This Is What I Woul Do | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Is What I Woul Do

FSU Truth: Hold my beer

The point is, there is plenty of money, plenty of picks , and plenty of opportunity. This team cannot expect the players to do their job, nor anyone else, if they throw their hands up in their like you and do nothing.

Just like you, instead of posting dumb replies and not offering anything of any value, the GM of Dolphins cannot do that. It's garbage.

There are three things this GM must fix this offseason, QB, Oline, Dline. And there is plenty of opportunity to get to work and get it done.

Yes, but playing make believe is a completely serious endeavor.

Your plan puts this team right back in an eternal 8-8 cycle...grabbing free agents, using over-the-hill oft injured o-lineman and trading away a ton of resources for a QB.

Lets take a look at the idea of adding a young QB behind the line you suggest. I mean it is not like we didn't just do that in 2013 and 2014 with Ryan Tannehill and didn't ruin him before he had a chance to get develop. Trading away 4 top 50 picks for one player when you are going to put him in a situation where he is doomed to fail.

Justin Houston...cool, we just tried that with Quinn..worked out real ****ing well.

For ****s sake, it is as if you want this team to work hard as hell, and spend tons of money to continue to be mediocre.

I swear, I make jokes at idiotic things like this because I can't believe that a normal functioning adult would post something like this...I guess I assume it is satire.

Personally i would adopt a Belichick culture of not overspending for anyone.

Unless we keep Tannehill we arent getting a starter in FA's or draft. We arent high enough to get Lock or Haskins.

Get an edge guy Montez Sweat with first pick. Get 2 QBs in later rounds like Tyree and Stick, let those two compete with Falk and Rudock.

Say bye to Fales, Osweiler, Kilgore, Quinn.

Keep Alonso because he can tackle, and keep Hayes because he is a run stuffing DE.

Swanson can play Center just fine. Brendel can play guard just fine. Kick Davis out to RT. Draft your other OG in 2nd round.

Sign a good CB opposite of Howard. McCain cant be #2. Minkah and Jones at Safeties.

Lets take a look at the idea of adding a young QB behind the line you suggest.

The Oline is a veteran Oline for the most part. C Kilgore, RG Sitton, LT Tunsil. The RT is Davis. They need to fix the RT spot and RG, and get some depth. All that can be done in the draft, and in late rounds. Heck they could sign players from AAF. For example, C Jordan McCray has had 5 weeks of being ranked as top performing center in the AAF. There is your backup center, he is 27, and can sign him for the minimum. They need to do their job.

Justin Houston...cool, we just tried that with Quinn..worked out real ****ing well.

For ****s sake, it is as if you want this team to work hard as hell, and spend tons of money to continue to be mediocre.

Of course they need to spend the money to build the team. That's what it's all about. They are moving to 34 and they need 34 linebackers on the outside. Go Get them. They were after Flowers! Houston, Barrett, Collins are available. Go get them. Fix the defense!

I cannot believe a normal functioning adult does not understand we need to move up and get the QB for the next four-year SB window, to roll, and we need to fix the 34 Dline! And we can do it this year. Urgency, vigilance, action! Go get it!

The Oline is a veteran Oline for the most part. C Kilgore, RG Sitton, LT Tunsil. The RT is Davis. They need to fix the RT spot and RG, and get some depth. All that can be done in the draft, and in late rounds. Heck they could sign players from AAF. For example, C Jordan McCray has had 5 weeks of being ranked as top performing center in the AAF. There is your backup center, he is 27, and can sign him for the minimum. They need to do their job.

Of course they need to spend the money to build the team. That's what it's all about. They are moving to 34 and they need 34 linebackers on the outside. Go Get them. They were after Flowers! Houston, Barrett, Collins are available. Go get them. Fix the defense!

I cannot believe a normal functioning adult does not understand we need to move up and get the QB for the next four-year SB window, to roll, and we need to fix the 34 Dline! And we can do it this year. Urgency, vigilance, action! Go get it!

You want to move up for Haskins...lets put this out there, that no QB in the Urban Meyer system has success in the NFL...paint by number offense and he is pretty much a statue or should we move up for the grossly inaccurate Lock. I'm sorry, I'm not going to sign a bunch of neverbeens from some shitty football league and trade a ton of picks to spend the next 7 years with Tannehill 2.0.

Kilgore sucks, Sitton hasn't completed a season in 3 years and Davis is pretty bad. It was the o-line we had last year minus James that gave up a ton of sacks.

Again, now listen closely, there has never been a team, who won the off-season with spending tons of money, to win a super bowl. It doesn't happen. We've done it for years and we have made the playoffs once.

