This newish NFL MOCK Draft has us taking Ja'marr Chase @3 and DeVonta Smith @18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This newish NFL MOCK Draft has us taking Ja'marr Chase @3 and DeVonta Smith @18

Good idea?

Hell yeah i'd do that. If you have both guys in your top 10 and one falls to 18, why would you not consider it?

Parker has had 1 season of 800+ yards. That's not WR1 stats.
Will Fuller has missed 26 games in 5 years (twice as many as Parker) How dependable will he be? If he plays lights out in 2021, he's probably gone bc his contract demands will be high.

So why not? Smith and Chase both played snaps in the slot in college. Will Fuller has played 24% of his snaps from the slot. Parker has played the slot with Miami. Chase/Smith give you roster flexibility moving forward at the position and depth at a position with 2 guys with a history of missing snaps or underperforming.

Now do i value drafting WRs over other positions? No. I'm always looking Edge/OT/CB. But I also look for other elite players or elite traits. Chase and Smith have those.

Some mocks have him dropping that low..doubt it but IDK..I don't think we take 2 WR's at 3 and 18..maybe Pitts and Waddle if it comes down to it..IDK man..iffy if that happens even given the chance!
So you know I love pitts but I’m telling you right now Miami is not going pitts @ 3. So let’s forget about this dream we have 😂. My guess is chase or parsons.

So you know I love pitts but I’m telling you right now Miami is not going pitts @ 3. So let’s forget about this dream we have 😂. My guess is chase or parsons.

As in Micah Parsons? No way in hell he is even a top 12 guy now. Maybe at 18

I think Phins should target wideouts in second and third round. I think we need to get Taven Jenkins at3, or better yet trade down in top 8 and pick up a second or third rou dpick, and get Jenkins. We just need a guy who can play RT and get it done. Hopefully next year we get Cordell Volson NDSU and round out the offensive tackles.

At 18, Id go Javonte, we cannot lose out on that. Then in second and third round they can get Tylan Wallce who is basically just as good as Chase. He is number #1 wideout material. Then Surrat, Dyami Brown or Toney shold be there at the 50+ pick. If we get Wallace at that point we are actually set because Fuller is a good #3. Parker is #2.

Im thinking, receivers in second round.

Last year they needed to fix the OL. They signed two FA's and drafted three.

So it could happen. I doubt it will, but if the draft fell that way I wouldn't be shocked nor complain.

Chase, Smith, Fuller, DVP, Williams, Hurns, and Wilson. Not a bad group.

With the new rules you could put Hurns on the PS. Too much dead cap to just cut him. Or maybe put Williams on IR.

Add one/two out of Harris, Williams, ETN in the second. Hope for Dickerson in the third, or a RT even.

I could live with what we have on defense if we added the talent to average 27+ PPG.

Back
Top Bottom