This season isn't over. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This season isn't over.

BONG SHULA

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
We all knew it when we saw Tannehill's face on the sidelines.

We won't have to wait for official confirmation, it's safe to say that for the remainder of the season we will have to move forward without Tannehill.

This is a pretty crushing blow for a number of reasons. The first, is that this season seemed to have some real potential. There have been hiccups and bumps in the road, but this season had a different vibe to it than any since 2010. I genuinely felt that if we could hold on and find a way to win today, that we would have a very, very legitimate shot at breaking this playoff drought. On a human level, it's a bit heartbreaking to see a young man finally showing signs of putting it all together and taking a definitive step forward in his profession, go down with a serious injury.

Campbell should absolutely be fined for that hit. He was falling to the ground and extended himself forward precisely to hit Tannehill below the knees. The fact that there was no flag on the play isn't all that surprising when you take into account the piss poor performance by the officiating crew today. Given the severity of the resulting injury, I would expect Campbell to be fined at some point in the coming days.

We're now 8-5 and we round out the season with three straight divisional match-ups. If we can take two of those games, we should slip into the post-season. It won't be easy, but it's feasible.

We know what we have in Matt Moore. We have a serviceable backup and spot starter. He's gutsy (probably overconfident at times) and isn't afraid to toss the ball up for his receiver to make a play. Although it wasn't pretty, it was nice to see him come through in the clutch today and march the offense down the field to set up a game-winning chip shot for Franks. Gase will put him in the best possible situation to succeed and we need him to take care of the football over this next three game stretch.

We've flashed a dominant ground game at times this year and need to get back to feeding Ajayi. I expect him to be geared up next week and ready to rise to the occasion. Limit Moore's throws, but also allow him to take some shots deep as he's showcased an efficient deep ball in the past. This will hopefully stretch the field and keep the defense from loading the box.

Our defense has holes (a lot), but as it showed today (and has consistently throughout the year) it's opportunistic. We'll need consistent pressure from our front four and some takeaways.

I joined this site in 2007 when I was 15. Over the years I've witnessed the borderline schizophrenic mood swings of this forum. I'm sure I've been apart of them in the past. While I can understand the gut reaction of: "our season is done." I don't necessarily think that is the case. Everyone take a deep breath, drink a beer, and hold out some hope.

Hopefully this team can rally behind Moore for the remainder of the season and we'll move forward with Tannehill next year. Moore has been paid handsomely over the years for precisely this moment. He has a good supporting cast around him and will hopefully step up. While Gase has experienced some growing pains this year, I have no doubt he'll be able to maximize Moore's performance in the same way he has Tannehill's this season.

We need to take two of the next three. I want to see a damn playoff game this year. Phins up.

Back
Top Bottom