This season is a bust | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This season is a bust

Redundant much? Why are so many people crying after a great win today? Finheaven gonna Finheaven.

More like Finhell.

People who post stuff like this literally have never touched a football.

Proclaiming a rebuild as a failure after yet another unexpected win (and the most impressive to date) is psychotic.

Heads need to be examined.

Dan Marino was here for 17 years and doesn’t have any jewelry to show for it. Not his fault that he’s the ultimate example of what a team sport is.

I love all the fortune tellers who “have been a fan since”. I see you Boomer.

Even more than a QB, this franchise has lacked coaching the last 20 years.

To complain on a day like today just shows complete ignorance.

Some people only poop at parties.

I prefer to poop at home.

I can’t root for my team to lose. You do you.

Week 1 I was hoping for 0-16 because this organization has lacked the ability to draft well and develop what they draft. As the season has unfolded it has been abundantly clear that drafting 1-2 isn't nearly as important with this staff. What's being overlooked by those still clamoring for losses is Miami finally having a solid coaching staff in place which is every bit as important as the QB.

Coaching matters.

Sure higher draft picks would be nice, but there are many different paths to building a team. It's not like the only way you build a NFL contender is by getting the top draft pick. As for the FItzpatrick and Tunsil trades, Miami wasn't getting first round production from Minkah and getting two first and two seconds for Tunsil was good deal. We won't know if the moves pay off until we see how the 2020 and 2021 drafts turn out. I think there would have been a lot of buzz around the team this off season if each of the picks turned out to be pretty high, but as it stands Miami can still make a lot of noise in the coming months.

You can look at it a few different ways. While Miami is probably out of the range now for Young or Burrow, there is still talent to be had.

Also, Burrow was a bit of a surprise with his emergence. Other quarterbacks could also take their games to the next level in the NFL. We see that happen as well.

On a positive note, I think free agents will look at Miami as a team that could rise quickly with the work the coaching staff has done.

I am only saying this based on experience of having followed the draft for 25 or so years...beware of fast risers.
Burrow could be a savior- or he could be Ryan Leaf. There is no way to know. We can't stick our heads in the sand and cry because we won't get him.
But this first round has serious studs- if you watch college football, there are some serious players there for the taking. Simmons from Clemson, Brown DT Auburn wrecks people, Delpit S LSU...A couple of awesome centers maybe late in the first. I watched the Wisconsin center maul Minnesota on Saturday, he looked like the real deal.
I do appreciate people being torn on this subject of drafting high, but I really think this QB class that looked like a historic one pre-season has really pooped out. We need to draft a QB that fits what we do, but it may not happen right away.
Though I have a feeling that Herbert will be the pick, maybe after a trade down of our top pick. That's just a hunch, not a prediction or a wish.

Back
Top Bottom