This is crazy!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is crazy!!!!

Would you take Alex Smith as #2 overall?

• Total voters
Why does it matter? If no one needs a QB they aren't going to take one. It's the same thing with Benson. He could drop far if Arizona trades for Henry.

I doubt he drops that far.... But I have heard alot of talk about how he only knows how to work out of the shotgun and I also heard that the recievers at his pro day were told to run at half speed to make his throws look better. I don't have any links these are just rumors I have heard.

Phinsfan1980 said:
I doubt he drops that far.... But I have heard alot of talk about how he only knows how to work out of the shotgun and I also heard that the recievers at his pro day were told to run at half speed to make his throws look better. I don't have any links these are just rumors I have heard.
That would make the recievers look bad and ruin there chances at making an NFL team.

There are plenty of red flags with Smith. If this was any other draft he would not be recieving this type of attention. He was not in a great system. He needs alot of work on his footwork. Alot of work on his pocket presence. His rise is because of the projection after taking into account his athletic ability and mental makeup. I would not be completely shocked if he dropped a little ways just because I have had to talk my self into liking him since you just don't a see "Top 10" quarterback when you watch the tape.

Ghetti13 said:
There are plenty of red flags with Smith. If this was any other draft he would not be recieving this type of attention. He was not in a great system. He needs alot of work on his footwork. Alot of work on his pocket presence. His rise is because of the projection after taking into account his athletic ability and mental makeup. I would not be completely shocked if he dropped a little ways just because I have had to talk my self into liking him since you just don't a see "Top 10" quarterback when you watch the tape.
The thing I like most about him is that he is moble and gets away from defenders.

Ourlads has him dropping big time.

Bog interviewed Jason Cole on 790 the Ticket this Friday, and mentioned that the standing ovation Smith received during his workout had more to do with the fact that everyone there was already standing! The kid really didn't wow people like articles have stated.

I guess it's easier giving a standing O when you're already standing.:D

M3590NJ973 said:
That would make the recievers look bad and ruin there chances at making an NFL team.
No because they were not there to see the recievers and as long as they catch it there isn't a problem. I don't think Smith is that great of a QB.

M3590NJ973 said:
The thing I like most about him is that he is moble and gets away from defenders.
So was Jay Fiedler but that doesn't make you a good QB

M3590NJ973 said:
:roflmao: He wasn't as moble as Smith is.

Smith isn't exactly Mcnabb or Vick. I'd say Fiedler is just as mobile as Smith. Still doesn't mean anything. I don't want Smith on our team.

byroan said:
Smith isn't exactly Mcnabb or Vick. I'd say Fiedler is just as mobile as Smith. Still doesn't mean anything. I don't want Smith on our team.
Youre right, maybe just poor tackling

Phinsfan1980 said:
sounds like people trying to ruin a guy's image that they just don't like...

M3590NJ973 said:
Check this website out:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/index.cfm
They have Alex Smith being taken all the way at green bay.:fire: I was sure he would be a top 5 pick but now I am wondering if we should take someone else. What are your thoughts? :confused:
I'm sure GB would be thrilled. They have been looking for Favre's heir apparent for years now.

Back
Top Bottom