If I were Chris Grier, I’d fire you for doing that to Minkah.

While we’re at it, let’s put Tunsil at TE. Kinda the same responsibilities. :bobdole:

Do you even know this team at all, or do you just post crap for the sake of posting?

Minkah played three different positions last year. Safety,Boundary Corner, and slot CB.

The safety performance was kinda , meh, but the talent and skills to do well there are obvious.
He was a complete catastrophe at boundary corner, he won't be there again, ever.

At slot CB, he was thee best in the NFL. Yes, the highest grade at slot for any player all year long.

If the Dolphins are........indeed, running a base nickel defense next year then slot corner is a starting position.

Why, is that a disservice to Minkah?? Especially considering his elite abilities are perfect for him to have the kind of freedom being in the slot affords him.

Bobby McCain has been good in coverage at the slot, but has been a weak link against the run. Minkah, at the slot is elite in all aspects of playing that position, including pass rushing, which could be huge in the new defensive scheme.

Signing Earl Thomas would have manifold benefits all over the place imo. I believe the leadership and greatness of Earl's game would revive the career of Reshad Jones.

Dolphins have a ton invested in Jones. If acquiring the services of the greatest FS and secondary leader of our time will allow to Reshad to recapture his own greatness and start playing like the Pro Bowl player he is, then it is money well spent.

Again, now listen closely, there has never been a team, who won the off-season with spending tons of money, to win a super bowl. It doesn't happen. We've done it for years and we have made the playoffs once.

No, nobody wins the ofseason. Winning happens during the season.
Rams just went to superbowl, Eagles a few years ago, Chiefs played for AFC, etc. They all spent money, and every team spends money, the cap is fixed, everybody has to spend.

We are getting into a new SB window, and for that we need a QB, and we need to fix the defense primarily. And dang straight, they need to move up to get the QB, and they need to spend to fix the defense.

There is opportunity to do so now. Go get it!

And no, throwing hands up in their air and sending everyone on proverbial vacation for 12 months is not acceptable.

This is when I stopped reading this post.

You should have kept reading. You will see Minkah in the slot and as a starter this next year. Whether you call it base nickel, or big nickel, or ride'em cowboy, it's happening.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...ckel-package-sparked-patriots-turnaround-on-d
https://www.watchfantom.com/why-the-nickel-defense-is-the-new-base-defense-part-two/

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...ing-big-nickel-patriots-value-safety-position

There are many more links. The NFL evolves. Offenses change, and defenses have to change with the offenses.

At this point we have no QB or core to compete.

Spend the next two years building up the team and target the Clemson QB.

OK, but the whole point of the thread was that it doesn't have to take 2-4 years of dwelling in the cellar of the league, on the other hand, history has shown that one year in the deep dark cellar where teams recover some cap spac,e and position themselves at the top of the draft, can be very,very effective.

FSU Truth: Hold my beer

The point is, there is plenty of money, plenty of picks , and plenty of opportunity. This team cannot expect the players to do their job, nor anyone else, if they throw their hands up in the air like you and do nothing.

Just like you, instead of posting dumb replies and not offering anything of any value, the GM of Dolphins cannot do that. It's garbage.

There are three things this GM must fix this offseason, QB, Oline, Dline. And there is plenty of opportunity to get to work and get it done.

Sorry if my thread post lacked vision.

Nothing could have been further from my thoughts than the team and players taking the year off.

I simply disagree about the QB situation. I don't believe there is a good answer at starting QB this year. I love next year's class. I think there are going to be a couple new names at the forefront of the conversation as well.

I believe that strengthening the lines and building the foundation for an elite running game to go with an elite defense gives a rookie QB in 2020 the best chance to come right in and succeed.

Instead of making the same mistake as the Cardinals and Jets, and going out and trading up for your rookie QB, and then bring him into a hornets nest, where his confidence is going to be pounded into fodder.................you get your OL and running game going at a high level first.

You also put together a good defense so when your rookie makes the mistakes all rookies make, you can get him the ball back.

Imagine trading two 1sts and two 2nds for Drew Lock.

The whole point this year is to go and get Lock or Haskins to enter our SB window. Everything else follows.

They should trade everything and anything to acquire the #2 pick, Luckily it will not take as much as much as everything and anything, and luckily the QBs are available this year.

Instead of making the same mistake as the Cardinals and Jets, and going out and trading up for your rookie QB,.

The Jets, Bills, and Cardinals made a mistake and it was known last year those quarterbacks were garbage. Haskins and Lock are elite.
The only mistake is doing nothing and wasting a year. It's not even a mistake, it's simply unacceptable behavior from the GM. Complete failure of duties is what that is.

Back
Top Bottom