This town is on suicide watch..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This town is on suicide watch.....

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have never seen this town like this....Everybody I talk too just looks at me and then shakes their head....

The mood in this town is like death.....

The last time it was like this in this town was when the Fins lost in the AFC championship in 1985......not even the 92 lost to the Bills had this town like this.....

Cheer Up people.....we got a 9-7 Dolphin Team this year......(cross your fingers)

I noticed the same thing today at work. Most everyone I saw, customers or coworkers look like had just been to a funeral.

Damn you Pistons!! Goodbye cruel world...

clear.gif

Funny story.......

I went to meet a client to pick up a check and I knocked on his door early this morning....He opened the door and had the check ready......This guy doesn't know me...he had never met me before and had no idea I was a Heat fan...but he must have read the look on my face and he just said: "Wade should have never taken that 20 footer man....he should have taken it to the basket and drawn a foul..." I nodded in agreement...and he shook his head... He then closed the door...and that was it....

Okay...where can I get rat poison cheap?

Section126 said:
Funny story.......

I went to meet a client to pick up a check and I knocked on his door early this morning....He opened the door and had the check ready......This guy doesn't know me...he had never met me before and had no idea I was a Heat fan...but he must have read the look on my face and he just said: "Wade should have never taken that 20 footer man....he should have taken it to the basket and drawn a foul..." I nodded in agreement...and he shook his head... He then closed the door...and that was it....

Okay...where can I get rat poison cheap?

That's the comment I heard constantly thoughout the day. I know what you mean... I caught eye contact from a few guys throughout the day and they would mention the game or just shake their heads. I saw a guy today wearing a wade jersey and heat hat sitting in the same spot for about an hour with a blank stare on his face. It's insane. :shakeno:

I still wish I was in the midst of it. There's nothing like living where your team is. On the flip side, it's incredible when your in a rival city that feels this way and your team did the damage.

I will relish the days, weeks and months after the Phins hoist that Lombardi trophy once again.

SABA-TOOTH said:
the Heat will be back

I think so. It's obviously deflating ifd you are a Heat fan but it's times like these that make the great times much more special and they'll have a great shot to win it all next year.

nyjunc said:
I think so. It's obviously deflating ifd you are a Heat fan but it's times like these that make the great times much more special and they'll have a great shot to win it all next year.

That is the absolute truth.....

and I cannot believe that all these GM sites are saying that Antonio Daniels will only seek the MLE.....are you listening Riley?

I think he's a pretty good fit.....

Of course...if something could be worked out for Joe Johnson like X-Con suggested...then...I will start the party as soon as we got him....

I think all indications are that Dooling is a goner......

We need to replace.....Anderson, and Laettner (retiring)....easily done.....

The HEAT needs to become a more physical team....with better defenders.....

As close as the HEAT was to winning the EAST.....they still lack defensively to win a championship.

Section126 said:
That is the absolute truth.....

and I cannot believe that all these GM sites are saying that Antonio Daniels will only seek the MLE.....are you listening Riley?

I think he's a pretty good fit.....

Of course...if something could be worked out for Joe Johnson like X-Con suggested...then...I will start the party as soon as we got him....

I think all indications are that Dooling is a goner......

We need to replace.....Anderson, and Laettner (retiring)....easily done.....

The HEAT needs to become a more physical team....with better defenders.....

As close as the HEAT was to winning the EAST.....they still lack defensively to win a championship.

If we were to get Joe Johnson, I'm sorry. It's against what I normally do to say something like this, but without a big injury...we would be the Eastern Conference Champions. But of course, a s&t for JJ is highly unlikely, at least for the moment.

Antonio Daniels would be the perfect fit for this team. He's an emotional guy with a lot of heart, he's used to playing a split role, he's a good scorer, a good passer, a pretty good defender(damn good compared to Damon Jones), a good ballhandler, and my goodness...this guy does not turn the ball over. He averages 1.04 turnovers in 27 minutes of work. Sure, Damon Jones is a defensive liability...but to have Daniels starting at the point and Jones backing him up(I don't see DJ opting away from $2.5-2.8 million) would be great in terms of not turning the ball over. Daniels finished #2 in the NBA in assists per turnover, Damon Jones finished #4.

To me, our free agent targets in order should be Bobby Simmons, Stromile Swift, & Antonio Daniels. The first two have a great chance at getting more than the MLE, but from all reports I've read...Daniels doesn't look like he'll command more than the MLE. It would be great to get Simmons, though. He's young, his shot has developed nicely, he scores 16 points a night at a high percentage, he rebounds well, and passes/handles the ball excellent for his size. He's not as athletic as a Lamar Odom or somebody like that, but he can play the point-forward for a bit. Donyell Marshall, Kwame Brown, Damon Stoudemire, Kyle Korver(RFA), Antoine Walker, Latrell Sprewell, & Jeff McInnis are some names who will probably all get looks from the Heat.

As for Laettner & Anderson, yeah...warm weather & Shaquille O'Neal can lure veterans with some gas left in the tank for the minimum. However, I think you'll see Qyntel Woods or Dorell Wright(maybe both) replacing Shandon Anderson in the 12-man roster if he's not brought back. If Qyntel Woods stays out of trouble, he's going to contribute to this team. He's gonna be the surprise player next year, IMO.

