This is what a Terrifying D should look like | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what a Terrifying D should look like

DeeAy3000

Big Things
Reaction score
This could be special...

3 - 4

CB - Sam Madison
CB - Will Poole
FS - Tebucky Jones
SS - Yeremiah Bell / Mitch Meeuwsen
OLB - Junior Seau
ILB - Channing Crowder
ILB - Zach Thomas
OLB - Jason Taylor
DT - Larry Chester
DE - Kevin Carter
DE - Matt Roth / Vonnie Holliday

thoughts?

It does allow flexibility, we could actually get an injury this year on D and still have capable people on the field, that's refreshing.

Thomas wouldn't play in that 3-4 look, Roth can't play 3-4 DE.

Hey DeeJay is there a reason that your sig says ".... to Jacksonville" and not "... to Gainesville" ? just wondering because the Gators don't play in Jacksonville.

fantasticfins said:
Hey DeeJay is there a reason that your sig says ".... to Jacksonville" and not "... to Gainesville" ? just wondering because the Gators don't play in Jacksonville.

The annual georgia florida game aka "The World's Largest Outdoor ****tail Party" is always held at Jacksonville.

JT won't start linebacker. I don't know why people are still saying this. JT has even come out himself and said he wouldn't be playing it.

Yeah Roth would be more likely to play OLB along with Taylor in that formation, and Junior Seau is definitely not an OLB in the 3-4, he has always been a MLB, ILB, or very similar spot, WSLB. He's played in the 3-4 before and when he did I am pretty 100% positive he played ILB.

It is more likely that Holliday, Chester, Carter, Bowens, Bowens, and some of the new pups would rotate along the DL while Roth and Taylor played OLB fairly consistently (subbing out for Spragan and Crowder), and Zach and Junior would play inside while Crowder subbed in at those spots too.

fantasticfins said:

LOL! Please tell me you're kidding! :roflmao:

NIMA said:
JT won't start linebacker. I don't know why people are still saying this. JT has even come out himself and said he wouldn't be playing it.

If he wants to keep his job, he better learn to play it. Oh, and IMO ZT will be able to play the 3-4. He's always been overlooked or underrated and he's come out on top every time.

Actually it was his agent that said he shouldn't be moved to linebacker, when Jason Taylor actually said anything, he said he would do whatever the coach wants him to do.

And it might not be technically called "linebacker" but rather "OE End" which has a lot of the same versatility involved as a 3-4 passrushing OLB.

ckparrothead said:
Actually it was his agent that said he shouldn't be moved to linebacker, when Jason Taylor actually said anything, he said he would do whatever the coach wants him to do.

And it might not be technically called "linebacker" but rather "OE End" which has a lot of the same versatility involved as a 3-4 passrushing OLB.

I never understood his agent saying that because I think JT would be happy as long as he's chasing a QB, I figure he would be sort of excited to get a chance at a different position occasionally especially if it equates to wins.

DeeAy3000 said:
I never understood his agent saying that because I think JT would be happy as long as he's chasing a QB, I figure he would be sort of excited to get a chance at a different position occasionally especially if it equates to wins.

he even said in an interview that the whole thing got blown out of proportion, he just wants to win

NIMA said:
Our base defense will probably still be an even front 4-3 which would mean JT in his usual spot. But when we switch up to a 3-4, then he and Roth will both become the OLBs. I could see the 4-3 front being Roth/Carter/Chester/Taylor with Spragan/Thomas/Seau at LB, then when we go to a 3-4, it would be Carter/Chester/Holliday on the DL with Roth/Seau/Thomas/Taylor at LB.
Taylor did very well when he played the Cobra position which had him standing up and moving around to attack from different places, and IMO he would do an excellent job as the OLB in a 3-4.

Back
Top Bottom