This is what we've been waiting for! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what we've been waiting for!

Here is my struggle. Did Miami's O struggle because the OL was BAD (that's my take) or was it bad because of a superior game plan by the Bills (to an extent, maybe)? Looked to me like the typical Bills game plan against a markedly inferior OL

Buffalo has a really good DL. Miami has a really bad OL. That's a recipe for disaster for any team with the inferior OL, you don't need a brilliant scheme when the talent gap is that huge. In other words, we agree. lol

The defense took a giant step backwards in this game. I didn’t expect a win but after the way the defense has been improving in recent weeks, the play of the defense was awful. It‘s obvious that Jones and McCain are not the answer at the safety positions. It would sure be nice to have a do over on the Steelers trade and have Fitzpatrick as the teams free safety going forward. I don’t see the Dolphins being able to draft any player nearly as talented as Fitzpatrick with the pick they received in the trade with the Steelers.

Isiah Simmons would dominate the rover role Flores had for Minkah. Get him with the 2nd first.

We weren't embarrassed, didn't beat ourselves, kept it close long enough to not be a waste of time, saw discipline and enough flashes to be encouraged...in other words, the perfect tank game.
who are we tanking for?

I think when you look at the games we played well 1st half and poorly 2nd, like the Bills first game and Dallas...

in the first half the other d was content to rush four and play conservative. Then we score some points and they adjust second half. They throw the house at the OL and dare the fins to beat it.

the difference yesterday was the Bills decided to throw the house from the first snap. And we had no answer.

also - can we please stop doing QB sneaks from a tight formation? Our OL doesn’t get the push 10v11. Go spread and create some damn gaps to go through

Here is my struggle. Did Miami's O struggle because the OL was BAD (that's my take) or was it bad because of a superior game plan by the Bills (to an extent, maybe)? Looked to me like the typical Bills game plan against a markedly inferior OL
The game plan definitly impacted. The late shifts worked perfect for buffalo

The o-line wasn't embarrassing?

The running game/backs weren't embarrassing?

Not having a plan for a QB who runs on us at will is not embarrassing?

That game made me think back to the beginning of the season. Those two wins went to our heads...as they should.

Actually, most of the problems containing Allen were on the left end. I have not reviewed the film, so I am not sure if the culprit was Moss or Harris. Someone showed horrible discipline and did not do his job.

The OL was confused because Bills did something to confuse them and get two yards into our backfield right at the snap. That was embarrassing because I've never seen another team get stuffed for a loss of two yards on every run for almost a half of football.

"you a hater?" Dude, I mean Homey...
I'm not sure whom I'm supposed to hate. Do I hate the Dolphins? Do I hate you? Is it rhetoric?

Do you have any idea (mental concept as opposed to an emotional ejaculation) what your talking about?

IMO, the hatred for Grier is misplaced at best and ludicrous at worse. You are just not going to be able to convince me that Ross didn't bring TBum here to be the final say. That was Ross's personal friend, he failed miserably and Ross had to fire his @$$. Mando may think that Grier did the draft picks, but not with TBum whispering in Ross's ear. We all saw TBum's utter failure the was the NY Jests, and can now see the results here of failed signings and lousy picks. The truth is WE don't know for sure, only a couple people know that and their not talking. Look at the bad extensions and who has cleared them, mainly for draft capitol. If Grier doesn't have a '83 like SF or '71 Pitt like draft then bitch all you want and fire him. I can never root for a 'tank', like what I see for the first time in a long time, and believe that for many of us 'old timers' we may be just a couple of good drafts from treating the AFC East like babies, and playing in the big game a couple times...

But it wasn't embarrassing, apparently

It wasn’t anywhere near as embarrassing as the first 2 matches. What’s embarrassing in my mind is that the Colts lost at home to our weakest roster in god knows how long and the Bills let that shambolic offence/team put 20 points on them and their performance against us at home was even more pathetic.

Even as early as next season the Bills will be below us in the final league standings and I’ll bet you fifty bucks right now on the thread if u wanna take it.

I mean, this is how they’re playing against us with this squad so going by what we’re seeing we’ll put 30 points plus on the Bills next season once we’ve got are 100 draft picks and FAs in (judging Bills’ standard this season - they’ve been play8ng us and the jests to get that record .... jokes)

I don't want to hear excuses. We had people on this board saying we've found our coach. We had a story written in the media on something similar. After two wins.

Glad we've come back down to Earth a bit with this staff.

A staff who was actively sabotaging the purpose of this season.

So enlighten me on the purpose of this season. I dont care what you THINK it is you are claiming you KNOW the purpose.

I agree. That game went pretty well for us.

Whole Sunday did just about

Back
Top Bottom