This season we have gained more from winning than a tank for whoever would have given us? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This season we have gained more from winning than a tank for whoever would have given us?

madmic21

Active Roster
Reaction score
I see developing a defensive mindset along with players who can be solid contributors to the core. 3 to 4 players we never could have imagined. Developing offensive players on the line. Wideouts who have been considered lost causes. A tight end. Above all a coaching staff who is not afraid to play to win on 3rd and fourth down on both sides of the ball. The Qb spot is still a huge concern. However we have acquired a cheap roster full of cap space and picks. This may be far more valuable than any tank considering especially how the college Qb situation has changed since the season started !

I agree with the premise. Owning the 1st overall pick at the end of the season is not the only way to find a QB, but having a well coached team that knows how to play together is a prerequisite for sustained winning. You can't ask the team to wait to start building that up. Plus better its already in place when our QB arrives anyway.

Mike Gesicki and Devante Parker have definitely improved this season. Maybe the pressure of not winning has allowed them to go out there and just play.

The coaching and scheming also seems to be getting better as the season has moved further along.

Cue a certain someone on my Gesicki comment in 3...2...1...

giphy.gif

2B5945A5-CE5B-4A64-8AC7-3E64D2AD0855.jpegB3C0724D-E10A-45FE-A7A7-4E4144224C0E.jpeg

People keep hoping for this tank job and it’s pathetic. We need a HC and a staff just AS much as a QB. These outings are showing us we may just have our guy. In a way I’m glad we found the coach first. Let’s hope Grier is the hero and not the goat

I was typing on my phone. I used to be a person who contributed on this site a lot. Made a mistake in the thread title. Maybe a couple... but the point could have easily been understood in the post. That's why I dont involve myself that much here anymore. Every thread turns into 5 or 6 topics and most spend their time arguing over them without relent or trashing each over and over with vague sarcasm. It was fun watching today's game today. Take care.

I was typing on my phone. I used to be a person who contributed on this site a lot. Made a mistake in the thread title. Maybe a couple... but the point could have easily been understood in the post. That's why I dont involve myself that much here anymore. Every thread turns into 5 or 6 topics and most spend their time arguing over them without relent or trashing each over and over with vague sarcasm. It was fun watching today's game today. Take care.
I was just busting chops. I knew what you meant - and agree w the sentiment.

Coaching is undervalued.

The glitz and glamour of the draft has brainwashed some fans into thinking that it contains some magic beans that will get Miami to the big game. That is a revolving door that only provides short term oohs and ahhhs.

Coaching provides that long term foundation of development, discipline and cohesiveness that steers the team towards long term success.

Back
Top Bottom