This town is on suicide watch..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This town is on suicide watch.....

Ick..I see my boy Watson is going to be a FA. I didn't realize that. Hopefully he resigns because he's a good backup to J-Dub.

Cheer up Miami....the city of Philadelphia hasn't won anything since the Sixers in 1983....and they have a lot more tradition than just about any sports town....they were really bummed when Smarty Jones, the horse from Philly, just missed the Triple Crown...they also had to watch the Eagles lose another Superbowl....at least the Marlins and Panthers have won championships recently for Miami....but other towns feel the hurt a lot more.

at least the Marlins and Panthers have won championships recently for Miami....but other towns feel the hurt a lot more.

Panthers?

Section126 said:
They won the EC in 97.

I know they made the Stanley Cup Finals(it was '96 not '97) but he said Chthe Marlins & panthers have won Championships while only the Marlins have won a Championsip whil the Panthers just won their Conference. If that's the case then the Yankees have won 2 Championships in the last 4 years :D

nyjunc said:
I know they made the Stanley Cup Finals(it was '96 not '97) but he said Chthe Marlins & panthers have won Championships while only the Marlins have won a Championsip whil the Panthers just won their Conference. If that's the case then the Yankees have won 2 Championships in the last 4 years :D

Winning a conference is a championship........especially in baseball....you can walk around with your chest out if you win the AL or NL pennant...

Section126 said:
Winning a conference is a championship........especially in baseball....you can walk around with your chest out if you win the AL or NL pennant...

There's a big difference btw winning your Conf and winning it all and as a Yankee fan we can't puff our chests w/ AL crowns b/c we are used to WS crowns.

nyjunc said:
There's a big difference btw winning your Conf and winning it all and as a Yankee fan we can't puff our chests w/ AL crowns b/c we are used to WS crowns.

Of course....but most fans are happy with a conference championship....only the truly spoiled aren't....(Yankee Fans)

Section126 said:
Of course....but most fans are happy with a conference championship....only the truly spoiled aren't....(Yankee Fans)

10 years ago I would have been ok w/ an AL pennant but after 4 titles in 5 years it does tend to spoil you but I appreciate all the winning in the last decade b/c I grew up missing the Championship years of the 70s(and the AL pennant in '81, I can remember the Jets in '81 vividly but only remember bits and pieces of the Yanks) so in my whole childhood I never saw the postseason until I was in College in the fall of 1995.

Section126 said:

Depends on how you play in the WS. You think St.Louis was walking around all happy last year becuase they won the NL after that pathetic showing they put up in the WS!?

Back
Top Bottom