This Mock Love You Long Time! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Mock Love You Long Time!

Happy endings :)

Pitts is a slam dunk love it. I'm not high on Etienne and think 18 is way too high for him, but you redeem yourself with two great value picks in Collins and Ossai. I'm not convinced yet about Brown at 81. I can understand the Schwartz pick at 156 because of that damn speed but huge questions on whether he can actually play the game of football ! Hubert is a excellent flyer pick in the 7th round.

Incidentally not sure why TDN only have us with one 7th rounder while PFF and PFN both have us with two ??

Happy endings :)

Pitts is a slam dunk love it. I'm not high on Etienne and think 18 is way too high for him, but you redeem yourself with two great value picks in Collins and Ossai. I'm not convinced yet about Brown at 81. I can understand the Schwartz pick at 156 because of that damn speed but huge questions on whether he can actually play the game of football ! Hubert is a excellent flyer pick in the 7th round.

Incidentally not sure why TDN only have us with one 7th rounder while PFF and PFN both have us with two ??
I think we only have the solo 7th.

I know Travis is a tad rich but I love the kid and think he's an NFL impact player right away.

That's my goal with the top 4 picks = immediate impact.

Bottom 3 are essentially developmental with upside.

Brown is my most ??? pick IMO -- but I do like OT at that spot -- could be another...

Here you go, Nasty... probably my favourite mock that I've done this year.

Penei Sewell
    OT Oregon

Micah Parsons
    LB Penn State

Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE Miami (FL)

Kadarius Toney
    WR Florida

Landon Dickerson
    OC Alabama

Kylin Hill
    RB Mississippi State

Tre Norwood
    S Oklahoma

Paris Ford
    S Pittsburgh

I like Najee significantly better than Travis if we're going to use an early pick on RB (and I don't think we will).

I'd be really surprised if Zaven makes it to 36.

And I think we need interior OL more than tackle. Hunt played fine @ Tackle. Kindley is better @ LG than RG and Flowers is way overpaid. Eventually Kindley will take his spot. So we need a future RG and a long-term answer @ C.

Penei Sewell
    OT Oregon

Micah Parsons
    LB Penn State

Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE Miami (FL)

Kadarius Toney
    WR Florida

Landon Dickerson
    OC Alabama

Kylin Hill
    RB Mississippi State

Tre Norwood
    S Oklahoma

Paris Ford
    S Pittsburgh
Man even though it’s the last pick, I just can’t get behind a safety who Charles Harris is a better athlete than

Penei Sewell
    OT Oregon

Micah Parsons
    LB Penn State

Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE Miami (FL)

Kadarius Toney
    WR Florida

Landon Dickerson
    OC Alabama

Kylin Hill
    RB Mississippi State

Tre Norwood
    S Oklahoma

Paris Ford
    S Pittsburgh
Seriously just can't get into the penne pasta Sewell pick on any level.

Rousseau at 36 should be "value" but I'd find someone else...

Again -- you're trading down = not fair -- too easy to swindle that program!

Swindling is never a problem... look what we got from the Niners, or Philly got from us.

If I could take that mock draft as given and not even show up to the real draft, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I have our needs listed, in order, as Edge DE, Edge OLB, ORT, WR slot, C, RB, S

...and I hit all of those oddly enough.

This mock would turn us into more of a power running team with a dynamic slot receiver to go with our big receivers.

Penei Sewell
    OT Oregon

Micah Parsons
    LB Penn State

Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE Miami (FL)

Kadarius Toney
    WR Florida

Landon Dickerson
    OC Alabama

Kylin Hill
    RB Mississippi State

Tre Norwood
    S Oklahoma

Paris Ford
    S Pittsburgh
I like almost everything you post.
I do not like Greg Rousseau at 36. Maybe in the 3rd. Maybe. I'd rather have the EDGE from Wake over Rousseau.
I don't like Dickerson really at 50 with all the injuries, but I do get it.
Love Kylin Hill and K Toney. Parsons if he's there.
I can't imagine we traded back up to 6 for a tackle, though.

I like almost everything you post.
I do not like Greg Rousseau at 36. Maybe in the 3rd. Maybe. I'd rather have the EDGE from Wake over Rousseau.
I don't like Dickerson really at 50 with all the injuries, but I do get it.
Love Kylin Hill and K Toney. Parsons if he's there.
I can't imagine we traded back up to 6 for a tackle, though.
I'm the board's biggest Rousseau fan... I've admitted this previously. Potentially, I think he's the best pass rusher in this draft. Yes, I know that his pro day wasn't the greatest, but as I've said many times... the workout days don't impress me much, some guys are just better with the pads on... and Rousseau was stellar at 19 years old. Cam Wake went through Canada because of perceived holes in his game.

I like him. I'm impressed by guys who dominate early in their college careers, and he did. I guess we'll see what happens.

Basham is a nice player. After I took Parsons, I thought I'd have to settle for a Basham, but Greg dropped, so I took him.

Dickerson... was my least favourite pick of that mock. I generally slide away from injury risk players (Pouncey was never right either), but I missed on Humphrey, so I took a chance. The first part of the mock had been a dream from my POV, so I was in the mood to take another boom shot.

Hill and Toney are the personification of what I think would help Tua the most. A big back and a quick slot. I just don't think that you overpay for these types of players... and the price tag on Smith/Waddle and Harris/Williams is stiff.

Finally... I doubt if we traded up to 6 for a specific player, I suspect that we were selling some of the value from that #3 and getting picks in future drafts was actually the goal. I've said before that I would have remained at 12, but this way, we only sold half of the value, and I'm okay with that.
That brings me to Penei Sewell... he's the best Offensive Line prospect in a decade; Quenton Nelson might be close, but as a Guard... there is less value. Those pumping Slater are doing what so many touts do... they are pushing controversy for clicks, and they are valuing age and polish over raw skills and youth.
All of that said, I think it's unlikely that we'll take Sewell... I'd do it, and I'd do it in a heartbeat. He was my guy @3, so he's damned sure my guy @6, but I think that the team will go receiver. If we draft Sewell, NO ONE will cheer louder.

I'm the board's biggest Rousseau fan... I've admitted this previously. Potentially, I think he's the best pass rusher in this draft. Yes, I know that his pro day wasn't the greatest, but as I've said many times... the workout days don't impress me much, some guys are just better with the pads on... and Rousseau was stellar at 19 years old. Cam Wake went through Canada because of perceived holes in his game.

I like him. I'm impressed by guys who dominate early in their college careers, and he did. I guess we'll see what happens.

Basham is a nice player. After I took Parsons, I thought I'd have to settle for a Basham, but Greg dropped, so I took him.

Dickerson... was my least favourite pick of that mock. I generally slide away from injury risk players (Pouncey was never right either), but I missed on Humphrey, so I took a chance. The first part of the mock had been a dream from my POV, so I was in the mood to take another boom shot.

Hill and Toney are the personification of what I think would help Tua the most. A big back and a quick slot. I just don't think that you overpay for these types of players... and the price tag on Smith/Waddle and Harris/Williams is stiff.

Finally... I doubt if we traded up to 6 for a specific player, I suspect that we were selling some of the value from that #3 and getting picks in future drafts was actually the goal. I've said before that I would have remained at 12, but this way, we only sold half of the value, and I'm okay with that.
That brings me to Penei Sewell... he's the best Offensive Line prospect in a decade; Quenton Nelson might be close, but as a Guard... there is less value. Those pumping Slater are doing what so many touts do... they are pushing controversy for clicks, and they are valuing age and polish over raw skills and youth.
All of that said, I think it's unlikely that we'll take Sewell... I'd do it, and I'd do it in a heartbeat. He was my guy @3, so he's damned sure my guy @6, but I think that the team will go receiver. If we draft Sewell, NO ONE will cheer louder.
Well said and explained. I appreciate the time you took to respond.
You make good points as always. Interesting theory on the trade back up to 6 not for a player, or a cluster of players.
I agree highly with your point on Toney and Hill. Though the thought of adding Pitts is tough, emotionally and in the viscerally, to pass on.
I hope you and your many kids have a stellar weekend.

Well said and explained. I appreciate the time you took to respond.
You make good points as always. Interesting theory on the trade back up to 6 not for a player, or a cluster of players.
I agree highly with your point on Toney and Hill. Though the thought of adding Pitts is tough, emotionally and in the viscerally, to pass on.
I hope you and your many kids have a stellar weekend.
Oh now you've wrecked it... you reminded me of those irritating kids.

Back
Top Bottom