This is what NEEDS to happen to be successful | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what NEEDS to happen to be successful

timmash44

Active Roster
Reaction score
Clean out the front office. Fire T-Bum immediately. His contract extensions to players who don't deserve it like Kiko, Andre Branch, even McDonald. It sends mixed signals to the locker room that causes a cancer. Players like Landry should have received his extension in the offseason.

Cut Pouncey in the offseason. He is not worth his contract and is one injury away to being on the IR. He is injury prone. Need a consistent starter who practices every day with the team to build chemistry and continuity.

James should not be resigned in the offseason. His cap hit is too high and he is simply not worth it.

Give Tannehill one more year to prove he is what we Dolphin fans hype him up to be. With his injury he better be a book worm now, reading defensive schemes, ball placement skills, etc... Our wide receivers are talented enough be be a top five group in the NFL.

Cut J. Thomas its simple.

Need a bruiser RB, we had one but now he is in Philly.

I would get rid of our current DC. His defensive scheme is way to easy to predict.

Give Suh a contract extension in the offseason. To lower his cap hit.

Kiko is a MLB, I believe the reason he is playing so bad this year is because he is out of position.

Our DT Phillips hasn't panned out. He looks like a fat man who is out of shape.

We need a lockdown corner. Sherman? V. Davis?? Anyone who is better than Howard.

We desperaly need to get pressure on the QB's yes we all love Wake, but he is 35. Let us pray to the football gods that Charles Harris becomes who we all wish he can become.

SPEED! SPEED!! SPEED!!!. Our D looks slow. We need fire power on this team.

This draft coming up is going to be crucial for Gase and Grier. If we don't hit on players to better our overall team. We will not be contenders in our division. It's the same thing every year.

We need heart in our locker room. Not players who are playing for a paycheck. L. Timmons went AWOL. This is a sign something is very wrong. Then you have the coach who had a certain video go viral.

It's the Miami Dolphins a S*** strom.

We do have talent on this team. We all just need it to click.

What do you all think?? The best way to solve a problem is to identify it. It's common sense.

The Miami Dolphins have a lot of problems. Throwing money at the problem is not going to solve it.

I agree with the getting rid of players and mostly T-bum but unless you get rid of the whole FO, we are just doing what weve been doing for the longest time and it hasn't freaking worked. we keep trying to band aid things and not ever completely blowing it up. if we get rid of t-bum, then we need to let his replacement bring in his staff to include GM and HC. but mostly, I think our scouting dept. needs to be brought out to sea and drowned. its pathetic how after all these years, we really don't have that stand out player, and it starts with them.

Not that I disagree, but we know Tannebaum (sp?) isn't going anywhere.

The way I see it, I would like to see both coordinators replaced. Get some coordinators who are more sound and innovative in their approaches. I have no idea who that would be, but Peyton Manning might have some interest as offensive coordinator.

I would concentrate the offseason on improving the offensive line. I still think that's the major issue for this team. The defense has worn down as the season has progressed.

That said, I might go corner in round one of the draft. I'm not liking the lack of progress by X. Howard, but have been impressed with Tankersley. The team needs a shutdown player at corner.

Unfortunately, I think this is closer to a major rebuild than fans might think. May have to look at trading some veterans and seeing what you can get for some of them.

Clean out the front office. Fire T-Bum immediately. His contract extensions to players who don't deserve it like Kiko, Andre Branch, even McDonald. It sends mixed signals to the locker room that causes a cancer. Players like Landry should have received his extension in the offseason.

Cut Pouncey in the offseason. He is not worth his contract and is one injury away to being on the IR. He is injury prone. Need a consistent starter who practices every day with the team to build chemistry and continuity.

James should not be resigned in the offseason. His cap hit is too high and he is simply not worth it.

Give Tannehill one more year to prove he is what we Dolphin fans hype him up to be. With his injury he better be a book worm now, reading defensive schemes, ball placement skills, etc... Our wide receivers are talented enough be be a top five group in the NFL.

I would get rid of our current DC. His defensive scheme is way to easy to predict.

Kiko is a MLB, I believe the reason he is playing so bad this year is because he is out of position.

We need a lockdown corner. Sherman? V. Davis?? Anyone who is better than Howard.

We desperaly need to get pressure on the QB's yes we all love Wake, but he is 35. Let us pray to the football gods that Charles Harris becomes who we all wish he can become.

This draft coming up is going to be crucial for Gase and Grier. If we don't hit on players to better our overall team. We will not be contenders in our division. It's the same thing every year.

We need heart in our locker room. Not players who are playing for a paycheck. L. Timmons went AWOL. This is a sign something is very wrong. Then you have the coach who had a certain video go viral.

What do you all think?? The best way to solve a problem is to identify it. It's common sense.

The Miami Dolphins have a lot of problems. Throwing money at the problem is not going to solve it.
Agree with a lot of what you say but a few things I don't agree with. Don't do anything else with Suh. It was a bad deal for us so just let it run it's course now. Kiko's just not very good and RM will be our MLB coming next year. Please no more big money for injured vets so we don't need Sherman here, specially with his ego but getting rid of t-dumb would be a good start

Ozzy rules!!

The only job that might interest Peyton Manning is Tannenbaum's position.

Marino wouldn’t have that job. There’s your first clue that things are really ****ed up from top to bottom.

Doesn’t get much more Dolphin than him, except for Shula.

I have no doubt that if given the job Peyton would put in the required hours/work

As much as I love Dan I'm not so sure I can say the same about him

Ross has never run this team in a competent manner.

Always "too many cooks"

Not that I disagree, but we know Tannebaum (sp?) isn't going anywhere.

The way I see it, I would like to see both coordinators replaced. Get some coordinators who are more sound and innovative in their approaches. I have no idea who that would be, but Peyton Manning might have some interest as offensive coordinator.

I would concentrate the offseason on improving the offensive line. I still think that's the major issue for this team. The defense has worn down as the season has progressed.

That said, I might go corner in round one of the draft. I'm not liking the lack of progress by X. Howard, but have been impressed with Tankersley. The team needs a shutdown player at corner.

Unfortunately, I think this is closer to a major rebuild than fans might think. May have to look at trading some veterans and seeing what you can get for some of them.

If Tannenbum isn't going where I would rather see the team tank 0-16 until he's finally gone. Keep the same coordinators, tell them they've been doing a great job, keep sending practice squad players out and calling them starters on the offensive line. It's really sad I've reached the point where I'm rooting against the phins but this asshole is ruining the team and until he's gone the Dolphins have no chance of turning things around. Entire team is run by a con artist, and our owner is too stupid to see it.

McDonald may be worth the extension but giving him an extension before he evens plays a single meaningful minute for the team doesn’t sit well for me.

Pouncey should have been gone two season ago. Even when he’s healthy (rare I know) he still wasn’t really elite.

Philips has a year or two left to get it going. Remember it took like 4 years for Soliai to become solid.

Every dc that comes to Miami will have a basic scheme until they get real playmakers on defense. Miami doesn’t have a single impact player on defense, Jones included.

I’d be okay with James if he was a 4th round pick because he plays like one. But sadly Miami saw something to draft this guy round 1. Take a pay cut or hit the bricks.

Thomas experiment shouldn’t go any further than game 16 this year. Agree he needs cut.

Funny think about Kiko is everyone said last year he was playing out of position at MLB and with Timmons he could go to a more natural spot at Weak this year lol

Howard is ok but he clearly isn’t going to be a #1 corner. More suited to be a #2 corner with more improvement

Nothing else matters though until TBUM is gone. That won’t happen though unless Ross is gone so basically we need new ownership.

Perfectly said....

Back
Top Bottom