This morning’s CONSENSUS MOCK | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This morning’s CONSENSUS MOCK

I agree we're Tua all the way. The only thing that slightly gives me pause was a comment that the Owner, Ross made. He said something along that lines that Tua was an excellent player BUT "He worries about his health!"

It's subtle. But if the owners thinking that then you better believe Grier and Flo are thinking about it as well. I think his medical is going to have a bigger impact on if the Dolphins draft him or not more than some realize.
Of course there is concern about his health. My concern is that it’s a little too obvious that we covet him. Other teams know this so they might trade up if they want Tua. It also takes away our leverage because you better believe Detroit will try to get extra picks from us. It will be interesting to see if we call their bluff.

If okudahs overall game and pattern read based on splits and down and distance etc catches up with his feet and footwork he’s got a chance to be true lock down.

Of course there is concern about his health. My concern is that it’s a little too obvious that we covet him. Other teams know this so they might trade up if they want Tua. It also takes away our leverage because you better believe Detroit will try to get extra picks from us. It will be interesting to see if we call their bluff.

Soooooo who do you think we could have fooled on the entire planet that Tua would be #1 on our draft board?

anthony was utterly lost on college tape. I remember when that day 2 off ball lb run came and somehow he started it and I was like Miami don’t be asleep at the wheel cause I wanted Eric Kendrick’s. Of course we were.

I like Murray more than anthony who outside of frame I thought had zero feel for the position I think he’s got a lot more range etc but I also think Murray’s conference does him no favors in preparing for the pro game. So he’s got more learning curve than top 25 to 40 say picks at off ball lb.

There’s no way 6 foot 2 and 235 built like a brick **** house with fluidity and range and explosion like that is gonna last too long. I’d bet he clocks 4.5s

someone buys in

I can see the 4.5's and I can see him creep to the 240 range at the combine...and yes, watching any team pay defense in the big 12 is hard. There are times I like to project players with different teams and see how that effects the draft stock. Murray at Ohio State or an SEC school may have made him an easy top 25, just because of the opportunities. Oklahoma seemed to love to blitz him...almost as if they could not believe they had this athlete on the team and were not sure how to use him best so they sent him. He finished that career with almost 10 sacks and a ton of TFLs.

I can see the 4.5's and I can see him creep to the 240 range at the combine...and yes, watching any team pay defense in the big 12 is hard. There are times I like to project players with different teams and see how that effects the draft stock. Murray at Ohio State or an SEC school may have made him an easy top 25, just because of the opportunities. Oklahoma seemed to love to blitz him...almost as if they could not believe they had this athlete on the team and were not sure how to use him best so they sent him. He finished that career with almost 10 sacks and a ton of TFLs.

I agree Ohio state would have bumped him more than likely. Or it would have hid his weaknesses.

of course ideally he’d have suited up in a sec defense

Don't laugh, but I have Okudah ahead of Young.

im with you. It’s an upside play and I continue to think young is gonna run by the qb in the pros a lot. Unable to flatten once he gains the shoulder

pro QBs will climb the pocket.

In the modern NFL and the emergence of the TE it’s critical to have a big time Safety
I agree, or at least someone who can matchup with tight ends.

Is it a surprise that the teams with the two best tight ends are in the super bowl? Those guys are mismatches league wide.

I agree, or at least someone who can matchup with tight ends.

Is it a surprise that the teams with the two best tight ends are in the super bowl? Those guys are mismatches league wide.

that’s what Eric rowe got extended for

So many people are gonna be shocked when Tua is there and we go Herbert...

I'm good with Burrow, Tua, or Herbert at 5 and would be very excited. If all 3 are gone Eason, Love, or Fromm with our first 2nd would have me intruiged.

I think Brown and Okudah are the top players in the entire draft and believe they would be the only pick if not QB at 5. I don't think Thomas will be the first or second oline and Simmons will not go top 10.

I'll fight you for Simmons. Read my previous post. He's my #1 defensive player in this entire draft and it isn't even close. You can take your "Young" and shove it.

These are really weird ways to spell Derrick Brown.

So many people are gonna be shocked when Tua is there and we go Herbert...

I'm good with Burrow, Tua, or Herbert at 5 and would be very excited. If all 3 are gone Eason, Love, or Fromm with our first 2nd would have me intruiged.

I think Brown and Okudah are the top players in the entire draft and believe they would be the only pick if not QB at 5. I don't think Thomas will be the first or second oline and Simmons will not go top 10.

Curious on your thomas take?

He plays 3 positions so I don’t agree he’s not a fit for MIA. Clemson used him as a CB, cover LB and S-great speed and size, great tackler. IMO He would be ideal for Miami’s D. My feeling about 1st round picks is you should select playmakers-players who throw TDs, score TDs, get INTs or Sacks/TFL. That’s it. The only exception to that rule would be a tackle

As I said, Simmons is an excellent player, but I don’t think you draft a guy at 5 without a plan to give him a set role. I see him as a 4-3 weak side LB or a box safety/slot corner. I don’t see him as an edge rusher which is our biggest need. With Baker and McMillan on the team I don’t think ILB is a huge position of need for us. That leaves him as a box safety/slot corner which is certainly a need for our team. I think Simmons will go to a team early who plans to use him as a LB...there just isn’t a ton of value for hybrid safeties at 5.

Back
Top Bottom