This is crazy!!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is crazy!!!!

Would you take Alex Smith as #2 overall?

• Total voters
M3590NJ973 said:
Were not? AJ Feeley :roflmao:
I would take AJ Feeley with Ronnie Brown over Alex Smith. We have more pressing needs and AJ will be much improved in Linahans offense.

Phinsfan1980 said:
I would take AJ Feeley with Ronnie Brown over Alex Smith. We have more pressing needs and AJ will be much improved in Linahans offense.
not me, we need a franchise QB.

Cleveland sucks big time at QB and needs someone to build the offense around...

Phinsfan1980 said:
If Feeley fails there are better QBs in next years draft.
we wont be in the 2 spot next year so how are we going to be able to draft one of those better QBs

M3590NJ973 said:
we wont be in the 2 spot next year so how are we going to be able to draft one of those better QBs
If Feeley does as bad as you guys think he will than maybe we will be. We don't need to be at #2 overall to get a good QB next year. My point is that Alex Smith is at best a mid first rounder next year with a more talented draft.

Phinsfan1980 said:
If Feeley does as bad as you guys think he will than maybe we will be. We don't need to be at #2 overall to get a good QB next year. My point is that Alex Smith is at best a mid first rounder next year with a more talented draft.
even if aj fails we still will win more games next year because our team is much improved then last year. especially if draft a RB

SportyPhinGuy said:
Bog interviewed Jason Cole on 790 the Ticket this Friday, and mentioned that the standing ovation Smith received during his workout had more to do with the fact that everyone there was already standing!

:roflmao:

And that has to be the worst mock I've seen yet

M3590NJ973 said:
even if aj fails we still will win more games next year because our team is much improved then last year. especially if draft a RB
:tongue: exactly so why draft Smith?

M3590NJ973 said:

Who's to say another QB won't step up next year that we don't know about, just like Alex Smith this year. I just don't think Alex Smith is going to pan-out in the NFL. He hasn't played against any type of competition. The best team he played against last year was Pittsburgh(8-4) in the Bowl Game.

M3590NJ973 said:
Check this website out:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/index.cfm
They have Alex Smith being taken all the way at green bay.:fire: I was sure he would be a top 5 pick but now I am wondering if we should take someone else. What are your thoughts? :confused:

I've said all along, and if you read the scouting reports, Smith and Rodgers are not of the same quality as the QBs in the top of the draft as in the past. Smith has some weaknesses, arm strength and footwork that translate poorly to the pro level...that doesn't mean he can't get over them..he needs time to develop at this level, but do you want to spend the #2 overall pick on him, knowing that a) he needs to develop more to this level, and b) he comes from a system that does not work well in the pros. It's just too much of a gamble at #2 for my liking....If Saban goes with him, I'll be a big supporter, but I will expect that he'll sit behind AJ/Ferrotte for a period of time before he plays.

M3590NJ973 said:
Check this website out:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/index.cfm
They have Alex Smith being taken all the way at green bay.:fire: I was sure he would be a top 5 pick but now I am wondering if we should take someone else. What are your thoughts? :confused:

What, you let one website out of a million change your mind about a player?

Some of this stuff gets ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom