This wasn't an embarrassment, it was expected...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This wasn't an embarrassment, it was expected......

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
When you turn your roster over by 25% during the last week of the pre-season, what did you reasonably expect against a veteran team like the Ravens? What will become an embarrassment will be if the Fins have their sights on drafting Tua. They should trade the #1 overall pick for a plethora of picks and re-build from the inside out. I'm fine with Rosen under center (presumably he doesn't get killed behind the current O-Line). I think that this team as currently constructed should go sraight to Rudock to replace Fitzpatrick if he should get hurt or the game gets out of hand. Let Rosen sit out this year, I'm fine with that. The team will have plenty of cap space and draft picks to rebuild going forward. Yes it is difficult to watch the team as currently construed but these are growing pains that are inevitable.

A bonus......The Jests lost!!!! Blew a 16-0 lead LOL Bums!!!!

Good post.

Many FINs fans have been blind for so long. Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die.

If we had done this in 1999 we wouldn’t have had 2 decades of sucktitude.

Man up and bite the bullet guys. We are finally building for a bright future.

Remember how the Cowboys built their dynasty. From absolute worst to undisputed best. You think it didn’t hurt when they sucked, or when they traded their best player?

When you turn your roster over by 25% during the last week of the pre-season, what did you reasonably expect against a veteran team like the Ravens? What will become an embarrassment will be if the Fins have their sights on drafting Tua. They should trade the #1 overall pick for a plethora of picks and re-build from the inside out. I'm fine with Rosen under center (presumably he doesn't get killed behind the current O-Line). I think that this team as currently constructed should go sraight to Rudock to replace Fitzpatrick if he should get hurt or the game gets out of hand. Let Rosen sit out this year, I'm fine with that. The team will have plenty of cap space and draft picks to rebuild going forward. Yes it is difficult to watch the team as currently construed but these are growing pains that are inevitable.

A bonus......The Jests lost!!!! Blew a 16-0 lead LOL Bums!!!!

Nobody expected that this team would give up more points at home than any dolphin team in history to a team like the ravens. Our defense played worse than our expansion defense.

Yep. I'm not sure why people are shocked. Many of the guys on the field couldn't have even known the playbook. I'll be happy if we find 20 players this year we find worthy of keeping on the 53 man roster 3 years from now. That's what this season is about Finding young players who can contribute over the long haul. Can Ballage, Fitz, Wilkins, Gieseki, Williams, etc play? All the way down to the punter. Flush anyone who doesn't fit. If they don't want to play now, don't keep them. The losing will weed out weak ones.

Honestly the offense performed better than I expected by scoring a TD. I figured 2-3 FGs. However, I expected to see a gritty, fundamentally sound D that would overachieve, keep scores fairly low but ultimately give up points due to the offense putting them in short fields, a lack of a pass rush and having guys like McCain playing out of position...so I figured they might give up 27 points, maybe in the 30s if the O turned it over a lot. Did not expect to see an effortless TD on practically every Baltimore possession.

Yep. I'm not sure why people are shocked. Many of the guys on the field couldn't have even known the playbook.

But that's just not true. Almost everyone on defense was here through camp and many have been on the team prior to this year. I would accept that excuse if we are talking about the offensive line struggling but they had little to do with 59 points and a defense that was pretty much entirely incapable of stopping the other team.

But that's just not true. Almost everyone on defense was here through camp and many have been on the team prior to this year. I would accept that excuse if we are talking about the offensive line struggling but they had little to do with 59 points and a defense that was pretty much entirely incapable of stopping the other team.
No. Many guys DIDN'T know the playbook. Many did as well. I am disappointed in the defense. They stank. Not happy with Fitz especially. But the d-line had two out of 5 players who were new just like the o-line, along with any LB who came off the bench. And a number of players on special teams. We flipped 25% of the roster. IMHO on top of the guys who did play who couldn't have known what they are doing, the turnover had to have had a negative effect on every player on the roster. The proof is in the pudding. Our talent stinks compared to Baltimore but the difference isn't 59-10. Lots of guys played disheartened. We need to keep the guys who deal ok with the negative and move on from the weak minds. The moment we made the Tunsil trade I knew week 1 would be ugly. The signal was sent that this season was done. Let's see who doesn't quit. But I am not surprised by the result.

Losing historically is not how you build a winner. Architecting what may be the worst team we've seen in decades (even the Browns 0-16 team) doesn't get fixed by throwing a couple draft picks into this mess.

Honestly the offense performed better than I expected by scoring a TD. I figured 2-3 FGs. However, I expected to see a gritty, fundamentally sound D that would overachieve, keep scores fairly low but ultimately give up points due to the offense putting them in short fields, a lack of a pass rush and having guys like McCain playing out of position...so I figured they might give up 27 points, maybe in the 30s if the O turned it over a lot. Did not expect to see an effortless TD on practically every Baltimore possession.

Yep... the defense was what really shocked me , not so much the offense.

I have said it before, but I see no point in rushing to draft a QB next year. Our team is historically bad. We have maybe 5 players on our 53 man roster that would be solid starters somewhere else in the NFL. That is includes our kicker and punter. The rest of the roster is back up and practice squad level players. We aren’t one year away from winning. If Tua is the guy we have to have I’d sit him behind Rosen so he doesn’t die behind our line (where the best player currently under contract next season is Jesse Davis).

Back
Top Bottom