This Loss Signals A New Era | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Loss Signals A New Era

aquaman

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Guys , it is time to say good bye to some of our players and our coaches. In the next few months the dolphins will begin their search for a new identity and back bone. Last night this team proved once more it can not handle the heat that goes with be the alpha dog. In a game where we needed everyone to give 100% we got less than 50% from our defense.

Dave is gone,we all know.. its just a matter of getting through this season... during his tenure we endured frustration and second guessed almost everything he. It is sad that it will end this way for him.. he is a nice guy and really not a bad manager of the game, but it was his lack of making good personel choices that did him in.

I hope next season brings us a new coach who can instill a fire in the hearts of our players and get the most out of them because they believe in him. I am very sad by the way things turned out, been a season ticket holder for 10 years and have had to endure some heartbreak through those years. Next year unless changes are made, I cannot see myself investing in a team that does not invest in its fans.

heres to next season...lets hope we show up.

How can you not say they do not invest in the fans?? They have a winning record EVERY YEAR!! What about Bengals fan? They are ELATED just to be in the HUNT!

You go and invest money, time, heart and you get nothing but let downs. If i did not love the fins so much I would divorce them.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Going to the games isn't fun anymore. I need a break next year and have already decided not to renew. Not because I'm not a fan of the Dolphins, but because I don't enjoy getting let down year after year. I feel like an abused child who has finally had enough!! :)

Originally posted by SkapePhin
How can you not say they do not invest in the fans?? They have a winning record EVERY YEAR!! What about Bengals fan? They are ELATED just to be in the HUNT!

Forever Mediocre!

9-7 every year!

Low 1st rounder if any at all.

Sign Big name, over the hill players, Junior, Carter, Thurman,

Sign just enough free agents to hold on.

Sorry, but this fan thinks that teams need to go down before they can go up! See, Browns/Ravens, Patriots, San Fran, Dallas and many others

I agree billsfan. sometimes you need to eat ramen noodles before you can have lobster. We need to have a hard season... taking some hits and ramp up some young talent. I see it coming anyway.. our d is getting old and has some over priced players some of who will be cut this off season and our o... well they cant get any lower, we can only go up there.

Yeah, even if it sounds like it, what I wrote is not smack. I've watched about 8 Phins games from start to finish this year and I'm about to be at number 9. I've watched you guys play.

I think it's time to start building around all that young talent. The future should be built around, Chambers (Sweet player), McMichael who is awesome, O-Gun (I’d love for the Bills to take him away from you guys), Ricky Williams.

It seems to me that too much money is being used to hold on to the past, Jason Taylor is a very good player but maybe not worth the money being paid, Zach Thomas is overpaid, Guys like Brock Marion and Junior are just not worth it. JS has helped SD melt down for years, I’d just much rather have a young high draft pick at that position.

Time to go with youth.

Frankly, I welcome a new era. Much as I love Zach, JT and Surtain, this defense has CONSTANTLY let us down in one big game after another. They have the ABILITY to play at a Pro Bowl level, but they fold under pressure. In must-win games against good teams, they simply can't cut it. We are definitely looking at a couple rebuilding years, so I hope you guys are ready for 4-12 or 6-10 next season.

Back
Top Bottom