this is a strange question but......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this is a strange question but.........

ChambersWI said:
I can see Benson in a Fins jersey because he looks like Ricky.

The other guy I see most likely in a Fins uniform is Alex Smith. Maybe it's because it seems like he and Saban have been on good terms since his workouts.

:eek: Wow, that's exactly what I was going to say... :eek:

i cant really picture these guys in fins jersey but i would like to see brown1st round,mattjones2nd round, mcperson3rd round , and munoz4th round all in fins jerseys.... wouldnt that be a nice addition to the team

Aaron Rodgers or Caddy....although I'm still holding out hope for Mike Williams. You know though...I think that Rolle could be the suprise pick. I believe, which is likely to have nothing to do with what Saban thinks, that Saban feels QB, WR, DL, CB are the 4 "impact" postions he considers iportant in building a winner.

I actually like Rodgers if SF picks Edwards or Smith. I don't think Saban takes Smith...but that's just my feeling.

I also think we pass on Edwards...of course that's simply because I don't like the guy one bit. I don't care how many Draft Guru's, fans, or so called insiders say Edwards is the best player...I don't like him...didn't in college..and don't as a pro.

I don't think a DL is worth the #2 overall pick...so I drop the thought of James, Cody, Hawthorne, Johnson and Spears....although I think Spears will be very good (not great) for the next 10 years in the league.

So for me that leaves just a couple of players in my mind. Mike Williams is a phreak. His game speed is simply above his straight line track speed and he has great hands and leaping ability. I don't care how many yards a Wr racks up over a season...As far as I'm concerned it's the # of TD's a guy catches that matters most! Of all the Wr in the draft he's the most likely to be the best at it.

That leaves me with Rolle as the sleeper. Everyone knows Surtain isn't long for this team. We have nice backups and possible replacements already on the roster. That said, I don't think Madison plays for more than 2-3 years for the 'Phins. Rolle, IMO, is the best CB in the draft. He's been rated the best for the last 2 years for this draft. the talk of Jones flying up the board happened only late this last season and then topped when he ran his 40. He's now slipping again...and it's not because of the rumored bad pee test (which didn't happen). It's his size and hip turn...the same things that had him as a latter 1st round pick before the last season started. So...I think Rolle provides the ability that Saban would like...not only deep man coverage but his ability to tackle.

Whoa...sorry for the length....but I told a bunch of people a couple months ago I would finally say something on the draft and some of the top prospects when we got within the last 2 weeks of the draft.

In the end...IF no trade down (which I want badly), this is my order of what we do with the #2 overall pick. NOTE: this is what I think not what I want.

BTW i got this info from "sylvia browne" :)

IF SF doesn't...we take Aaron Rodgers (the only thing in my mind that makes Saban not take him is that he won't want to be tied to a QB taken @ #2 for his success or failure)

IF SF does take Rodgers, we take Caddy or Rolle.

NOW, my personal preference if we stay at #2 is Mike Williams, but I don't think Saban will.

posted in another thread....very similar. sorry

All the people in my mock draft signature.

Back
Top Bottom