This Team Is Special | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Team Is Special

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
There's not other way to describe it. This team is all about HEART, DETERMINATION, and PERSEVERENCE. Most importantly.....this is a TEAM!!

Jason Taylor has a sprained MCL in his knee. Doctors said he should have been in surgery against KC. And there he is tonight, wreaking havoc all over the field. I feel like he's the best player on our team right now.

Olindo Mare has struggled this year. He's the highest paid kicker in the league. And he's struggled with kicks from all over the place. Hell, he missed one in the first half that cost us the game......except that he came back and hits a pressure-packed 53-yarder.....in DENVER....to win the game. BTW - that kick probably would have been good from 70. MENTAL TOUGHNESS

Jay Fiedler played a near flawless game. This guy gets blasted every week by Miami "fans". And yet he keeps coming back and leading this team to victory. Aside from the INT (which was a great call by Ray Rhodes), his throws were sharp/on target and his decision making was very good despite constant pressure and dropped passes. And he threw a key block on McKnight's big reverse. This guy has big brass ones. He is FEARLESS. After this game, I really feel good about our QB position.

Ricky Williams has been gameplanned for and taken out of the game for two weeks in a row. Denver is the toughest team in the league against the run. And they had 8 and 9 men in the box all night. But in both games, Ricky stays with it, stays with it, stays with it.......and turns it on when he gets his chance. And he's continued to excel in the passing game. This guy embodies what our team is about.

Randy McMichael bounces back from two late drops and an injury to snare a big one on 3rd down on the last drive.

Ward came back from a drop to concentrate on the tip and keep the drive alive on 3rd down to set up the game-winner. He has done this on a consistent basis for two years. He is truly a BIG GAME WR.

Norv Turner didn't pack it in in the 4th quarter when we got the lead. He threw the ball and tried to move the ball. He didn't just run it three times to bleed their TO's. And you gotta love how he doesn't give up on the run. He will not allow this team to be one-dimensional.

There isn't a tougher team in the league than the Denver Broncos. There isn't a tougher place to play than Invesco Field. Especially on national TV. And we just went in there would not be denied. The defense made plays and the offense did too.
We lost our best WR to a cheap shot. Then McKnight got hurt. Then McMichael got hurt. Yet the team persevered and never gave up.....and found a way to win.

This is the kind of thing that champions do.

Originally posted by Muck

he came back and hits a pressure-packed 53-yarder.....in DENVER....to win the game. BTW - that kick probably would have been good from 70. MENTAL TOUGHNESS

H#ll!!! the kickoff afterwards went through the uprights!!!:eek: :cool:

Also.........how about our ANNOUNCERS!?!?!?! Is there a better combo in the league than HOWARD DAVID and JIM MANDICH?? I don't think so!!!!!! David is truly a big game announcer. And Mad Dog......well, what can you say?? :D

David has really impressed me...

... I'm sorry I ever called him a Jets homer. He's obviously a homer of whatever team he is representing.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Muck
Also.........how about our ANNOUNCERS!?!?!?! Is there a better combo in the league than HOWARD DAVID and JIM MANDICH?? I don't think so!!!!!! David is truly a big game announcer. And Mad Dog......well, what can you say?? :D

You're right Muck, this was special..this team can be special and the depth just showed up all over the place..Man my heart was beating fast and the phins came through,...in the past this wouldn't have happen...but Jay proves yet again, he can get it done when it counts...comeback kid again..

Everything you said is so true Muck. My 11 year old son who is in his first year of tackle football was talking about this exact thing after an awesome game he played yesterday. I asked him where he got the energy to play the entire game on offense and defense and play so awesome and he said, "Mom, I just think of Zach and J.T. and all the other players on the Dolphins and I think if they can do it so can I." I let him stay up to watch tonight and I am so glad I did. Those guys just proved his point. And yours.

they are filled w/heart and JT and Jay signify it.

Don't forget the big plays by our secondary. Surtain and Madison both had a pick, one for a touchdown.

Re: David has really impressed me...

Originally posted by Oliver
... I'm sorry I ever called him a Jets homer. He's obviously a homer of whatever team he is representing.

Oliver...

I hated him at first too. I guess I was still stinging from the way Zimpf was treated. But I'm proud to say that I came around before you did. :p After I heard him for two weeks, I was hooked. I like to think that he really was a Dolfan all along....living in BOCA and flying up to NY to do Jet games.

Me too, MD. I was estatic. My heart was beating like a drum.

how about Randy "Do not throw it right to me" McMicheal. That w as a spectacular catch to even let Ward and Mare have a shot

:hail: the AFC Rookie of the Year

We were 7-1 about 3 or 4 years ago when we beat 6-1 Tennessee on a Monday night and everybody thought we were going all the way. We fell apart after that game and it was the same old Miami. I've learned to never expect anything being a Miami fan. I won't get my hopes up until we get a first round bye and homefield advantage for once.

Originally posted by dolphan39
how about Randy "Do not throw it right to me" McMicheal. That w as a spectacular catch to even let Ward and Mare have a shot

:hail: the AFC Rookie of the Year
amen bro!;)

Dude, we had an aged Marino, no running game, no speed at WR, no OL, no TE, and Kippy Brown calling the plays. Plus the defense was younger. JT wasn't a star yet. Surtain was still playing behind Buckley. Things have changed.

Back
Top Bottom