This season is a bust | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This season is a bust

I have been a fan since the early 70's and I keep hoping that we will eventually get this right but at this rate it won't be in my lifetime.
1. We have a roster that would make the XFL blush, we have cut, traded or put on IR anyone that could possibly help us win, yet here we are with 3 wins and potentially 3 more. Get it through your heads these wins are meaningless! At some point you have to have playmakers. Picking in the middle of the draft will not get you that.
2. Pitt, Houston and NO keep winning. Pitt is particularly bothersome as they were 0-3 when we did the deal. They are now looking at a WC. Again we will be picking late in the 1st. Grier has picked guys like Harris, Misi, Odrick, etc... Not his sweet spot.
3. We knew that signing Fitzpatrick would get us a few cheap wins. But we have made no attempt to trot out Rosen. I get that nobody wants to mess with a good thing but why even trade for the guy? Yes in my mind we could have lost games but gotten Rosen experience. A win win especially when we were thought to be rebuilding anyways. I knew signing this idiot would only hurt us long term.
4. There were two QB's in this draft that look like they can play at this level without a lot of development. We had a chance to have our pick. But as our luck would have it Tua may never be right and Burrow will be gone.

So in a nutshell we suck even more than usual.
We will win more games to keep us from not only a Burrow or Young but a scenario where we have to use draft capital just to sniff a gimpy Tua or a shaky Herbert.
The other teams will keep winning, be playoff contenders and render these picks as meh.
Last but not least everyone likes to talk about McKenzies skill in the FO but as of now there are only 6 players left on the Raiders that he brought in so don't know how excited I am about him.
I have been a fan since the early 70's and I keep hoping that we will eventually get this right but at this rate it won't be in my lifetime.
1. We have a roster that would make the XFL blush, we have cut, traded or put on IR anyone that could possibly help us win, yet here we are with 3 wins and potentially 3 more. Get it through your heads these wins are meaningless! At some point you have to have playmakers. Picking in the middle of the draft will not get you that.
2. Pitt, Houston and NO keep winning. Pitt is particularly bothersome as they were 0-3 when we did the deal. They are now looking at a WC. Again we will be picking late in the 1st. Grier has picked guys like Harris, Misi, Odrick, etc... Not his sweet spot.
3. We knew that signing Fitzpatrick would get us a few cheap wins. But we have made no attempt to trot out Rosen. I get that nobody wants to mess with a good thing but why even trade for the guy? Yes in my mind we could have lost games but gotten Rosen experience. A win win especially when we were thought to be rebuilding anyways. I knew signing this idiot would only hurt us long term.
4. There were two QB's in this draft that look like they can play at this level without a lot of development. We had a chance to have our pick. But as our luck would have it Tua may never be right and Burrow will be gone.

So in a nutshell we suck even more than usual.
We will win more games to keep us from not only a Burrow or Young but a scenario where we have to use draft capital just to sniff a gimpy Tua or a shaky Herbert.
The other teams will keep winning, be playoff contenders and render these picks as meh.
Last but not least everyone likes to talk about McKenzies skill in the FO but as of now there are only 6 players left on the Raiders that he brought in so don't know how excited I am about him.
Cleveland has had top draft picks and loads of free agency money for years and they are still a mediocre team. The Ravens haven’t had a lot of high draft picks but they have been able to rebuild their roster because they had a great GM and scouting department to find talent even if they weren’t picking in the top 5 of the draft.

The fact is it comes down to having a personnel department that gets it right when draft day comes and when free agents are signed. The problem is that most of the members on this forum seem to think that the Dolphins have to draft a QB with their first draft pick. Yet when you look at the best teams in the NFL today, none of these teams have a QB who was drafted in the top 5 picks. In fact most of the top QB’s in the league today were drafted after the 10th pick in the first round and the best QB drafted in the 2018 draft was selected with the 32nd pick in the draft.

Brees, Rogers, Brady, Wilson are just a few of the future HOF QB’s which were not high first round draft picks. In fact of this group only Rogers was drafted in the first round. As long as the Dolphins draft players in the first round this year who can come in and play at a high level, that is all that matters. If they don’t draft solid NFL caliber players, they will be no better in the coming years. Give me a solid defense and an above average OL and I’ll worry about finding a solid starting QB once we have those things in place.

This will be my one and only contributing to this useless thread. If you can't find a positive from finding a coach that can produce a competitive product from the roster he's been dealt..... then there is zero hope for you. I couldn't be more excited for next season. Flo is legit and that is the piece we've been missing more than anything.

Sorry maybe I should have put this in another thread and yes I will take a hit of some good ****. Guys I am just frustrated, man it has been a long road with no light at the end. I loved this whole strategy it just seems like this isn't going like I envisioned. In my perfect world:
We trot out Rosen to lose but yet develop. Does his lack of development hurt others? Possibly Geisicki and Williams but at least we have a season to see where he stands.
Rosen obviously while developing will lose more than Fitztragic.
Pitt keeps losing and that is a top 10 pick and we are the winners of 2 games and picking #1, in control of the draft.
We draft a healthy Tua
The rest of the draft goes smoothly and we are on the road to relevancy again.

