This is odd... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is odd...

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
Whenever I try to combine the words Tanne and h a t e r s it gets auto changed to Tanneoranges when I click submit on my post. If I try to go in and change it to Tanne h a t e r s (no space) it stays as Tanneoranges. It won't allow me to edit that word at all.

What is the deal?

Edited...the word h a t e r s gets changed to oranges. I had to edit the post so it showed up this way. See h a t e r s (haters).

Why? That seems like some silly form of censorship.

well, if everyone acted like adults and didn't feel the need to label other posters and use those labels in demeaning ways, causing a general overall degeneration of the threads and more work for the staff and mods, perhaps we wouldn't need to take such measures in order to steer the conversation into a more civil tone.

Seems like there are many worse things in life that one can say about another than a h o m e r or a h a t e r. If someone is offended by being called a h o m e r or a h a t e r....well, maybe they need to log off the internet for a while. IMO, on a scale of 1 to 10 this might be a 0 in terms of demeaning tones. But that is just me...I tend to not take these things so seriously in the grand scheme of life.

Seems like there are many worse things in life that one can say about another than a h o m e r or a h a t e r. If someone is offended by being called a h o m e r or a h a t e r....well, maybe they need to log off the internet for a while. IMO, on a scale of 1 to 10 this might be a 0 in terms of demeaning tones. But that is just me...I tend to not take these things so seriously in the grand scheme of life.

Have you seen our fans after a win or loss? do you expect them to act in rational, well thought out ways that will enhance a conversation? Anyway, it's easier to have your opinion when you're on the outside looking in. Trust me, it's like an arms race keeping up with the way people "combat" each other on these or any other forums. We're fanatics. we want to win, and even if our team cannot win every game, we will try to win our debates. That includes inventing new ways to insult the other side. As a staff member, I can tell you it's easier to curb the language than it is to continually warn/infract/ban each member that steps passionately out of line. By changing h*ter and H*mer to oranges and aquas we've had the added benefit of showing members how silly that name calling is without having to infract or ban a single member for using them. Do you think your solution would work better?

Back
Top Bottom