This is how bad Dwyane Wade wanted it.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is how bad Dwyane Wade wanted it..

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Two Shots Let Wade Play Hurt

In addition, Wade confirmed that the strained rib muscle he suffered last Thursday is an injury that will keep him sidelined from athletic activity for seven weeks.

After requesting that the extent of his treatment not be released until after Monday's game, Wade said Tuesday that he took a painkilling injection beneath his 12th rib and to his buttocks an hour before what turned into an 88-82 loss. In addition, Jones said he required what he termed "Plan B" for a sprained left ankle.

"I took as much medication and pain injection as I could to try to stop the pain," Wade said. "It was a decision that was brought to me and it was a decision that was totally made by me.

"I went back and forth all the way until I did it. I knew I wasn't going to be able to be effective if I didn't get it. You do what you can and you do what you've got to do for guys that you love, and that's what I did."

If anybody ever questions the heart & desire of this kid, you shouldn't watch basketball anymore. I wonder if Wade would of been able to play by Thursday? If not, it sure takes the pain away from this loss knowing that we would've got been in the Finals.

2 Pistolz said:
Two Shots Let Wade Play Hurt

If anybody ever questions the heart & desire of this kid, you shouldn't watch basketball anymore. I wonder if Wade would of been able to play by Thursday? If not, it sure takes the pain away from this loss knowing that we would've got been in the Finals.

Oh please. :rolleyes: Its not that admirable, its what he's paid to do.

Den54 said:
It would have been more impressive to hear him say no comment.
It was nothing heroic. Big deal I say. :rolleyes:

big deal? You fail to see the consqueses of this choice. He could have tore the muscle not feeling any pain thats hould have told him to stop, there for putting him out for the remainer of the finals, and maybe hinder his offseason work outs.

this was a big deal he did not have to do this he wanted to he was hungry for the win. This kid had lots of heart!

I think you're unjustly knocking Wade here, Den. When asked about his injuries during the series, he has repeatedly made mention of the fact that a lot of his teammates are playing thru pain. I doubt that Wade came up to Ira Winderman and started talking about his injury. I'm sure it was more like Ira going up to him and Wade giving honest answers.

In fact, Wade had requested that the severity of the injury not be disclosed until after the series ended. So it was going to get out regardless.

Dwyane Wade would have gotten paid regardless of whether or not he went out there and played. It's not like they were going to garnish his wages if he didn't suit up. All he has to do is look to his left in the locker room and he sees the poster child for what repeated use of pain killers can do.

I just don't see how one can dismiss what he did to play and the amount of pain he played thru. As Craig Sager noted, Wade risked tearning the muscle completely during the game (though I think that's what might have already happened).

Was Willis Reed just doing his job?? Or was it admirable. How about Bob Kuchenberg??

Also in the article...

He said it took an hour to get out of bed Tuesday.

He left it all on the floor. And even though we all knew he'd play in Game 7, it still doesn't lessen the amount of heart he showed. We knew he'd play because we knew he was a competitor and this was Game 7.

Den54 said:

I hope you never called in sick to work.

Dwyane is a stud, and it's certaintly commendable that he played through this, but NFL players do this...ALL...THE...TIME. You just don't hear about it as much.

I've got so much respect for Wade. It's too bad he got hurt. If not the HEAT would be in the finals right now. :(

I can't believe anyone would diss Dwyane Wade for his performance and the effort he gave. I am a lifelong Sixers fan but I would take Wade any day....I might even be up to trading AI for him.....I like the way Wade plays the game and if you knock his effort and feel his playing in pain is not admirable, then you know nothing about sports. :rolleyes:

Den54 said:
It would have been more impressive to hear him say no comment.
It was nothing heroic. Big deal I say. :rolleyes:

If you saw the press conference, he did say "no comment."

He addressed this yesterday when they were talking about the injury in general, so why wouldn't he say anything? Some people really know how to f*ck threads up with their ignorance, jealousy, and stupidity.......

Den54 said:

Players are not paid to take needles and risk further injury. I hope that your HEAT hate got the better of you and that you are not this ignorant.

It was a freaking rib muscle!!! It was'nt a broken leg he was playing on.
He took a shot for pain, it was expected of him, it was the conference finals for christ sake. It really was'nt that hard of a choice to make.

Also the posters that want to resort to name calling can BLOWWWWW ME. :D

Section126 said:
Players are not paid to take needles and risk further injury. I hope that your HEAT hate got the better of you and that you are not this ignorant.

He did what he had to do in order to play, as I said it was game 7 of the conference finals. What was he going to do not take the shot and not play and have to look his team mates in the eyes?

We do you get off with this Heat hate thing? You know its Zo I don't care for not the rest of the team.

Back
Top Bottom