Positives? We have found a coaching staff, some young guys are coming on. There is that and that is great. For anyone that is younger than 54 and has not experienced as many **** Dolphins years as me? Your opinion is irrelevant to me as mine is to you. Now I will partake in a smoke break.

Sorry maybe I should have put this in another thread and yes I will take a hit of some good ****. Guys I am just frustrated, man it has been a long road with no light at the end. I loved this whole strategy it just seems like this isn't going like I envisioned. In my perfect world:
We trot out Rosen to lose but yet develop. Does his lack of development hurt others? Possibly Geisicki and Williams but at least we have a season to see where he stands.
Rosen obviously while developing will lose more than Fitztragic.
Pitt keeps losing and that is a top 10 pick and we are the winners of 2 games and picking #1, in control of the draft.
We draft a healthy Tua
The rest of the draft goes smoothly and we are on the road to relevancy again.

Positives? We have found a coaching staff, some young guys are coming on. There is that and that is great. For anyone that is younger than 54 and has not experienced as many **** Dolphins years as me? Your opinion is irrelevant to me as mine is to you. Now I will partake in a smoke break.

Well....when you put it that way, ok then.

This will be my one and only contributing to this useless thread. If you can't find a positive from finding a coach that can produce a competitive product from the roster he's been dealt..... then there is zero hope for you. I couldn't be more excited for next season. Flo is legit and that is the piece we've been missing more than anything.

Fair enough. This is the best staff we have had since Jimmy Johnson, easily. I am very excited about this.

This season is a bust, can't even tank right. Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the fins win today, but with another win or two we are right back into the Tannehill era record, right back in the middle of the pack like the last 20 years. Same song, different year. Maybe they never meant to tank, maybe that's what they said cause they knew they would suck, but are actually a little better than they thought they would be... Probably never buy season tickets again, sounded like a Philly home game.

This season is a bust, can't even tank right. Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the fins win today, but with another win or two we are right back into the Tannehill era record, right back in the middle of the pack like the last 20 years. Same song, different year. Maybe they never meant to tank, maybe that's what they said cause they knew they would suck, but are actually a little better than they thought they would be... Probably never buy season tickets again, sounded like a Philly home game.

move on already, this drivel is old

This is it here. Coaching 100% is the key here.

Still in position to draft Tua. We're fine.
This. Tua isn’t going to be the first pick now. And now that Flores has shown he can coach some chumps to wins, we are probably in a spot to get him... if we want to take that risk

Still in position to draft Tua. We're fine.

I'm not so sure. If he shows that he can throw by the combine or his pro day, because he's not throwing at the combine in any situation, teams will soon forget or push to the back of their minds the injury. Looking at our compeition., I honestly think this could be the order by the time it's all said and done:

1. Giants (they are nosediving) - I doubt very much they will take a QB unless their GM is fired. Jones will get another year to show what he has. They put this pick up for sale, we might be buyers. The pick will be Burrow if sold or Young if they keep it.
2. Bengals (think they win one or two more, hopefully against us) - They'll take Burrow if he's not gone, if he is then the danger is they go Tua. They could sell too if they don't want to take the risk on Tua, if Burrow's there though they won't sell.
3. Skins - They will want to sell, they need a lot of help, if they stay put they'll take Thomas, if he's there.
4. Falcons (after a little flurry, back to their old selves this season, they've checked out) - They will want another QB, Ryan is done. They are a team that is always aggressive in moving up, they could go higher to get their QB.
5. Lions (I doubt they win another game, 3rd string QB, they are nose diving) - They need a new QB, Stafford is just not durable or the answer there.
6. Cards (they were horrible today, Kyler was horrible, don't see where they win again) - No QB obviously, not going to be 3 years in a row. But will sell if they can get a buyer, they need a lot of help.
7. Broncos (they were lucky to win today, won't win many if any more) - Lock showed enough today for them to want to see what the kid has, don't think they take a QB this year, they may be targeting a certaion Clemson QB next year, if ever their were an Elway kind of QB type it's that kid.
8. Chargers (this team is finding ways to lose games, that PI on the Lock throw and hope at the end was mistifyingly dumb, out of the play offs, checking out) - They need a QB to succeed Rivers.
9. Dolphins (the game with the Jets will perhaps determine this spot, win and we are probably dropping further down).

At 9 we would have to be very, very brave to stay put and hope Tua falls to us, Herbert may be gone by then also, looking at the QB needy teams ahead of us. This would be heaven for those that have berated folks on here for being Tua Cultists. I'm not sure what we are picking at that number if we stay put, the two best QB's will be off the board, the two best Tackles too, along with the best two secondary and possibly the best two wideouts. We are probably looking at the next best edge rusher or one of the two first round centers. Think we'll move up or down, depending on how sold we are on Tua.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom