This Is How The Dolphins Plan To Tank This Year | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Is How The Dolphins Plan To Tank This Year

i'm done with this team until Ross and the whole lot of them are gone. i don't see how Marino and Griese or any other alumni (or fan) could want any association with them either. since this is the only NFL team i've ever rooted for & college is meh, i guess i'm done with football. Dolphins tank talk combined with the anthem nonsense it's easy to not even miss it. some of you have astute football minds, i will miss reading that. goodbye.

Fromm will be the one you have the best shot at seeing outside the top 5.

I could easily see tua especially but Fromm also pulling an Andrew luck and staying in school

Can you imagine the 2021 draft if that happens and Lawrence comes out after junior year?

Last edited:
Just start the worst QB in the history of the world per finheaven Ryan Tannehill and Wah la, instant tank right?

The team they’ll be going against for the worst record will be The Bengals with Zac Taylor calling plays, and maybe the Raiders.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article225285760.html

There have been doubts among fans the Dolphins — or any NFL team — could actually plan to tank. Don’t doubt it.

Multiple sources have confirmed that the words “tank,” or “tanking” were used during Miami’s recent round of head coach interviews. It did not come up in every interview. But it came up.

It was discussed.

About that tanking ... It needs to be defined.

Many Dolphins fans believe “tanking” to mean that the coaching staff, players, and everyone in the organization will do what is necessary to lose. That is an artificial approach the Dolphins are definitely not going to take.

The Dolphins aren’t going to throw games on purpose.

Miami’s approach to tanking will be organic.

The club will not dive into the deep end of the free agency pool in 2019, as I reported inartfully in my column Tuesday morning.

So every significant roster need the Dolphins have now — offensive line, defensive line, cornerback, quarterback — will not be filled with the best (highest-priced) player available at the position.

That is a departure for Miami.

That might mean trading down in multiple rounds of the coming draft to add extra picks either this year or next year.

That means filling needs now with the best players available in the draft so they can form a foundation for a great team in the future.

So offensive linemen.

Defensive linemen.

Foundation pieces.

And what about the quarterback position?

A source within the team said this week that Ross loves the idea of Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa being on the Dolphins if he’s available in the 2020 draft. The source said he heard Ross say so.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article225285760.html#storylink=cpy

Yeah, well there are also sources that said this year they would attempt to fix the lines, even if they didn't, Miami right now has enough talent to make noise if coached right.

Miami before the injuries started this past year to key players, were winning, then they lost the starting QB, starting DE, starting WR, starting key O-linemen.

Miami could get rid of as many key players/starters as possible, but that would not just hurt this season, but hurt many...possibly too many where it will take the entire contract of Flores to again get what talent Miami has now.

Miami want to absolutely tank the season, then get rid of many key starters, and then hope Miami Drafting can get this type of talent again within 2-3 years...Something even the biggest "Tank the season" fan knows how tough to impossible that will be.

The trouble we have had is we have never found an elite QB since Marino retired. Either by bad luck or bad judgement we have never found the guy.

We have never had THE QB to build the team around. Forget past decisions like Culpepper over Brees and RT over Russell Wilson the fact is if this franchise wants to be a contender it has to finally strike gold and get that franchise QB.

If they don’t see that guy in this draft, then trade down and get more picks for 2020. Use this draft to build the OL and DL. With a move to 3-4 we are ok at linebacker with McMillan, Baker and perhaps a rebirth for Harris as an outside LB.

The secondary looks good too with Minkah and X there so for me build that OL and DL for the incoming QB. We saw the Colts target Luck and perhaps this is our ethos with Tua or maybe even Lawrence if we can think that far ahead. It won’t be pretty to watch but if finally get that elite QB after building the OL and DL, this franchise will start to be relevant again.

I'm not buying that we're tanking. We're just not going to treat the team like it's 1 player from the SB like in years past. We're hopefully not going to make the same stupid mistakes under Tannenbaum with the roster. If we're not going to be good, I want to at least have cap space.

Even if we get rid of all the overpaid vets, this is still not a 2-14 roster. All those overpaid vets we're getting rid of did next to nothing last year.

I don't understand where people got the idea that Miami is going to tank next season. Ross said that he wanted the team rebuilt to achieve long-term success, and IF this means a bad year or two, so be it. That's not a mandate to tank. That's saying "fix my team and make it better". IMO, this tanking idea was made up by people who look at college QBs and think that 2020 is a better year than 2019 to draft a QB, so Miami must be looking to purposely lose in 2019 in order to get a higher pick for 2020. Don't people also say that the draft is a crapshoot, and even top prospects can turn out to be busts?

We at least caused some turnover for the Pats. I'm honestly surprised the Fins, Jets and Bills haven't colluded and built a super team yet. Openly, yet legally throwing talent at said super team...epic rock paper scissors match to be the Patriot killer.

Back
Top Bottom