This is what 49er fans are saying on their boards... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what 49er fans are saying on their boards...

Ninerfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
(Copied from SJ Mercury News Web Site)

Just thought you guys might like to know what other 49er fans think about the game....

My thoughts on this week's game (a must win IMO)

Miami has had a very good defense year in and year since 96 when Jimmy arrived. This year the offense is more explosive thanks tot he addition of explosive rookie playmaker Chris Chambers and 3rd down back Travis Minor. Chambers like I said on Draft day, was a huge steal in round 2. This guy made big plays at Wisconsin but lacked consistency because of Wisconsin's lack of QB play. Chambers is about 6'0" 200pds with 4.3 speed and may have the best vertical jump in the NFL. Travis Minor, Kev's boy, is averaging about 6 yards a carry and getting about 5-8 carries a game. He also catches the ball very well out of the backfield. The rest off the offense: Im not a big Jay Fielder guy (I think Ray Lucas is better), but you can get by him as he can scramble and make some plays. The Dolphins have plenty of good WR's and like to spread the field (our weakness on D). James McKnight who led Dallas in receiving last year, no longer has 4.3 speed as he hurt his knee two years ago, but is still a pretty good receiver, Orande Gadsen is an ultra strong 6'2" 217 pound WR who lacks speed but make's some acrobatic catches. Dederic Ward who started for the Jets last year gives them a speed guy as a 4th WR. Be sure that the Phins will spread the ball on us. Their offensive line is beat up as they are down to their fourth string left tackle and lost their best O-Lineman in left guard Mark Dixon two weeks ago.

On Defense, they have lost Daryl Gardner inside and Madison has been out. But they still have two very good corner's in Patrick Surtain and Jamar Fletcher, two very solid safeties, a great Middle Linebacker in Zach Thomas, a great pass rusher in Jason Taylor and a stud inside in Tim Bowens. It will be tough to move the ball on this defense, but they do give up some big plays.

This will be a tough game.

NGP: San Fran: 29 Miami: 27

maybe for a 9er fan it was implicit, but why would the 9ers win based on that analysis ? ;) :lol:

If I were you/them, I would look at use barely beating Barfalo and you guys trouncing them 35-0. Though having a tough loss to the Bills biggest rival greatly contributed to them losing to you guys.

I've been going over to the 49'ers Webzone and they've been way cool over there. Just halfway smackin about the game, but that's as far as it goes. :cool:

most fans are a little lay back!

the only ones i've had words with are, barffalo fans, jet fans and raider fans! every now and then you get some avid dallas fan that thinks the cowboys are still and will always be, AMERICA's TEAM!

You're right, that analysis wouldn't suggest the score the guy came up with. I just wanted to show that our fans respect your guys offense. Especially your receivers. The Web Zone is pretty cool. So is the SJ Mercury News Forum. Speaking of fans I can't stand, how about Rams fans??? They were talking trash all last week (about stupid stuff that had nothing to do with the game) and they are still trying to talk trash after the game. Most of them didn't even become Rams fans until mid season 1999 so I consider most of them to be bandwagon fans...not true of all of them of course.

You know, I've never been to a Cowboys board. Are they as arrogant as the Raiders or dare I say some of the Jets fans?

Cowboys Fans?? Don't even get me started!!!

They have got to be the worst!!! I've watched a few games (niners vs cowboys) in the vicinity of cowboys fans and it was brutal. They are extremely ****y and they are very loud and boisterous. If a cowboy player makes a two yard run they yell:

"yee haaaww!! I guess we gonna win this one!!! Cowboys rooolll!!"

So take that quote and multiple it by how many plays there are in a game (Because that's how many times you would hear it) and you get the idea.

Two reasons why the Bills gave us problems, and the 49ers whipped em is this:

We played them in their house, and they know us waaaaaay to well because they play us twice a year every year.

The Niners got them at home, and defeated them soundly because the Bills aren't familiar with them.

We might have some similar problems, as we have yet to face a team with two receivers over 6' tall. Owens is Chris Chambers only with more experience. JJ Stokes is no slouch himself.

Garrison Hearst is fast, and is a great cut back runner. Let's face it guys, we have not stopped the run very well at all this year. Rhodes got over 80 yards against us, and that was with us smoking them 41-6.

This is going to come down to whichever team's defense gets after the passer, and also stops the run better.

I give the advantage to the Niners.

:monkey: Redskins
clear.gif

Give 9erFan some credit. He's smart enough to realize that Lucas is better than Fiedler.

Nope

Take a look at what 9er wrote. Here is a completely unbiased opinion.

Take a look at what I wrote about regarding Jay in the last 3 games in the "Jay in 2002" post.

Back
Top Bottom