this team could very easily be 0-9 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this team could very easily be 0-9

I've seen all the nationally televised games --- New Orleans, New York Jets, Oakland and now Carolina. Miami looked pretty pathetic in all those games with the exception of a nice comeback from Matt Moore versus the Jets. Before that, though, they played really bad against NY as well.

Early in the year, the defense looked pretty good but that unit has fallen off big time as well.

I've seen the 49ers a handful of times and they look like a better team.

It was pretty much like that last year too. But I think many NFL games could go either way and you could have this debate for many teams. New England could/should have 4 or 5 losses and they don't. Good teams win close teams. Bad teams get blown out and lose in close games. Because everyone is about the same, coaching and injuries are the difference.

I've seen all the nationally televised games --- New Orleans, New York Jets, Oakland and now Carolina. Miami looked pretty pathetic in all those games with the exception of a nice comeback from Matt Moore versus the Jets. Before that, though, they played really bad against NY as well.

Early in the year, the defense looked pretty good but that unit has fallen off big time as well.

I've seen the 49ers a handful of times and they look like a better team.

The defense has been poor in the most important area -- opposing passer rating -- all year.

Opposing passer ratings have been the following, in order:

It's been either well above average, or in the average range, in terms of opposing passer ratings. They have yet to cause an opposing QB to have a poor performance, the kind that makes an opposing team very unlikely to win.

The defense has been poor in the most important area -- opposing passer rating -- all year.

Opposing passer ratings have been the following, in order:

It's been either well above average, or in the average range, in terms of opposing passer ratings. They have yet to cause an opposing QB to have a poor performance, the kind that makes an opposing team very unlikely to win.
That's because we have no pass rush which in turn makes it harder for the DB's to cover and our LB's can't cover anybody under

Ozzy rules!!

Reactions: <O>
Agreed that Miami would be 2-7 had the Chargers kicker done his job and Mariota wasn't hurt. If anything that just makes the Dolphins a bit better than they should be. I've been saying they finish 6-10 for a while now. It's going to happen.

A top 10 pick is in their future.

Could easily be 5-4 too. Goes both ways. Parkey missed a field goal last week that would represent a tied game

Your premises is logical.

However with the same reasoning, I can also say with a healthy RT, we could be a true 6-3 team.

The Miami Dolphins are 4-5.

They've played well enough to win four football games this season, which they did win.

They were really, really bad in four other games. They lost one close game.

That's because we have no pass rush which in turn makes it harder for the DB's to cover and our LB's can't cover anybody under

Ozzy rules!!

That, and there is also a general weakness in downfield pass coverage. The CBs are young and inexperienced, and the safeties aren't known for their pass coverage skills. They're far from a Richard Sherman/Earl Thomas/Kam Chancellor-type setup.

9 games in and feels like a 2 and 7 football team

mostly because of the qb play

does the conversation change from tanking to wild card when we are 5-5 and buffalo loses sunday?

does the conversation change from tanking to wild card when we are 5-5 and buffalo loses sunday?

Doesn't matter. Miami isn't beating NE nor are they winning in Buffalo or KC. Those are 4 guaranteed losses. They aren't making the playoffs at 7-9.

With the crap teams in the AFC that 6th team might slip in at 8-8 or 9-7. But that team will get beat quickly in playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom