This Is Land Of Delusion... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Is Land Of Delusion...

He, the D and Fins will be embarassed by the div champs once again in a must win game. Story of polar opposite franchises and leadership.

Actually a Genesis song. Lyrics by Mike Rutherford. Music by the entire band.

2oeekm.jpg

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. . But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

every coach that has failed was given an opportunity....

every coach that has succeeded was first given an opportunity...

Burke is a highly intelligent man, maybe that doesn't coincide on the field in decision making. but when you lose your best run stuffing defensive player, then your second best that was coming on, you're PB SS was free lancing and then we he started getting subbed out on some packages started looking like he was dialing it in. two pretty much rookie LB's, your 1st round draft pick playing out of position, youre high priced slot CB playing out of position, not knowing who the hell is going to be the other boundary week in and week out. a defense that blows assignments. even with his flaws the deck seems stacked against all the coaches on both offense and defense. heck even Darren rizzi might start looking like a bad coach if the GOAT JD47 went down, Haack pulled a calf muscle that has been injured for 12 weeks, and the kicker started blowing assignments and trying to kick FG's at the opposing teams cheerleaders instead of the goal (I know that's a little extreme, but that's how some of our blockers on offense and players on defense look sometimes)

One has had numerous injuries, the other has not...

I actually disagree with this alittle bit, Hayes was a big loss for us, (think that's his name he's played so little for us), Taylor was a massive injury, seems like godchaux has went to **** since tayler got hurt. Tank got in an accident in the offseason and suffered brain damage in the offseason and forgot how to cover. I still consider Lippett and injury cut. he wasn't 100% from his injury. even before he started pouting RJones was playing with injured shoulder and missed some time, didn't McCain miss some time if Im correct (I could be wrong on that one), Harris who has really been much of a factor has missed time, seems like wake or Quinn both missed some time, but I could be wrong there. seems like we've had a lot of 2-3 week injuries.

yes O has been hit a million times worse, but think what the D was supposed to look like before the season starts and where it is now, I would say only one DB is playing where he should, all 3 LBs are right, and 2 DL. but that one DB (RJ) and the two DL (wake and quin) I think have all missed time,

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. . But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Burke is a highly intelligent man, maybe that doesn't coincide on the field in decision making. but when you lose your best run stuffing defensive player, then your second best that was coming on, you're PB SS was free lancing and then we he started getting subbed out on some packages started looking like he was dialing it in. two pretty much rookie LB's, your 1st round draft pick playing out of position, youre high priced slot CB playing out of position, not knowing who the hell is going to be the other boundary week in and week out. a defense that blows assignments. even with his flaws the deck seems stacked against all the coaches on both offense and defense. heck even Darren rizzi might start looking like a bad coach if the GOAT JD47 went down, Haack pulled a calf muscle that has been injured for 12 weeks, and the kicker started blowing assignments and trying to kick FG's at the opposing teams cheerleaders instead of the goal (I know that's a little extreme, but that's how some of our blockers on offense and players on defense look sometimes)
Peter Gabriel left the band, that was a step in the right direction.

The wide 9 is not working is the bottom line. We have a ton of talent and draft picks in both the secondary and at DE and the results outside of X interceptions have been poor.
One star Jones additude and play has taken a step back. This is becoming a recurring theme with this staff not good either. Year 1 it was Timmons and Jay with additude issues, last year Laundry, Suh and Jay this year its Phillips and Jones. What the heck is Gase dipping hot sause in their jock straps at night or somethimg just to piss them off.

One has had numerous injuries, the other has not...
I don't believe that would change the outcome personally. Excuse of the past decade. I do think a top tier coaching staff as well as stud QB plays a larger part. Different class of teams.

Question: Do you seriously think Gase's game prep/management is on par with the Pats?

I don't believe that would change the outcome personally. Excuse of the past decade. I do think a top tier coaching staff as well as stud QB plays a larger part. Different class of teams.

Question: Do you seriously think Gase's game prep/management is on par with the Pats?

We aren't going to just roll over against NE. It's going to be a much closer game than people expect, and I expect a win as we will be the hungrier dog in the fight. TB IS getting old...

We aren't going to just roll over against NE. It's going to be a much closer game than people expect, and I expect a win as we will be the hungrier dog in the fight.
I hope so, other than the Jets nothing satisfy's me more to watch Brady through a hissy fit during a game I just don't think we have the D to provide that smack in the face that will be necessary.

I hope so, other than the Jets nothing satisfy's me more to watch Brady through a hissy fit during a game I just don't think we have the D to provide that smack in the face that will be necessary.

Looking at it realistically, we will probably lose becasue they are a better team. But when you consider this might be Wake's last big game against them, and how many of the players (and coaches) on this team have their backs against the wall, I expect us to come out guns blazing. Whether or not that produces a victory, we shall see. Historically, we do play them well in MIA.

I like the Collins era of Genesis, but as a musician who leans progressive, the Gabriel stuff is my favorite.

Not really a fan of his solo career.

If Burke thinks he will be here next year, “There Must Be Some Misunderstanding”

Wouldn't surprise me, there's still 4 critical games left. If he finds a way to stifle NE (unlikely) the whole narrative changes.

Back
Top Bottom