This Team, This Division, and Its Future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Team, This Division, and Its Future

reddbaron

Supa Dupa.
Reaction score
First of all lemme preface this by thanking the people who come here and support as a true fan does. They don't whine about every bad call or lost game. They don't look at a player after 1 game and want him cut. They see the bigger picture.

Today's win was a huge one. Sparano let Henne go wild out there on a horrible defensive secondary. With the exception of that Pat White fumble (Henning is a fine coordinator, he goes against himself with this stupid bull**** when the game is being played well the way it was meant to be played), not a lot of gimmicky trickery out there. Good, smart, solid football was played. Our four remaining games are certainly winnable. There's not a chance in hell that the Dolphins loose to a Pittsburgh team that just lost to the Raiders today. Regardless though, playoffs or not, this team has a great future.

Ronnie Brown, Chad Pennington and Will Allen were the reasons this team was in the playoffs last year. A team that looses an MVP runner up and manages to have an 8-8 season or better with a quarterback that had never started before and a running back in the second half of the season who was out of the league for a good amount of time, has a solid future.

As 2010 approaches it will mark the end of the Patriots dynasty. Brady and Moss are 33 next season. Most of their offensive line is over 30. Defensively, outside of Jerod Mayo, there are few quality players. Certainly not the defense that won championships.

The Jets are improving. Darelle Revis is a great player and will trouble Henne for years to come. Offensively, Sanchez can occasionally make the plays but doesn't appear to have the poise and clutch ability that Henne has. Braylon Edwards will continue to be an overrated player.

The Bills. God knows what the Bills are doing. It was unfortunate that we lost to them but their future is questionable. TO is still TO. They're quarterback scenario is shaky. It's hard to believe neither Fitzpatrick nor Edwards has a long future with that franchise.

I was reading a post earlier where someone stated that Henne has "it". That "it" factor. Which I completely agree with. His stats aren't glorious this year but for those of you who have a problem with that, shut the **** up. He's more or less a rookie who didn't expect to start a game this season, let alone 13. And he's doing a pretty good job of winning them. Today was an excellent example of how comfortable he already looks. He makes good decisions for the most part. Some mistakes are rookie mistakes. Overthrowing Lousaka today was terrible. But he won't do it again. Because he's learning from those mistakes. Same with the Merriwether pick. God knows what he was doing there. I'll be damned if that's not what a rookie quarterback should look like before having a strong, long career.

Hartline and Bess are outstanding. Smart, fundamental players who will hopefully be making plays for years to come. Bess and Wes Welker looked identical today. The plays Davone Bess makes are the exact same moves that makes Wes Welker so productive. I'll take Davone Bess and his promising future over Wes Welker any day.

Sean Smith and Vontae Davis look like studs as well. Chris Clemons is working hard to get some playing time and that's evident on special teams. The desire of these players is apparent when they play. They'll be shutting down plays for years to come.

Sparano knows best that good teams start in the trenches and he's established an excellent, young, offensive line.

The problems that a clear with this team's future are pass-rushers, running back, and wide receiver. Nows the time to draft a smart young pass rusher to learn from Porter and Taylor, two of the best in the business. A clear cut number 1 receiver would make Henne, Bess, and Hartline that much more dangerous, not to mention our run game. The threat of an Andre Johnson or even Antonio Bryant would open up the run game. With Ronnie turning 28 this month, it puts this team in a difficult situation. Do you resign Ronnie, coming off of surgery, or let him go. My opinion would be to tag him and see how he does and in addition draft a young running back. Toby Gerhart is a Parcells player and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Fins uniform.

If you're sitting at your computer complaining about every wrong call, start drinking the kool aid. This team is a young team that will be a huge force for years to come.

STRENGTH AND HONOR
clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom