This is what we've been waiting for! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what we've been waiting for!

Not sure if it was embarrassing, because Miami's roster isn't completely NFL caliber at the moment. I'm calling it more like getting out muscled or getting physically manhandled at the line if scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Miami competed but got physically destroyed. They made a game of it, from late in the 2nd into the 3rd quarter, in spite of the improved play over the past few weeks, miami just couldn't compete the entire game.This game to me is a measurement as to where Miami needs to be. They simple ain't there yet. Need to get more physical and better in the trenches.

We weren't embarrassed, didn't beat ourselves, kept it close long enough to not be a waste of time, saw discipline and enough flashes to be encouraged...in other words, the perfect tank game.
It just shows how far this organization has fallen that a 17 point loss to the Bills at home is somehow seen in anyway positive. I remember when the Dolphins were actually one of the top franchises in the NFL and they never lost to the Bills. It is a joke that some of the younger Dolphin fans actually see anything positive from a loss to the Bills. The Bills controlled the game on offense and defense and except for the Grant kick return for a TD, the game wasn’t even close.

Unfortunately the only thing some fans are worried about is the Dolphins tanking properly. Yet the tank for Tua is no longer relevant since his injury and the only other QB worth a first round pick will be selected by the Bengals. Personally I would rather see the Dolphins winning games than being embarrassed by losing by 17 points to a very mediocre team at home.

We saw what most of us have seen all season, we were whipped on the lines. Period. Fix that and we are competitive. We have some skill players but there are even holes there. The lines on both sides keeps killing us. That, IMO, is where this draft must be successful. There is nobody on D that an opposing coach has to game plan for, without that you just go run your O and win the game. As for the offense, rush the QB, there is no running back/game you have to worry about, just keep the passing game from beating you.

I think some of you are missing my point. Yes, we were soundly outplayed from the start, but didn’t play stupidly, lose our composure or quit...and somehow stayed in the game well into the second half. Nothing to hang your hat on, but no worse than what we expected coming into the season. We 're not a good team, but no longer historically bad. After the humiliating start to the season, I can take losses like this.
Did you happen to notice what the Ravens did to the Texans off a bye week. That's embarrassing!

It's his first ride at the rodeo and it looked like he was learning from game to game. No, he had to be learning from game to game because I thought he was a failure at the beginning of the season. He's gained my respect since the first 4 games. This was a step in the wrong direction. He'll get there.

I don't want to hear excuses. We had people on this board saying we've found our coach. We had a story written in the media on something similar. After two wins.

Glad we've come back down to Earth a bit with this staff.

A staff who was actively sabotaging the purpose of this season.

Dolphins could of used Taco Charlton and Rackwon McMillian, both could of made a big difference in this game.
There were quite a few mistakes by the offensive line, bad enough we were out talented but the mistakes made it a bit ugly, when you don't have a running game guy's pin the ears back and come right at you, coaches must not have any confidence in Gaskin or Laird to pick up blitzing linebackers or they would be out there playing, I'm sure they seen enough of Ballage running but he must offer some protection.
Good game from Parker who went against an up and coming cornerback, decent game from Needham who covered Buffalo's top receiver all game, if it wasn't obvious that Bobby McCain is playing out of position at safety, a move back to slot next year should be a must.

Need some help on the defensive and offensive lines - it won't all get fixed next year but we could fix a lot of it, 2 more drafts were we have multiple 1st, 2nd's and 3rd's would be nice.

Good game to learn from, coaches still in there 1st year and GM traded away 70% of the talent for draft picks

It just shows how far this organization has fallen that a 17 point loss to the Bills at home is somehow seen in anyway positive. I remember when the Dolphins were actually one of the top franchises in the NFL and they never lost to the Bills. It is a joke that some of the younger Dolphin fans actually see anything positive from a loss to the Bills. The Bills controlled the game on offense and defense and except for the Grant kick return for a TD, the game wasn’t even close.

Unfortunately the only thing some fans are worried about is the Dolphins tanking properly. Yet the tank for Tua is no longer relevant since his injury and the only other QB worth a first round pick will be selected by the Bengals. Personally I would rather see the Dolphins winning games than being embarrassed by losing by 17 points to a very mediocre team at home.

I agree with you but it's time to stop singing the once upon a time blues.

This is why the team was blown up. They are starting from scratch, trying to build a foundation.

This offseason is scary because it's the most important offseason we have had in a very long time. With so many picks and so much cap room, we have the ammo to select/buy ourselves trench upgrades and if we can't get it right with so many provisions, we are in major trouble.

We were manhandled on both sides of the line and we still were able to chase them for a bit. As lacking in talent as we are, thats not too terrible. Hurns really murdered us with the fumble and dropped first down to kill momentum.

Now, you want to talk about melancholy- the fact that the stadium was overwhelmingly filled with Buffalo fan's cheers, that's extremely, extremely sad and embarrassing.

not a good game for sure, but we were in it in the fourth, but could never make the play. well get better as a fan have to look at the glass half full. Last week saints got their asses stomped with a super bowl roster...**** happens. Im impressed that in spite of how over matched we are they fight all game long. Gases teams embarrassed me

I agree with you but it's time to stop singing the once upon a time blues.

This is why the team was blown up. They are starting from scratch, trying to build a foundation.

This offseason is scary because it's the most important offseason we have had in a very long time. With so many picks and so much cap room, we have the ammo to select/buy ourselves trench upgrades and if we can't get it right with so many provisions, we are in major trouble.

We were manhandled on both sides of the line and we still were able to chase them for a bit. As lacking in talent as we are, thats not too terrible. Hurns really murdered us with the fumble and dropped first down to kill momentum.

Now, you want to talk about melancholy- the fact that the stadium was overwhelmingly filled with Buffalo fan's cheers, that's extremely, extremely sad and embarrassing.

I had no problem with them stating after last season that they were going to go in a different direction. I had no issue with them getting rid of Wake, Tannehill, and many of the older players who weren’t going to be around if they finally turn this team around. My issue is the fact Ross decided to stick with a GM who has been part of the problem for the last 20 years.

I also don’t care about the fact the Dolphins will get two late first round picks from the Texans because it cost the team the best offensive lineman on their roster. The trade of Fitzpatrick to the Steelers was a complete fiasco as far as I am concerned. The Dolphins traded away one of the best defensive backs in the entire NFL simply because Flores was too stubborn to play him at one position and that is all Fitzpatrick asked for. Instead
Fitzpatrick goes to the Steelers and becomes the best safety in the league. Meanwhile we have an over the hill Jones and an out of position McCain playing safety for us now.

After trading away two pro bowl caliber players, now two of the biggest needs on the roster are finding two talented players to play LT and safety in the future. While Grier might have done a decent job in getting value in trading Fitzpatrick and Tunsil, I would have preferred both these players be part of the rebuilding process.

My biggest problem is I have no confidence that Grier is the right guy to be in charge of picking the players for this rebuild. After 20 years in the organization and nothing but mediocrity or worse, I would have thought Ross would have opted to bring in a GM who had a record of success in the NFL. Because so far Ross has had no success as an owner by merely shuffling around the FO during his time as majority owner. Unfortunately I just have to hope Grier is a better GM than I believe him to be. Because if he isn’t the Dolphins will just continue to be a non factor in the NFL for many more years.

As far as me bringing up the past Dolphin success is concerned. At least I am old enough to have the memories of when the Dolphins were once a relevant team in the NFL. It is the younger generation I feel sorry for because they have seen nothing but mediocrity or worse from this organization for nearly two decades. Hopefully my two grandsons who are both Dolphin fans will someday get to experience a Dolphin team in a Super Bowl which I have been able to experience 5 times.

When you have a team that has been as mediocre as the Dolphins have been for so long, it is only my memories of their past success which keeps reminding me why I am still a fan and why I continue to purchase 4 season tickets year after year. I don’t often go to the games anymore because of the arthritis in my knees and back but I continue to purchase the tickets so my grandsons and their parents can enjoy the atmosphere of game day at the stadium. I just hope that all the losing and mediocrity they have seen over the years doesn’t lead to them not wanting to attend games as they get older.

Last edited:
I had no problem with them stating after last season that they were going to go in a different direction. I had no issue with them getting rid of Wake, Tannehill, and many of the older players who weren’t going to be around if they finally turn this team around. My issue is the fact Ross decided to stick with a GM who has been part of the problem for the last 20 years.

I also don’t care about the fact the Dolphins will get two late first round picks from the Texans because it cost the team the best offensive lineman on their roster. The trade of Fitzpatrick to the Steelers was a complete fiasco as far as I am concerned. The Dolphins traded away one of the best defensive backs in the entire NFL simply because Flores was too stubborn to play him at one position and that is all Fitzpatrick asked for. Instead
Fitzpatrick goes to the Steelers and becomes the best safety in the league. Meanwhile we have an over the hill Jones and an out of position McCain playing safety for us now.

After trading away two pro bowl caliber players, now two of the biggest needs on the roster are finding two talented players to play LT and safety in the future. While Grier might have done a decent job in getting value in trading Fitzpatrick and Tunsil, I would have preferred both these players be part of the rebuilding process.

My biggest problem is I was no confidence that Grier is the right guy to be in charge of picking the players for this rebuild. After 20 years in the organization and nothing but mediocrity or worse, I would have thought Ross would have opted to bring in a GM who had a record of success in the NFL. Because so far Ross has had no success as an owner by merely shuffling around the FO during his time as majority owner. Unfortunately I just have to hope Grier is a better GM than I believe him to be. Because if he isn’t the Dolphins will just continue to be a non factor in the NFL for many more years.

As far as me bringing up the past Dolphin success is concerned. At least I am old enough to have the memories of when the Dolphins were once a relevant team in the NFL. It is the younger generation I feel sorry for because they have seen nothing but mediocrity or worse from this organization for nearly two decades. Hopefully my two grandsons who are both Dolphin fans will someday get to experience a Dolphin team in a Super Bowl which I have been able to experience 5 times.

When you have a team that has been as mediocre as the Dolphins have been for so long, it is only my memories of their past success which keeps reminding me why I am still a fan and why I continue to purchase 4 season tickets year after year. I don’t often go to the games anymore because of the arthritis in my knees and back but I continue to purchase the tickets so my grandsons and their parents can enjoy the atmosphere of game day at the stadium. I just hope that all the losing and mediocrity they have seen over the years doesn’t lead to them not wanting to attend games as they get older.

Great storey and a true fan take my hat off to you

We in no way were embarrassed.
Using extreme ad absurdum is ramped on this board.
Embarrassed. The "worst in history". Garbage.
All terms over used right now.

I agree those terms are overused and we can play games with "embarrassed" or another term, but the OL and pass rush were BAD. No denying that. And 1Q, the whole group looked uninspired and lacked fire.

I mean the offensive line was offensive. They can't run the ball to save their lives and Fitzpatrick was under constant pressure. The defense gave up 37 points to a below average Buffalo offense. Making Josh Allen and John Brown look like all stars. Parker had a good game and Grant made a couple of nice plays including that return for a TD. Overall though it was an awful game by the Dolphins. I doubt that Flores is happy after that performance.

Agree with all that, but a decent pass rush would have yielded maybe 17 less points.

I don't want to hear excuses. We had people on this board saying we've found our coach. We had a story written in the media on something similar. After two wins.

Glad we've come back down to Earth a bit with this staff.

A staff who was actively sabotaging the purpose of this season.

Those two wins did have us walking around with our shirt off in the mirror.

It's his first ride at the rodeo and it looked like he was learning from game to game. No, he had to be learning from game to game because I thought he was a failure at the beginning of the season. He's gained my respect since the first 4 games. This was a step in the wrong direction. He'll get there.

Steps backwards are going to happen with this level of talent on the roster. Fact is, progress is evident and with this level of talent we have no business winning any games, regardless of who the opponent coach is or qb.

Steps backwards are going to happen with this level of talent on the roster. Fact is, progress is evident and with this level of talent we have no business winning any games, regardless of who the opponent coach is or qb.

Here is my struggle. Did Miami's O struggle because the OL was BAD (that's my take) or was it bad because of a superior game plan by the Bills (to an extent, maybe)? Looked to me like the typical Bills game plan against a markedly inferior OL

Back
Top Bottom