This report on JP Losman Tulane's QB is scorching | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This report on JP Losman Tulane's QB is scorching

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Strengths
This kid is one hell of an athlete. He is 6' 3' 210 lbs and runs in the 4.50-4.60 range. He also has a pretty good arm to go along with this talent. If he wanted to, he could play a number of different positions on the pro level. He has so much ability it is a little scary. He is a pretty intelligent kid. His major is in Classical Studies. Hmmm, very interesting.

Needs to Improve
He does everything right now on athletic talent alone. That won't do it at the next level. He consistently holds on to the ball too long in the passing game. He is inconsistent and sloppy in his mechanics. I do not sense that he is a leader that wants the people around him to be more successful then he is. He does not understand the meaning of team play.

Bottom Line
This kid has ‘coach killer’ written all over him. You would think with all this talent and brains that this kid would be the next coming of Joe Montana with the brains of Albert Einstein. You would think that he would be rated number one in this draft. You would think that with all the promotion being done by the announcers every time he is on TV that he would be a franchise QB. He isn’t. Why, you ask? He has so much talent it has eroded his ability to learn and grow in the most important aspect he will need in the pros -- his mind. His EGO has made him a mental midget. Now I know that someone is going to come to his defense and say how wonderful he is and what a great leader he is and look at his stats and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. They will attack me and ask,â€ÂHow can you say this? You don't know him.†I see what I see. My opinion is based strictly on his play on the field. His actions on the field speak louder than any information that I have on this kid. The first time I saw this kid play, it was obvious to me that he plays the game with his ego. That would be great if he bothered to include his heart. All the great QB’s have a big ego, but they also play the game with heart. They want to win. I do not think that JP gives a damn about winning, just his stats. How long will it take him to change and will he ever change? I don't think he will. He likes the competition and the recognition, but doesn't have respect for the game.

Read the rest at:

http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/JPLosman.htm

Dang. That's pretty much what some of his detractors here have said. But not quite as indepth or "scorching".

I've seen this type before. Most recently on Budweiser commercials. "Leon can't do EVERYTHING....." :tongue:

Originally posted by Section126
Ryan Leaf?

exactly what I see.

There's one guy that sounds like Losman every year in the draft. Gifted athlete, with a cannon of an arm. Now this year we have a choice, Rivers or Losman. I'd take rivers ANY day of the week. He's more mature, while he's not as good of an athlete, he makes great reads, and most importantly is always eager to learn. At NC state he not only got better every year of his career there, he also did it throughout a coaching change. He has talent and the intangibles. Losman has Talent.

Originally posted by Section126
Ryan Leaf?

yes yes yes, that is what i read on this guy so far. i think i read in blue draft blitz that he is arrogant even off the field. i say, stay away from this guy. The two guys im thinking ( and i think dan is thinking as well is Rivers and Schaub. I could see this happening....... Rivers gets stolen from us from say, Buffalo, cus his stock rose and yadda yadda yadda, and we sell our #20 to move down a few spots and get a second rounder, and get matt Schaub.

Im tellin yall, this kid can play. watched him tear up VT defense like nobodys business.

You can't trust the author.

He's got a page devoted to a Buffalo Bill.

LINK

Sounds like he would fit right in with our team culture. Just what we need is another "me" guy. Wasn't someone on the team pi$$ed last year b/c pat's wife was pushing for him to make the probowl. I dont think that kind of thing happens in NE. I gues thats why they are playing and we are home feeding the ego's further:cry:
I say trade the farm for a team guy like Eli. He went to the scholl he did b/c he wanted to bring THEM back into the prominant football world. It may have hurt his draftability if he had no talent around him. Obviously he didn't care and it worked out b/c of his heart and ability. GO GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!;)

If anyone would take Rivers over Losman they haven't seen him play. In the NFL you need players with talent & the ones that have the least amount of flaws. Rivers has the most flaws of any of the top 7 QBs in the draft. The misconception of his accuracy being so great is only limited 10 yards.

What flaws do you see in Rivers. And don't saw his delivery cause if Norm Chow and Mike Holmgren say don't change it, then I would have to go with their opinion.

Originally posted by finfanatic
What flaws do you see in Rivers. And don't saw his delivery cause if Norm Chow and Mike Holmgren say don't change it, then I would have to go with their opinion.

and don't say arm strenght either. Dan himself was impressed by Rivers strength...now, I'm still waiting why Losman is better than Rivers........

They say don't change it because he's been playing like that his entire life & he would need about a year or 2 to correct the problem, but it is a problem because of batted balls. His accuracy isn't that great from intermediate to long range. His foot work is bad. Contrary to what I've read about his arm strength at the first Senior Bowl practice it isn't very strong.

Just because someone says "don't change it" doesn't mean is was any good in the first place.

Let Holmgren draft the mutha........Right after us.

I was expecting this all-world QB(LMFAO) Philip Rivers to come out & light the world on fire but there were two QBs that played better than him yesterday & they weren't named Eli & Ben. It was Navarre & Schaub. Rivers is already slipping.

Back
Top Bottom