This Rams D worrying anyone else? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Rams D worrying anyone else?

One of the problems I saw with the Bears is that they were trying to push the ball downfield due to being behind and that let the protection breakdown. Plus, I think their oline and coaching isn’t as good. Foles also missed passes that Tua can make in his sleep. Definitely a tough task for Tua’s first start in the NFL.

I’m more worried about the offense. The defense better be ready for these jet sweep WR runs. We’ve had a ton of pre snap communication issues where guys are talking trying to figure stuff out. If our LBs or Edge Guys aren’t ready and alert those plays could kill us
It will be a good challenge. The last three weeks we have excelled at setting the edge. I actually think we matchup with the Rams better than the Bears did. Load the box maybe even 6-1 and force them to beat the secondary. Put the pressure on Goff and he will crack.

One of the problems I saw with the Bears is that they were trying to push the ball downfield due to being behind and that let the protection breakdown. Plus, I think their oline and coaching isn’t as good. Foles also missed passes that Tua can make in his sleep. Definitely a tough task for Tua’s first start in the NFL.

There was about 40 secs left in the half and they stopped the Rams on D for 4th and something.
The Bears actually had 1 timeout left and the coach let the clock run out.

I was like WTF? You have 1 timeout left and stop the Rams for 4th down and you don't call a timeout?

You could get a block, a return, good field position...

That coach should have been fired immediately.

You don't watch the clock run out there and not take the TO and force the Rams to punt to you.

The Donald thing is silly to me. What are we suppose to do? Bench Tua everytime we play a D with an elite guy on the DL? Mind as well get him out there and see if hes got it, how he handles everything. Cant protect him in bubble wrap for years.
Exactly! You can't keep Tua in bubble wrap forever. He will have to play some tough defenders along the way.

I feel like many people don’t really understand hip injuries. What can make them serious is that there is poor blood flow in the bone tissue which can lead to necrosis if left untreated. When you think athletes who suffered from hip injuries you are talking about guys who went hours to days without the injury being correctly diagnosed and treated. The staff at Alabama had his hip back in socket and the bone set in like 5 minutes (there was an entire article about it). It has been almost a year; his hip is as strong or stronger than it was before the injury. The reality is that he might get hurt. It is part of the game. The chance it is the same injury to his hip, however, is extremely low. That is just not how correctly healed bone injuries tend to work.
I mean I'm having surgery on my hip in 3 days so I understand hip injuries better than most but thanks for the input.

I mean I'm having surgery on my hip in 3 days so I understand hip injuries better than most but thanks for the input.
Injuries or your specific issue? I mean I had a false diagnosis of avascular necrosis myself, I dont dismiss people because they have an opinion on it and claim I know more. Because honestly I'm not a medical professional, and only have knowledge on my issue/procedure.

We might have to dink and dunk like Jimmy G did a couple weeks ago to neutralize Donald and co.
Ding ding ding. This also fits nicely into a game plan for Tua. Lot's of quick hitting short passes. The real question is whether we can run the ball like the Niners did. That's that part I can't see happening. But, another thing to watch for is that Ramsey fell for the double move fake twice on MNF. Do that against Tua and he's gonna hit his man in stride for 6.

It is scary, and should be. I don't agree with Tua facing this pass rush/secondary in his first start. Coaching staff doing him no favors.
And when do you suggest he starts then? When he plays the sisters of the weak? This is a big boy league. Time for Tua to put on his big boy pants and let a rip.

Bears offense is atrocious and Foles is only a small upgrade over the complete waste of sperm that is Mitch Trubiski. Aside from that, their 4 other wins all come against the lowly NFC East. They got lit up by Buffalo before waking up in the second half, and the same Niners that we destroyed took it to them.

Rams are a tough team to breakdown so far with the schedule they've had.

One great thing about facing the Rams.
If this team on all sides of the ball can perform well then there's no team in the NFL that they can't do well against.
The Rams are absolutely clicking right now.

Bears O is not great but it's not This bad?
Bears O is pretty bad, up here in WI we get all the Bears & Packers games.... it's definitely not a ball movement offense. The defense has carried that team to 5-2.

One great thing about facing the Rams.
If this team on all sides of the ball can perform well then there's no team in the NFL that they can't do well against.
The Rams are absolutely clicking right now.
What do you mean the Rams are absolutely clicking right now? They just lost to the Niners the week before and struggled against the Giants at home two weeks before that. I wouldn't call that clicking.

Back
Top Bottom