This is what we've been waiting for! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what we've been waiting for!

We weren't embarrassed, didn't beat ourselves, kept it close long enough to not be a waste of time, saw discipline and enough flashes to be encouraged...in other words, the perfect tank game.
The defense took a giant step backwards in this game. I didn’t expect a win but after the way the defense has been improving in recent weeks, the play of the defense was awful. It‘s obvious that Jones and McCain are not the answer at the safety positions. It would sure be nice to have a do over on the Steelers trade and have Fitzpatrick as the teams free safety going forward. I don’t see the Dolphins being able to draft any player nearly as talented as Fitzpatrick with the pick they received in the trade with the Steelers.

Lost by 17 to a division rival at home. That’s embarrassing. Ballage, who sucks, touched the ball 14 times. Flores may not have much talent on the team to work with but he isn’t exactly making the most of it. Grier is just clueless.

The o-line wasn't embarrassing?

The running game/backs weren't embarrassing?

Not having a plan for a QB who runs on us at will is not embarrassing?

That game made me think back to the beginning of the season. Those two wins went to our heads...as they should.

this is similar to my assessment of yesterday’s game. Flores has made some great progress with this roster and as a coach. Yesterday was a step backwards. JoshAllen has had 6 multi td games in his career, 4 of those against us. The bills were barely averaging 18 points yet We allowed 3td passes and 1 rushing to for a season high 37 points at home! That just can’t happen. IMO, This game was the same level of embarrassment as the ravens and patriots games.

Every team has games like this that seem like a regression. For me, they hurt more when they’re against our own division. Flores has lots to talk about with his team and he’ll address it as best as his personnel will allow. Hopefully Raekwon and Taco are back next week.

The biggest take away from this game for me is We’re just a little too close to that all time points allowed record and I definitely do not want any part of that.

The biggest take away from this game for me is We’re just a little too close to that all time points allowed record and I definitely do not want any part of that.

Yup. Too close, but this team has been so bad a 17 point loss doesn’t really affect their pace much as they were averaging 16.5 ppg before this game. It will be close.

We were definitely embarrassed.

But atleast we got ourselves a coach.

Am I right , guys?
It's his first ride at the rodeo and it looked like he was learning from game to game. No, he had to be learning from game to game because I thought he was a failure at the beginning of the season. He's gained my respect since the first 4 games. This was a step in the wrong direction. He'll get there.

Not what I've been waiting for. That's a cancerous losers mentality...

The biggest problems were up front. Josh Allen went back to pass 33 times and we hit him a grand total of ONE time.

The oline was real bad too. No doubt pass rusher/DE/Edge or however you want to call it is our top priority on defense

On offense other than QB we need help up front. I wish they had kept Boehm at Center but we're gonna need at least 3 new starters in 2020 up front.

my fault, we hit him twice. Still not good.

Last edited:
The biggest problems were up front. Josh Allen went back to pass 33 times and we hit him a grand total of ONE time.

The oline was real bad too. No doubt pass rusher/DE/Edge or however you want to call it is our top priority on defense

On offense other than QB we need help up front. I wish they had kept Boehm at Center but we're gonna need at least 3 new starters in 2020 up front.

I thought Biegel was an all pro pass rusher. That’s what all the Twitter donks are saying

I thought Biegel was an all pro pass rusher. That’s what all the Twitter donks are saying
He's done better than we could have expected but he's not an all pro. A pass rusher has to be drafted in the first two rounds. We have 5 picks in the first two rounds and I hope we use them wisely

Totally agree there, communication and overall performance was better with him there. I dont hate the O Line tinkering. Gotta see what you have with guys in particular positions. But the performance as a whole during this game was lacking.

I see both sides, embarrassing/not embarrassing. Ballage is a train wreck, he never seems to be able to do anything. The offensive line was awful as well. Wanted to see Davenport but seems he’s made of glass. I think McMillan being out was huge for this game. He’s out best run defender by a mile. Nonetheless you have to have depth so it still exposes a weakness. I have a hard time thinking we missed Taco that much but the pash rush was abysmal.

Back
Top Bottom