This simulator makes it easy to see... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This simulator makes it easy to see...

I'm still not comfortable even thinking about playoffs, I thought all last year that if we get to 10 wins we would surely be in. This year 10 wins is the max we can now get to.
I'm not super optimistic about making the playoffs, but one huge thing Miami has going for it is the AFC is a complete mess this year compared to last year. There are 4-5 teams currently in the playoffs if they started today which could completely implode, along with a lot of head-to-heads (NE/BUFF twice) which will help us either way. The key is for Miami to not implode!

At 7-7 it will be real fun. When we were a mess I didn’t see more than 4 wins. Still don’t know what we did to keep the team from quitting but funny how once Watson talk ended we began playing better and Tua especially. **** Watson and Ross for continued cheating out in the open on his incumbents. He’s the worst football owner.
And with New Orleans and Tennessee down with injuries, who knows how those two games could go....that's a lot of games to win in a row, but weird stuff happens. I'm just afraid we won't have enough offensive fire power in the end. But if that O can avoid mistakes and penalties, then can score some points now. We shall see...
I am not sure that the uptick had so much to do with the trade deadline passing as it did with that mysterious team meeting with coaches. But what can i say? I'm not in on things.

Not trying to be negative, but we aren’t going to the playoffs. Just being real. I’ve seen this story play out time and time again. We’ll do good enough to get our hopes up though.
Too many tiebreakers lost. Best chance is to win out, and have BUF sweep NE.

Toy with the weekly results...

Winning out is practically a shoe in, but it's interesting how Miami is still in play for several scenarios, even 9-8.

enjoy.

I don't want to have to sign in to see page. I just do the nfl playoff machine as you can just create basically infinite possibilities and see how they all shake out by picking different winners each week. Then do it again and pick winners you didn't pick last time and vice versa to see how the various situations could play out to help or hurt miami, assuming miami wins out or wins all but one game. I think miami will have to win out. They might be lucky if they win all game but one, but they def aren't getting in if they lost 2

And with New Orleans and Tennessee down with injuries, who knows how those two games could go....that's a lot of games to win in a row, but weird stuff happens. I'm just afraid we won't have enough offensive fire power in the end. But if that O can avoid mistakes and penalties, then can score some points now. We shall see...
I am not sure that the uptick had so much to do with the trade deadline passing as it did with that mysterious team meeting with coaches. But what can i say? I'm not in on things.
I really wish parker or fuller or both would come back soon and they move the lineman around and maybe they do a little better. With a little more protection parker and fuller back as well as tua progressing. You might see some longer passes and bigger plays from tua which can help make the offense move the ball better, create big plays and score more points. It's nice seeing how lindsay seems to do well and can be a big help for tua and give dolphins some ground game. This will only help take some pressure off tua and help with the rpo like we saw vs carolina. It can help get pass rush off tua a little as well as some play action too.

I really wish parker or fuller or both would come back soon and they move the lineman around and maybe they do a little better. With a little more protection parker and fuller back as well as tua progressing. You might see some longer passes and bigger plays from tua which can help make the offense move the ball better, create big plays and score more points. It's nice seeing how lindsay seems to do well and can be a big help for tua and give dolphins some ground game. This will only help take some pressure off tua and help with the rpo like we saw vs carolina. It can help get pass rush off tua a little as well as some play action too.
I'm interested to see more of Lindsay too.
Not sure I'd want to move the linemen around too much. I think the teams believes the shuffling of linemen was partly responsible for the slow start.

Here's a list of the playoff chances for all the other AFC teams (their percentage chances of getting into the playoffs is listed next to them in parentheses): Colts (47.9%), Broncos (22.1%), Raiders (21.3%), Steelers (15.1%), Browns (11.2%), Dolphins (1.7%), Jaguars (0.0%), Jets (0.0%), Texans (0.0%).

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Chargers, Titans and Bills are not playing very good ball right now, so if the Phins take care of business there is a good chance we sniff the playoffs.

Not trying to be negative, but we aren’t going to the playoffs. Just being real. I’ve seen this story play out time and time again. We’ll do good enough to get our hopes up though.
Honestly, given the way the season has played out, It would be awesome to remain in playoff contention until the final week. IF we can somehow still be mathematically alive the last week, then that would be awesome and would put more meaning into the last game of the season.

Honestly, given the way the season has played out, It would be awesome to remain in playoff contention until the final week. IF we can somehow still be mathematically alive the last week, then that would be awesome and would put more meaning into the last game of the season.
I've avoided running any simulations, focusing on playoffs, etc., until we at least get to .500. But from what I've heard a week 18 play in game against NE at home seems possible. I'd love to see that.

Not to play the "one game at a time" cliche' but it's difficult for me to think seriously and allow myself to get excited about the playoffs when we are currently only ahead of 3 teams in the entire conference, Jets, Texans, Jaguars. We would have to leapfrog 6 teams to make it in, I'll be more open to that in a few weeks if the streak is still alive.

Toy with the weekly results...

Winning out is practically a shoe in, but it's interesting how Miami is still in play for several scenarios, even 9-8.

enjoy.

Did the Steelers winning really hurt us? I know most important we won but I didn’t know if the other games hurt or helped. Raiders losing was good.

Assuming we win the next 3, we either have an 87% chance if we win against the pats or a 6% chance. That is some difference. I'm pretty sure that we'll win the next 3 just to lose the last game. Just like last year, maximize our hope just to give us the ultimate kick in the nuts.

Back
Top Bottom