader Ray. Our interior was targeted a lot in blitzes last season. Even though we gave up 35 sacks (compared to over 50 sacks in 2019), we allowed
constant pressure. Our line was ranked 28th in the league, and we ranked average at best, with Austin Jackson being our lowest rated lineman. You said once lines can be built around centers, and we have the best center in free agency right now. We move hunt in the interior for run blocking/pass protection, and slide Austin to the right hand side. Lindsey automatically improves our interior if we sign him, and Flowers has Sewell to his Left being a strong run blocking beast that he is. Many people in here have said, well why move Austin to the right? Moving him to the right would mean he isn't good enough to be our Left Tackle. They make a point, but at the end of the day he might be more comfortable playing RT since he will use his right hand instead of the left hand. Either how, this is what Jackson said:

Definitely,” the 6-foot-5, 322-pound Jackson said when asked if he could play right tackle. “I played both tackle positions my whole life. I played guard ... everywhere on the line. I don’t have an ego that tells me I’m only a left tackle.

LMAO. You post that nobody would trade up PERIOD, and this is what you base it off? Detroit PROBABLY, Atlanta content on SETTLING at the most important position on the field, Philly has the the 6th pick? Does that mean the 6th pick is sacred and you can't trade up to get a QB? You do know Tepper said he would be all in on getting his next franchise QB. I got to admit your post are entertaining.
When someone trades up let me know bro. I"ll be glad to drink a beer, smoke greens, but Tepper can say what he wants at this moment. If that is the only reason to trade up then we might as well start assuming Al Davis resuscitated, and had a word with Tepper about trading up.

I trade down from 3 , but keep 18 . Too much talent is going to slide this yr. We have the bonus of coaching the senior bowl. This is a huge advantage with our picks nobody seems to know.
I get scared with Miami, again, thinking theyre smarter than anyone else and overdrafting some guy no one else even wants cuz 'coach saw a spark' or some ****.

This Draft will likely have 5 qb's drafted

1. Lawerence
2. Wilson
3. Fields
4. Jones
5. Trask

The bottom 3 in my opinion have very similar upsides in terms of what they can offer in the NFL. Jones, and Trask specially, as they are what you might want to consider pocket passers. My argument
is that since the top 2 qb's are going to be gone in the top 3 picks, then teams don't really have to trade up for the bottom of the pile. In fact, all of the bottom 3 qb's probably need to sit out, and learn
in the NFL. If their team feels they can play as a rookie then we are probably going to see them play worse than Tua. Point of the matter is that there is no reason for teams to trade up for a qb. Trask
will end up being drafted late in the 1st round, or early 2nd round however.
What happened to Trey Lance?

When someone trades up let me know bro. I"ll be glad to drink a beer, smoke greens, but Tepper can say what he wants at this moment. If that is the only reason to trade up then we might as well start assuming Al Davis resuscitated, and had a word with Tepper about trading up.
Don't worry, if I can remember I will, Gonna be draft night though.

If we're gonna draft an OL in the first 2 rounds, we should get an unpolished physical specimen with the measurables (including Agility) to grow into a great player. Id rather have that than a lesser athlete closer to his ceiling.
That's what Miami did last year when they drafted Jackson and Hunt.

Still a lot of options if draft played out like that. I personally would want Micah Parsons at 8 and then Rashod Bateman at 18. Or we could go Kyle Pitts and Kadarius Toney and get those playmakers back together.

Did Billy Turner look like a good tackle to you in that NFC Championship game? I bet Aaron Rogers would punch you if you said to him that Billy Turner is a good tackle.
LOL, well he looked a lot better this year than at any time when he was in Miami.

That is a nightmare draft...Slater has great technique, but can never hope to be as mobile as Penei. Rondale is a huge reach at 18. No one brings up his suspect hands but he's gottem...think Najee goes before Rondale.

2 questions
1 thought Slater was more in the 10-20 range?
2 has it happened before where 3 WR’s have been taken in 3 consecutive picks like that draft?
Just as a point of fact... the two girls on the left are clearly more orally fixated than the one on the right.

Take that for what you think it is worth.

If that draft scenario actually happened and MIA selected Slater over Kyle Pitts at #8 — I’d snap!

Back
Top Bottom