This Is Land Of Delusion... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Is Land Of Delusion...

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
... if I can take liberties with a Phil Collins song. This has got to be one of the dumbest statements in the history of the NFL. Your at the bottom or near the bottom of nearly every defensive category in the league and you think you are doing a good job? YOU ARE AN IDIOT!:bang: I can't believe this guy is on our coaching staff. HOW IN THE HELL DID HE EVEN GET AN OPPORTUNITY IN LEAGUE TO START HIS COACHING CAREER?:nuke:

“I feel like I’ve done a good job,” Burke said. “I try every week to put our players in the best position to make plays. I’ve done that some times. We haven’t some other times. There are calls I regret. There are calls I’m excited about. We’re week-to-week. It’s hard for me to big-picture evaluate myself in the course of the season.
“I’m trying to win a ball game this week,” Burke continued. “The feedback I’m worried about is [from] Adam [Gase], what he cares about, what he wants. I try to give him what he’s looking for as a coach. That’s really all I concern myself with.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article222731840.html

Last edited:
... if I can take liberties with a Phil Collins song. This has got to be one of the dumbest statements in the history of the NFL. You at the bottom or near the bottom of nearly every defensive category in the league and you think you are doing a good job? YOU ARE AN IDIOT!:bang: I can't believe this guy is on our coaching staff. HOW IN THE HELL DID HE EVEN GET AN OPPORTUNITY IN LEAGUE TO START HIS COACHING CAREER?:nuke:

Actually a Genesis song. Lyrics by Mike Rutherford. Music by the entire band.

Burke will be the sacrificial lamb, whether he deserves it or not.

... if I can take liberties with a Phil Collins song. This has got to be one of the dumbest statements in the history of the NFL. You at the bottom or near the bottom of nearly every defensive category in the league and you think you are doing a good job? YOU ARE AN IDIOT!:bang: I can't believe this guy is on our coaching staff. HOW IN THE HELL DID HE EVEN GET AN OPPORTUNITY IN LEAGUE TO START HIS COACHING CAREER?:nuke:

You seem quite angry about this as if him being a coach of this team is affecting your life.

As for the question "How the hell did he even get an opportunity in league"? Most of NFL and College hiring is based on relationships. People tend to want to work with those they feel comfortable with, know personally, or have someone recommend them. Burke most likely followed a career many coaches take or working at a lower level in an organization, QCC is typically where many starts and moved up from there. His opportunities may have come from being an effective position coach and knowing the right people. He got his opportunity to be a coordinator and unfortunately has not been good at it.

Right now the team is 6-6. I see thing written on the offense being trash, the defense being trash, the roster is trash...how the hell did we win 6 games? Is is good coaching? Or is it the fact that football goes beyond stats and winning is based on the opportunities presented.

A defense that’s at the top with turnovers but bad with everything else. He’s not great, but he’s not necessarily that bad. He’s just middle of the pack mediocre like the rest of this team and coaches.

I read his quote and thought it would be major....but that's all? No reply at all would have been better. I know the guy is in too deep and when it comes to the season he's throwing it all away. I mean, any lonely man on the corner could do a better job. If he does get fired, I hope he's just the first domino.

Oh yeah, and abacab.

Actually a Genesis song. Lyrics by Mike Rutherford. Music by the entire band.
2oeekm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom