This is why no Dolphins fan should worry. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is why no Dolphins fan should worry.

FinsFan24

All-Timer
Reaction score
This season is still a win-win season.

What if Henne really is the real deal and starts slinging the ball around like that old fart who wont retire used to? Did you see some of his throws yesterday? The kid has a cannon. Honestly Ginn should have caught those passes but going from catching a Pennington pass to a Henne pass is like catching a change-up to catching a 100 mph heater. There is huge difference. I dont see Henne improving all that much immediately. But give him time to get in tune with his receivers and you will start to see an emergence of a great QB. The need to stuff it down Buffalo's throat next week and start off running it 75 percent of the plays, then when the 2nd half comes, start throwing in a bunch of play action passes. I guarantee Ted Ginn will be open on a few deep routes if they follow that plan. He torched the Bills for 175 yards before, given McGee was injured, he has their number. Just wait, this team is down but may not be out just yet.

But what if they are out? What if Henne struggles all year? Who could blame him, the guy is getting thrown into a gauntlet of a schedule with very little in game experience. Even though I know for a fact Pennington trained him well, the worst he could become is still better then the any QB's we had in the Pre-Pennington/Post-Marino era. Our old signal callers are now a who's who of NFL FA QB's. This just is not the best year for us considering we are still in the re-building process and have a Super Bowl caliber teams schedule.

So lets say we go 6-10 or at worst 3-13. So what? Ya it will be painful to watch this season. But we are a pretty talented team still. And with that record, that means we will be the most talented team picking in the top half of the draft. That will make us deadly next season with the way this Front Office has been plucking them from the college ranks the past few years. I'll take that situation over having a good or decent record and not making it to the big game at home this year.

This is why optimism guides me. There is hope no matter what.

we deff. need to know if hes the real deal or not i think they need to open up with him a little bit and let him air it out

Back
Top Bottom