this team is ready to take it to the next level | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this team is ready to take it to the next level

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2 years ago football analysists were saying that we were a superbowl team. We had a great running back, a great defense, a below average quarterback, and above average special teams. What is different about this team that makes us not at least a playoff team? We have above average runningbacks(have the opportunity to get a good runningback in the draft), we have a great defense that will get better with the acquisitions. We have a quarterback that has a lot of potential to be great. We saw that in the patriots game. Feeley made plays happen even when he was getting pancaked everytime he threw the ball. Feeley is much better than the old quarterback(fiedler) who was better at throwing to the opposing team rather than ours. Ouir special teams now have a solid unit. We have a great return man in Welker and a good kicker in Mare and punter in Turk. Our offensive line is already better with the addition of Houck. He have already seen signs that he can turn around this offensive line and make them a good unit. Lastly our head coach is much better than Wanstedt. Saban knows how to win in this league. He was taught under Bill Bellichiack who is the best coach in the league. A definate upgrade over Wansdedt. Even though he has no experience as nfl head coach

So why are many people discounting our team from making the playoffs. We have what it takes to be a good team. We may not have signed the top players in free agency but it sure of a hell a lot better than when Wansdedt was here. People may be saying that we will win only 6 or 7 games but I think we are capable of 10 or 11 wins. We are the underdogs going into this season. Maybe this year we can prove the critics wrong and play the football we have wanted for a long time.

I don't disagree that we can be a playoff team. But saying Feeley has the potential to be great is stretching it a little....NO....stretching it alot.

Im all for what your saying, maybe peopple just dont believe this team can pull it off because of offense and what they saw last year. Playoffs baby!

what i mean by great is a pro bowl player. Watch what he did when he had at least 2 seconds to throw. He made a lot of throws that many quarterbacks in the league could not. He definately is a leader to this team. He was about in a wheelchair after the patriots game. Yet did all that he could to win the game. Definately has the desire and skill to succeed. The better coaching will definately help him out.

to answer one part of your question is that some of the gang is concerned about the secondary and the linebacking corp. the d line is still questionable but i am conviced that we will draft one dt and one lb and then spend the rest of the picks on a wr, te, rb , and a center or maybe a qb . the te position may not be a need but it wouldn't hurt to add the right player if feisable. but you are right in thinking that we could be a playoff team ,however i think injuries may be what type of season we have if we have injuries at rb and qb and dl then we might not make 500. of course there are other factors to consider like how the qb's perform. I like your attitude finsgonewild.

I don't think we are ready to take the next step, do you remember our record last year (4-12), I'd be happy with 7 or 8 wins.

we will have some secondary problems if in fact we do trade surtain. It still would be a good unit. Better than a lot of teams in the league. We still have Will Poole who is very talented. He will get even better by playing in more games.... The linebacker situation is not much of a problem. Greenwood was a solid player but never was a playmaker. In Derrick Pope's limited action during the season he caused more turnovers than Greenwood did in his career. Seau might be ageing but he still is a good player. If he does not perform well then Eddie Moore can come in. He played great in his time last season..... While we may have some question marks at those positions it definately is not as bad as some people think.

We have good players....lets install a good system, new attitude and will be in the playoff!

what i mean by great is a pro bowl player. Watch what he did when he had at least 2 seconds to throw. He made a lot of throws that many quarterbacks in the league could not. He definately is a leader to this team. He was about in a wheelchair after the patriots game. Yet did all that he could to win the game. Definately has the desire and skill to succeed. The better coaching will definately help him out.

I agree.

finsgonewild said:
2 years ago football analysists were saying that we were a superbowl team. We had a great running back, a great defense, a below average quarterback, and above average special teams. What is different about this team that makes us not at least a playoff team? We have above average runningbacks(have the opportunity to get a good runningback in the draft), we have a great defense that will get better with the acquisitions. We have a quarterback that has a lot of potential to be great. We saw that in the patriots game. Feeley made plays happen even when he was getting pancaked everytime he threw the ball. Feeley is much better than the old quarterback(fiedler) who was better at throwing to the opposing team rather than ours. Ouir special teams now have a solid unit. We have a great return man in Welker and a good kicker in Mare and punter in Turk. Our offensive line is already better with the addition of Houck. He have already seen signs that he can turn around this offensive line and make them a good unit. Lastly our head coach is much better than Wanstedt. Saban knows how to win in this league. He was taught under Bill Bellichiack who is the best coach in the league. A definate upgrade over Wansdedt. Even though he has no experience as nfl head coach

So why are many people discounting our team from making the playoffs. We have what it takes to be a good team. We may not have signed the top players in free agency but it sure of a hell a lot better than when Wansdedt was here. People may be saying that we will win only 6 or 7 games but I think we are capable of 10 or 11 wins. We are the underdogs going into this season. Maybe this year we can prove the critics wrong and play the football we have wanted for a long time.

Your setting yourself up for a HUGE let down!

Feeley didnt win us the Pats game!

Brady gave it away...

Feeley is a bum!

Shifty187 said:

Brady gave it away...

Feeley is a bum!

I recall Feeley hitting Derrius Thompson in the endzone on 4th down to win the game...I may be wrong though.:tongue:

SCall13 said:
I don't disagree that we can be a playoff team. But saying Feeley has the potential to be great is stretching it a little....NO....stretching it alot.

Not enough info on the guy to say one way or the other. He was put in a situation last year which I don't think any QB could have succeeded in.

Shifty187 said:

Brady gave it away...

Feeley is a bum!

Feeley had the game winning drive you boob. How can you say he didn't win that game? If he doesn't get back in the huddle (3 consecutive times) and get his team in the endzone on the last play of the game, then you have a point. But he DID win it on the last play of the game with a CLUTCH through under pressure. I don't see how you can take that away from him.

unifiedtheory said:
I recall Feeley hitting Derrius Thompson in the endzone on 4th down to win the game...I may be wrong though.:tongue:

In fact he did it twice. The first time (3rd down) there was a non call by the officials on a flagrant pass interference.

surtain is a great player and im very glad he wont be in miami next yr!!!

u guys should get more for the deal then whats on the table now.....

Back
Top Bottom