This Is What I Woul Do | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Is What I Woul Do

Kingdom Come

Active Roster
Reaction score
If I were Chris Grier the first thing I would do, is yank my head out of my arse. If I couldn't get it out right away, I would seek help from my coaching staff.

Then I would do these things immediately.

Tender Jake Brendel.
Cut Ryan Tannehill
Cut Kiko
Cut Akeem Spence
Cut Daniel Kilgore
Cut Josh Sitton
Bring back RB Bolden
Make a deal to sign Earl Thomas and move TJ McDonald to LB/S backup Baker and play as dime back
Minkah is the starting slot cb in our new base nickel defense.
Make a deal to sign Center Matt Paradis Paradis has quietly put up the highest grade for a center over the last couple years. Five year deal worth 58 mil making him the highest paid center and he deserves every penny.
Make a deal to sign DI Henry Anderson
Make a deal to sign Edge Justin Houston
Make a deal to sign WR Phillip Dorsett

Make a deal to sign WR Kevin White to a one year deal for peanuts. Rebuilding year is a good time to see if White and Parker can stay healthy. If one of them breaks out in 2019 you give him a contract, otherwise, they both walk.

Make a deal to sign Hybrid Michael Johnson He will be dirt cheap and might be a good fit for certain fronts

Trade Kenny Stills for a 4th

Trade Robert Quinn and Davon Godchaux to the Chiefs for Dee Ford. Very complicated deal where both Quinn and Ford agree to sign long term contracts. Quinn, around 3 years 25 mil, and Ford 6 years 100 million with a ton guaranteed. Draft picks may also be involved. Davon Godchaux is an extremely promising young DT who is already one of the best run stuffers in the league. I just think Henry Anderson is better suited to this defense.

Trade Bobby McCain for a song. He is a slot corner only and Minkah showed himself in his rookie year to be the best slot corner in the league. To the Falcons for a 6th. Eat the dead cap.

As far as depth goes, I really like the acquisition of Dee Delaney, and Jalen Davis looked awful good in very limited snaps last year. Let Bobby go.

Draft: Trade down and acquire a 2nd round pick, then draft Dexter Lawrence in the first.
2nd....Dalton Risner RG
2nd....Chase Winovich Edge Elite against the run he should be perfect in rotation with Ford.
3rd....Max Scharping OT
4th.....Andy Isabella WR All in on speed and quickness at the WR position
4th....Easton Stick QB PFF had three QB's with grades in the 90's,Kyler Murray,Will Grier, and Easton Stick. I have seen every game Easton has ever played, multiple times. I am a huge NDSU fan,it's where I went to school. I don't quite believe Stick is a starter in the NFL. The timing and pin-point accuracy aren't there.....at least not yet. I do believe he will be a very high quality #2. So you let Falk and Stick compete this year and next year you draft your superstar.
5th....Darnell Savage Safety
6th.....John Cominsky DL
6th...Maxx Crosby edge //Just needs to fill out that elite frame and get stronger, huge upside
7th...Joe Lowery OT Could be the starting RT after his rookie year. Gonna be raw.

URFA's:
Andrew Van Ginkel OLB
Darrius Shepherd WR
Terronne Prescod OG
Corbin Kaufusi Hybrid DL
Joe Dineen Jr LB
Michael Dogbe DI
Cortez Broughton DI/Hybrid

QB.....Stick/Falk
RB.....Drake/Ballage/Bolden
TE.....Mike Gesicki/Nick O'Leary/Dwayne Allen
WR.....Albert Wilson/Davante Parker/Phillip Dorsett/Grant/Isabella/Butler
OT.....Tunsil,Scharping,Zach Sterup.....Lowery on the PS
C....Paradis,Swanson,Brendel
OG.....Dalton Risner,Davis,Prescod,Brendel

DI....Dexter Lawrence,Henry Anderson, Vincent Taylor,,John Cominsky
Hybrid....Michael Johnson,Corbin Kaufusi,Woodard
Edge....Ford,Houston,Winovich,Harris,Crosby
ILB's....McMillan,Baker,TJ McDonald,Chase Allen,Joe Dineen Jr
Tweener LB....Andrew Van Ginkel
Safety....Jones,Thomas,Darnell Savage,Aikens
CB.....X,Jalen Davis,Minkah,Tankersley,Delaney,Armstrong

LS...Denny
P...Haack
K...Sanders

Take it easy on me, I did this in big,big hurry.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins/

Go here and press the 2020 button. Then, do the math, removing all the cap hits of players that have been traded or cut.

There's nothing left on the books if we don't sign some players. The cap room is like 150 mil if we make these cuts and don't sign other free agents or make trades.

Even if you are rebuilding, you still need to put together a roster. Might as well acquire some good players for the future when we are actually trying to win. Hopefully that is 2020.

I disagree. I think we need this one, and many more.

Everyone needs to know that when Grier takes this team into the abyss for the next three years................it didn't have to be that way.

There are moves that can be made that would make the rebuild only one year, instead of the ongoing debacle that Grier is taking this team into.

A Pro-Active and aggressive GM would have already been out ahead of the waves and the tide, but Grier is obviously overwhelmed and filled with confusion and indecision.

Know for absolute certain that when you watch and see nothing getting done........it just didn't ever have to be this way.

Ross is a complete idiot for hiring Grier. He wasn't even a good scout.

Why would the Chiefs trade a a still pretty young pass rusher in Dee Ford who just had a career year for a guy is clearly a shell of his former self in Quinn and a guy who in Godchaux who probably couldn't supplant any of their starters on the DL.

Why would the Chiefs trade a a still pretty young pass rusher in Dee Ford who just had a career year for a guy is clearly a shell of his former self in Quinn and a guy who in Godchaux who probably couldn't supplant any of their starters on the DL.

They wouldn't ... Ford got tagged.

You guys are just boring with your ignorance day in and day out.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/03/11/dee-ford-trade-rumors-chiefs-might-wait-49ers-packers/

Dee Ford is on the trade market and has been for some time. He doesn't fit as a 4-3 end, he is a 3-4 OLB. Spagnulo is the new DC in KC and he is converting the defense to a traditional 4-3.

That is why they are moving on from Houston and Ford.

Godchaux would fit perfectly next to Chris Jones and in a rotation with other interior defenders. He is only 24 years old and loaded with upside. He is also under his rookie contract for another two years and his salary is peanuts. He has way, way, way more value than a lot of Dolphin fans think.

Fanspeak Premium being put to work....

You guys are just boring with your ignorance day in and day out.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/03/11/dee-ford-trade-rumors-chiefs-might-wait-49ers-packers/

Dee Ford is on the trade market and has been for some time. He doesn't fit as a 4-3 end, he is a 3-4 OLB. Spagnulo is the new DC in KC and he is converting the defense to a traditional 4-3.

That is why they are moving on from Houston and Ford.

Godchaux would fit perfectly next to Chris Jones and in a rotation with other interior defenders. He is only 24 years old and loaded with upside. He is also under his rookie contract for another two years and his salary is peanuts. He has way, way, way more value than a lot of Dolphin fans think.

My man, you put these together all the time and none of them are realistic. You also get you feelings hurt when anyone points that out. If you can't handle the criticism like an adult, don't take the time to put your opinion out there.

If I were Chris Grier the first thing I would do, is yank my head out of my arse. If I couldn't get it out right away, I would seek help from my coaching staff.

Tender Jake Brendel.
Cut Ryan Tannehill
Cut Kiko
Cut Akeem Spence
Cut Daniel Kilgore
Cut Josh Sitton
Bring back RB Bolden
Make a deal to sign Earl Thomas and move TJ McDonald to LB/S backup Baker and play as dime back
Make a deal to sign Center Matt Paradis Paradis has quietly put up the highest grade for a center over the last couple years. Five year deal worth 58 mil making him the highest paid center and he deserves every penny.

Make a deal to sign WR Kevin White to a one year deal for peanuts. Rebuilding year is a good time to see if White and Parker can stay healthy. If one of them breaks out in 2019 you give him a contract, otherwise, they both walk.

Make a deal to sign Hybrid Michael Johnson He will be dirt cheap and might be a good fit for certain fronts

Trade Robert Quinn and Davon Godchaux to the Chiefs for Dee Ford. Very complicated deal where both Quinn and Ford agree to sign long term contracts. Quinn, around 3 years 25 mil, and Ford 6 years 100 million with a ton guaranteed. Draft picks may also be involved. Davon Godchaux is an extremely promising young DT who is already one of the best run stuffers in the league. I just think Henry Anderson is better suited to this defense.

Trade Bobby McCain for a song. He is a slot corner only and Minkah showed himself in his rookie year to be the best slot corner in the league. To the Falcons for a 6th. Eat the dead cap.

As far as depth goes, I really like the acquisition of Dee Delaney, and Jalen Davis looked awful good in very limited snaps last year. Let Bobby go.

Draft: Trade down and acquire a 2nd round pick, then draft Dexter Lawrence in the first.
2nd....Dalton Risner RG
2nd....Chase Winovich Edge Elite against the run he should be perfect in rotation with Ford.
3rd....Max Scharping OT
4th....Easton Stick QB PFF had three QB's with grades in the 90's,Kyler Murray,Will Grier, and Easton Stick. I have seen every game Easton has ever played, multiple times. I am a huge NDSU fan,it's where I went to school. I don't quite believe Stick is a starter in the NFL. The timing and pin-point accuracy aren't there.....at least not yet. I do believe he will be a very high quality #2. So you let Falk and Stick compete this year and next year you draft your superstar.
6th.....John Cominsky DL
6th...Maxx Crosby edge //Just needs to fill out that elite frame and get stronger, huge upside
7th...Joe Lowery OT Could be the starting RT after his rookie year. Gonna be raw.

URFA's:
Andrew Van Ginkel OLB
Darrius Shepherd WR
Terronne Prescod OG
Corbin Kaufusi Hybrid DL
Joe Dineen Jr LB
Michael Dogbe DI

QB.....Stick/Falk

LS...Denny
P...Haack
K...Sanders

If I were Chris Grier, I’d fire you for doing that to Minkah.

While we’re at it, let’s put Tunsil at TE. Kinda the same responsibilities. :bobdole:

Tender Jake Brendel.
Cut Ryan Tannehill
Cut Kiko
Cut Akeem Spence
Cut Daniel Kilgore
Cut Josh Sitton
Bring back RB Bolden

2nd....Dalton Risner RG
3rd....Max Scharping OT
6th.....John Cominsky DL

URFA's:
Andrew Van Ginkel OLB
Darrius Shepherd WR
Terronne Prescod OG
Corbin Kaufusi Hybrid DL
Joe Dineen Jr LB
Michael Dogbe DI

QB.....Stick/Falk

LS...Denny
P...Haack
K...Sanders

wait, you did all of this in a hurry? I wonder what you'd do if you had more time....lol

I’m on board with the this tank job, keep it coming. I don’t want to see a bridge quarterback like Bridgewater, let Falk, Rudock and a late draft pick like Stidham battle it out. I also don’t want any shiny new toys like Ford. I want this cap mess fixed for good!!! I want to see this team trade down when the opportunity presents itself and acquire more picks. I am sick and tired of this FO thinking that signing aging veterans to bad contracts will somehow make this team successful.

Back
Top Bottom