This will be painful to watch! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will be painful to watch!

The one thing I take away from this that I find most encouraging is that Ryan Tannehill's drop back motion never changed the entire season.

Future indication that the quarterback doesn't get rattled easily.

Would like to see him anticipate pressure just a little better though.

Hopefully he'll improve at feeling the rush over time.

very few of the sacks were Tannehill's fault. I would say less than 9
That's pretty accurate.

I think the holding of the ball for too long argument stems from the fact that Ryan constantly maintains his vision down the field and often times doesn't look to escape the pocket by running.

In essence that's what you want out of your QB but at the same time the guy has to use his peripheral vision just as much which should tell him when it's time to go.

i think it's time for a hoops scoops sack by sack break down...and for the ones that i can't tell i will acknowledge that as well...no homerism either

It amazing that so many of these pressures up the middle came as a result of our OL simply being pushed out of the way. It wasn't speed or stunts, it was a lack of strength and form from our guys in the middle. Do these guys even work out? Jerry gets stood up on almost every play

It amazing that so many of these pressures up the middle came as a result of our OL simply being pushed out of the way. It wasn't speed or stunts, it was a lack of strength and form from our guys in the middle. Do these guys even work out? Jerry gets stood up on almost every play

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some of it is technique as well (which is another reason Jim Turner had to be fired) But for the Philbin haters, as an OL guy he should have stepped in and changed something. There's a difference in just getting beat, and being made to look like an idiot. So many plays where guys missed their assignments.

Some of it is technique as well (which is another reason Jim Turner had to be fired) But for the Philbin haters, as an OL guy he should have stepped in and changed something. There's a difference in just getting beat, and being made to look like an idiot. So many plays where guys missed their assignments.

I'm pretty sure my old OL coach in high school could have taught these guys simple leverage. They get pushed back into the pocket on just about every play.

Few things I seen in the tape, that I remember saying this season as well:

1. Martin is just not a football player. Worst guy on that line by far. Soft and weak olineman.

2. Daniel Thomas shouldn't have a job anymore on this team, there isn't anything that he has got down at this point in his tenure here.

3. I can count 7 instances in this video where RT could have tucked and ran out of the pocket before it collapsed around him, but instead stayed in and looked for the deepball (I don't blame him fully because that's the coordinators fault to not have him prepared to make quick decisions while under pressure and also he's still young). Sometimes QB's just have that sense to get out and sometimes they have to try to learn it. I hope he learns it because he doesn't have it.

4. Mckinnie gave up in the Buffalo games. He just plain stopped playing the way he was before after he was beaten a few times. I don't want that type of guy back on my team.

5. Sims is not that great of a blocker, he needs work and weight training.

6. Clabo and Jerry were potato bags. Good riddance.

7. Incog sucks....

8. Pouncey, Garner and Brenner were ok, but seeing as they had hot garbage flying around them they did... not so bad.

I'm pretty sure my old OL coach in high school could have taught these guys simple leverage. They get pushed back into the pocket on just about every play.

I'm sure the D-line guys are being taught simple leverage techniques too so at the end of the day talent is what should win out.

I made it to 226 before I had to turn it off...man our entire line sucked...so did the RBs when asked to block...

I feel your pain, last year's Phinz OL was simply AWFUL. I have no idea why a few people on this site do not see how important having a good OL is and trip-out about not picking OL high in the draft. I blame Capt ball watcher "Dave Hyde" that dipstick has no football IQ and IMHO has poisoned the minds of many Phinz fans against picking offensive lineman high in the draft. Capt ball watcher "Dave Hyde" says since they do not score TD's then you should not draft OL high......but Capt ball watcher just doesn't understand that if the OL sucks chips your play makers can not make plays (or score) period.

I will watch all later but so far each of the Cle sacks were on the QB

I assume we'll end up w/a 50/50 type blame. half to OL, half to QB

I'm sure the D-line guys are being taught simple leverage techniques too so at the end of the day talent is what should win out.

What do you think talent is? Its knowing how to do your job. Just plain old physical ability wont get you far in the NFL, maybe in college but not in pro football.

I can't bring myself to watch this.

For what it's worth, if someone has a video that includes not just sacks, but pressures, it gives a more complete picture. QB actually did avoid some. Just saying.

watch that then realize we had $40 million in cap space and we only spent oline wise it on one lock starter...hard to even fathom

Back
Top Bottom