This is Ridiculous | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is Ridiculous

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
I really really really really really hope this Randy Moss Bullsh-t is just that. Bullsh-t. I think Randy Moss is a great player. Without a doubt, the best. BUT WE DON'T NEED HIM IN MIAMI!!!! Not for what he will cost. Chambers is our guy. All we need is a #2 guy.

Keep Ogunleye unless someone surrenders their 1st and 3rd.

Keep Madison and stop b-tching about his contract. He's one of the best CB's in the league and we already got more cap space than most teams.

And for the love of God don't trade Chambers or our Picks!!!

What happened to just focusing on our O-line and drafting a WR in round 1??? I liked that Idea.

I know a lot of people are gonna bash me for this post but surely some of you feel this way too? :lurking:

I feel the same way. i dont care who you are. this is a team game. i wouldnt give up all that. no way, no how. But i think we should get rid of madison for a second rounder.

not gonna bash you, you're entitled to your opinion, but if we can upgrade to O-line and bring in Moss while keeping Chambers, it's hard to be against that.

Moss for ogun/madison/and that first rounder we were gonna use to get a WR would be A-OK by me.

Madison is basically going to get cut if we dont trade him since he said he would take a paycut, but not a big enough one according to Miami. Ogun we may be able to keep this year, since the market has almost dried up with kearse and wistrom signing (leaves KC,Chi, Minny) but a long term deal would be difficult for us anyway.

i say trade ogun/madison/our first for moss
bring in jeno james(almost a done deal), bring in woody or tait
bring in fernando bryant/webster/howard to help ease the loss of madison and let's roll

But why are they suddenly wanting Madison to take this huge paycut?
He's f-cking Sam Madison! It's not like they can't afford him anymore. He's still a shutdown corner.

By cutting/trading him we're taking focus off of where it needs to be which is O-Line. I'm all for drafting a CB this year for Sam's eventual replacement but I think he should stay for now.

hey want him to take a pay cut because he's overpaid
i agree, hes still a top corner in the nfl, but hes not worth 8 million dollars against our cap this year and next year do you think our aging #2 CB who has lost a step is worth that much?

sammy boy and his agent knew years ago that when it reached this stage in his contract that they would probably have to do something about it, whether restructure or paycut.....he is still one of the top 5-10 corners in the league, but isn't worth 8mill

When you look at the importance of him to our D, and the fact that we are in a "win now" mode... Yes I think he's worth that. Especially If AJ Feeley is worth a 2nd round pick and 18 million.

I'm one of those people who look back at last year and anylize every play and say, "boy, if we'd done this and that we'd have got to the playoffs and kicked the sh-t out of NE." So I don't think It's time to start cutting ties with all our star players just yet. Let's make a few minor upgrades and give it another go. If we we're going to rebuild, fine, I could live with that. Draft Rivers. But that's not the Direction we're going so I don't like the Idea of losing Sam, Marion, and Ogunleye at one time.

Originally posted by Lukin
But why are they suddenly wanting Madison to take this huge paycut?
He's f-cking Sam Madison! It's not like they can't afford him anymore. He's still a shutdown corner.

By cutting/trading him we're taking focus off of where it needs to be which is O-Line. I'm all for drafting a CB this year for Sam's eventual replacement but I think he should stay for now.

He wasn't a shut down Corner last season. In fact, he lost a step and highlighted Brock Marions loss of a step as well. In prior years we left him on the island and he excelled. Last year when he wasn't getting help he got burned.

The bad part of this whole thing to me would be losing ogun for Moss when we could potentially have a 1st and 3rd. Minny should be looking at this as they would get our 1st, Ogun(who is marketed for a 1st and third) and sam madison! cmon man. you cant back away from that. im tellin ya, madison can be replaced. i dont know about Ogun but to have Chambers/Moss would be like, WOOOOOOOOOOOW!

and another thing! we would have another friggin 8 million to spend!!! jeez, just give that money to Moss and we are still able to spend! woooooooow! give up the first Spiel! No chambers!

Back
Top Bottom