The only problem is, the NBA is talking about a $50 million cap & the possibility of splitting the MLE into two exceptions, the top-tier $3.8 million, and lower tier $1.2 million. :shakeno:

We need better defenders, some threats at the arc, a true SF and depth at PF definately, and PG if we loose Dooling, DJ or both. A Bruce Bowen type of player would be perfect, I always thought since he left weve been trying to fill up that position.

Props to Lane1974 on the RealGM boards for this list...

Top 20 2005 Free Agents
Key: (R) = Restricted free agent | (PO) = Player Option | (TO) = Team Option

Michael Redd, SG, Bucks (PO)
Ray Allen, SG, Sonics
Samuel Dalembert, PF/C, 76ers (R)
Stromile Swift, PF/C, Grizzlies
Eddy Curry, C, Bulls (R)
Larry Hughes, G, Wizards
Joe Johnson, G, Suns (R)
Shareef Abdur-Rahim, PF, Blazers
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, C, Cavs
Bobby Simmons, G/F, Clippers
Vladimir Radmanovic, F, Sonics (R)
Marko Jaric, PG, Clippers (R)
Kwame Brown, PF/C, Wizards (R)
Tyson Chandler, PF/C, Bulls (R)
Antoine Walker, F, Celtics
Kyle Korver, SF, 76ers (R)
Earl Watson, PG, Grizzlies
Antonio Daniels, PG, Sonics (PO)
Damon Stoudamire, PG, Blazers
Donyell Marshall, F, Raptors

Player/Team Option: Shaquille O'Neal, C, Heat (PO); Keith Van Horn, F, Mavericks (PO); Cuttino Mobley, SG, Kings (PO); Jalen Rose, SG, Raptors (PO); Grant Hill, SF, Magic (PO); Jamal Mashburn, SF, Hornets (PO); Bonzi Wells, SG, Grizzlies (TO); Eddie Jones, SG, Heat (PO); Nick Van Exel, PG, Blazers (TO); Bobby Jackson, PG, Kings (TO); Darius Songaila, F, Kings (PO); Damon Jones, PG, Heat (PO); Devean George, SF, Los Angeles Lakers (PO); Predrag Drobnjak, C, Hawks (TO); Austin Croshere, F, Pacers (PO); Clifford Robinson, F, Nets (TO)

Note: It's very unlikely most of the players on the above list will exercise their player options – that's why they weren't listed on the Top-20 list. The only exceptions could be Mobley, Damon Jones and Songaila, who might opt out in an attempt to get more money elsewhere.

Unrestricted: Gary Payton, PG, Celtics; Latrell Sprewell, SG, Minnesota Timberwolves; Jeff McInnis, PG, Cavs; Dan Dickau, PG, Hornets; Dale Davis, C, Golden State Warriors; Kerry Kittles, SG, Clippers; Glenn Robinson, SF, Hornets; Jerome James, C, Sonics; Jahidi White, C, Bobcats; Bo Outlaw, F, Grizzlies; Ervin Johnson, C, Timberwolves; Raja Bell, G/F, Jazz; Mark Madsen, F, Timberwolves; Tyronn Lue, PG, Rockets; Darrell Armstrong, PG, Mavericks.

Restricted: Udonis Haslem, F, Heat; Gerald Wallace, G/F, Bobcats; Dan Gadzuric, C, Bucks; Zaza Pachulia, C, Bucks; Reggie Evans, F, Sonics; Ronald Murray, G, Sonics; Luke Walton, F, Lakers; Jason Kapono, F, Bobcats; Willie Green, G, Sixers; Matt Bonner, F, Raptors

DolFan31 said:
We need better defenders, some threats at the arc, a true SF and depth at PF definately, and PG if we loose Dooling, DJ or both. A Bruce Bowen type of player would be perfect, I always thought since he left weve been trying to fill up that position.
That's why Damon Jones not opting out, retaining Udonis Haslem, & giving the full MLE to Bobby Simmons(6-years, $38 million) is probably the best way to go, although Simmons may wind up getting more than the MLE. This way, you don't have a single defensive liability in your starting line-up of Dwyane Wade, Eddie Jones, Bobby Simmons, Udonis Haslem, & Shaquille O'Neal. You also have two strong players in Wade & Simmons at going to the basket and drawing fouls. Being realistic(excluding a Joe Johnson possibility that probably has no shot at happening), it couldn't get much better.

Also, Eddie Jones' name is gonna be on & poppin' in the trade rumors again this year. He's got two years left & when he's off the books, whoever has him will have the oppurtunity to sign a max player. That's why IMO, I would not be too surprise to here some s&t Joe Johnson/Eddie Jones rumors, because the Suns are gonna need some money for Amare in the future. I don't know if they can afford Nash, Johnson, & Amare long-term...as well as surrounding them with good enough talent. Joe Johnson is gonna wind up with a contract similar to Lamar Odom's.

Muck said:
I still wish I was in the midst of it. There's nothing like living where your team is. On the flip side, it's incredible when your in a rival city that feels this way and your team did the damage.

I will relish the days, weeks and months after the Phins hoist that Lombardi trophy once again.

Dream Scenario, 2007 Super Bowl: Miami Dolphins vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Miami by 14.

Back
Top Bottom