This Is What I Woul Do | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Is What I Woul Do

I figured you'd go to PFF, compile a list of all the top ranked FA available, go down the list and assemble your team. Sounds easy. Think I'll become a GM.

At this point we have no QB or core to compete.

Spend the next two years building up the team and target the Clemson QB.

No joke, this may be the worst mock off season I’ve seen so far.

At this point we have no QB or core to compete.

Spend the next two years building up the team and target the Clemson QB.

Actually, you are incorrect. Our current QB is probably Tannehill and until he gets cut or traded or retires, that is where we will be. After he is gone, then your speculations would have some merit.

You guys are just boring with your ignorance day in and day out.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/03/11/dee-ford-trade-rumors-chiefs-might-wait-49ers-packers/

Dee Ford is on the trade market and has been for some time. He doesn't fit as a 4-3 end, he is a 3-4 OLB. Spagnulo is the new DC in KC and he is converting the defense to a traditional 4-3.

That is why they are moving on from Houston and Ford.

Godchaux would fit perfectly next to Chris Jones and in a rotation with other interior defenders. He is only 24 years old and loaded with upside. He is also under his rookie contract for another two years and his salary is peanuts. He has way, way, way more value than a lot of Dolphin fans think.

omg you are just too much man.

Didn't you already make one of these with some pretty outlandish moves/ideas?

Sounds good.

I just have one minor addition.

Trade next years 2nd for AZs first this year, and a conditional 1st in 2021.

#1 Get the QB in Draft

Trade this year's 1st and 2nd and next year's first and second to get up top and get Haskins or Lock. Cannot win without an efficient quarterback. Trade Minkah if they need a player. And sign Garrett Gilbert from AAF.

Money needed: $7.5 mil per year.

#2 Oline

We have Kilgore, Sitton, and Tunsil. We need RG, RT. Get them in the draft with the remaining late pick! Davis can stay, Sterup can stay.
Some draftees in later rounds: Titus Howard, Paul Adams, Alex Bars, Roemer, Terrone Prescod, there are plenty players in the draft to fix the line. Do your job.

Money needed: $2.0 mil.

#3 Dline:

Coaches want to run 34. Get them some 34 OLB and DTs in FA.

Justin Houston: $17 mil.
Shaq Barrett: $10 mil.
Jamie Collins: $10 mil
Bennie Logan: $8 mil.
William Hayes: $5 mil

Total: $50 mil

#6 Cap Needed for FA and rookies

$60 million.

#7 Cuts:

Available Cap: 22 mil
Tannehill: 13 mil
Quinn: 13 mil
Parker: 9 mil
Asiata, Falk: 1 mil

Cap Savings: 57 mil

#8 Go back and rework contracts to fit for the differences

To fit 3.5 mil for Allen

Keep Parker for 5 mil
Do not sign Hayes for 5 mil

#9 Roster

QB: Haskins(Lock), Gilbert, Rudock
RB: Drake, Ballage, some guy
FB: whatever
WR: Stills, Parker, Wilson, Grant
TE: Allen, Gesicki, O'Leary, Smythe
LT Tunsil
RG Sitton, Prescod
C Kilgore, Agasiva (UDFA)
RG Paul Adams (Alex Bars)
LT Titus Howard, Davis

DT Logan, Spence, Godchaux, Taylor, Pittman
OLB Houston, Barrett, Collins, Harris
ILB McMillan, Alonso, Baker, Allen, Poling
S Jones, McDonald, Fitzpatrick, Aikens
CB McCain, Howard, Tankersley, McTyer, Armstrong, Davis

S Haack, Sanders, Denney

There is money to work with, plenty of picks, and opportunity.

Last edited:
Kingdom Come: That was perhaps the most absurd mock off-season on the forum

LargoFin: Hold my beer...

FSU Truth: Hold my beer

The point is, there is plenty of money, plenty of picks , and plenty of opportunity. This team cannot expect the players to do their job, nor anyone else, if they throw their hands up in the air like you and do nothing.

Just like you, instead of posting dumb replies and not offering anything of any value, the GM of Dolphins cannot do that. It's garbage.

There are three things this GM must fix this offseason, QB, Oline, Dline. And there is plenty of opportunity to get to work and get it done.

Last edited:
Seems like a good time to start the so-called rebuild...
Don't want to see the big pay checks but we were looking to re-up James, so why not Daryl Williams. Coming off an injury but 26 years old and damn I'd have no problem resting him for as long as he wants. Get him for 3-4 years...
and Look into what it would take to get G/C Ted Karras (26 years old) solid backup for Pats with one more year on his rookie contract who I'd think Flores and co. would know about....

Be nice to start the future with some solid OL men. JMO

Back
Top Bottom