This site is worth $5.00 a member | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This site is worth $5.00 a member

Hugegreenwood

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I dont know if you read AJs article, looks like we need to help in anyway possible, i realize some wont help, but i for one love this site and its become almost an hourly thing for me to stop in and see whats new with my fins. I dont have to go searching the wed at 20 different places to hear news about my fins, all i have to do is come to this one site......Which is Finheaven&Co. And although my wife hates this site with a passion. I do believe i would hate it if this site were to close due to finacial problems. So i think we should all donate a little to the site to help with costs and such.
afterall, where else are we gonna get this much info on our fins!!!!

I agree. Better than the $80 DD site wants for info and I like these forums better. Funny thing, my wife hates this site too.

I get the paper. That S--- is like $60.00 a year and by the time they ship it to VA the news is as old as Testaverde. By the way, my fiance thinks I'm leaving her for the computer.

thanks for bringing this to our attention, my payment has been sent thanks to the wonderful PayPal! come on guys and gals...it's cheaper than the Dolphin Digest, and the news is faster...not to mention your fingers don't get all black and yucky from the pages!

Donations! Not payments. It's up to everyone to keep it that way by pitching in. BTW the link was a good idea Muck. I'm going to post on this thread to keep it near the top of the board so more people can see it over the next few days. People might not realize what AJ's post is about and not check it out.

excuse the flip outta me! maybe donation was the right word to use, but i gave already! payment or donation...i still expect my "i already gave at the finheaven office" sticker there aj! btw, can i claim this on my taxes this year?

:bling:

Should have a closed sticky thread at the top of this forum so I don't forget those weeks where I have the extra cash laying around.

Hi all , this is from one of many out there that read this site every day. I,m not that big on sending in my own comments, but I do read this site from top to bottom. I too just sent in my $ via PayPal. I would hate to see this site held back for the want of a few dollars. I hope everyone sends in a little something to make it bigger and better!
p.s.

To AJ and CO. keep up the great work, this is the best site out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question?

... how would you go about banning someone that made a donation?

Oliver...

Originally posted by Hugegreenwood
I dont know if you read AJs article, looks like we need to help in anyway possible, i realize some wont help, but i for one love this site and its become almost an hourly thing for me to stop in and see whats new with my fins. I dont have to go searching the wed at 20 different places to hear news about my fins, all i have to do is come to this one site......Which is Finheaven&Co. And although my wife hates this site with a passion. I do believe i would hate it if this site were to close due to finacial problems. So i think we should all donate a little to the site to help with costs and such.
afterall, where else are we gonna get this much info on our fins!!!!

Well, a donation is something that is a gift. However if someone was to break the TOS, it is simply a violation of our forums. They can still go to the main page, get all the information, and even read every thing posted in here.

You are under no obligation to send in money, but you ARE obligated to follow the Terms Of Service. If you choose to send in a donation, and break the T.O.S. then you leave us with no choice.

I hope that makes it clear.

AJ mentioned about paying yearly for this forum software.

Have they looked into other software that is either free, or a one time fee? Such as phpBB (just updated the security in it last month), or Snitz (asp based). Both of those are completely free of charge. Personally I like phpBB, phpBB is more flexible for admins and users plus with the new version is pretty secure.

While people may or may not like those, they would help deter some of the costs of the site.

Just an idea. Don't kill the messanger.

Hey Ice, we used phpBB once before, and it always crashed on us... I used it prior to moving to vBulletin. vBulletin is extremely stable, and fast... in fact, coming November, there will be a new version called vB3.0... which will be MUCH MUCH faster. Furthermore, if you were able to see that ease of use the Admins have in the options... I think you would be amazed... its extremely to use... well... for me anyways... I don't know about Gram... LMAO :D

Thanks for the input... but we've used phpBB, Ikonboard, and ezboard... all of which wasn't what I was looking for.

That's a cool Idea IceStorm Phpbb is a good one and can handle the traffic this site generates..AJ and Admin..I will be sending my donation by mail to the address listed....This site has been excellent and I don't won't to see it go..Like most guys, my wife thinks me and this site is married...I always tell her next to God and her...this is a great place to communicate and talk to friends I haven't even met...I tell her I can even get in a good debate...ie the great CK and laugh about the whole thing ...this site makes my day...especially trying to keep up on the Dolphins when I live in Maryland..

Thanks to all the members of this site...you make it work..so lets do our parts.

Back
Top Bottom