this would have been tannehill's breakout season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this would have been tannehill's breakout season

31st in total 3rd downs converted(69)....31st in the NFL

Total Overall first downs 278 (31st again)

Offensive plays per game ("LAST" in the NFL with 57)

Offensive time of possession (27th)

4TH downs converted (32nd last in the NFL)

Yards per game average (25th )

1ST quarter points per game (31st)

2nd Quarter Points/Game (24th)

1st quarter time of possession ( 32nd LAST in the NFL)

1st Half Time of Possession Share % (31st)

Team QB Sacked Percentage (23rd)

Passing First Downs per Game (27th)

Team Rushing First Downs per Game (22nd)

I've been saying this but PPL on this board are acting like Gase turned us into an offensive Juggernaut last year SMH.

TH was bad in the most important QB stats, 3rd down & 4th quarter. He would def have taken a leap forward, but he was not about to light it up. To me his ceiling was a game manager basically.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Cutler. All things considered, Cutler's best is better than TH's best. Now lets see if Gase gets that out of him.

What the working definition of "breakout?' Did Dalton or Cousins ever "breakout?" At what moment did Wilson or Luck "breakout?"

I'll take the sliver lining here with Tannehill missing this season. Two things I can see as potential pluses. First RT has taken a beating thus far in his career so maybe the year off will be good for his body and possibly prolong his career. Second and this one may be out there but I think being around a guy like Cutler hopefully could rub off just a smudge of that gunslinger mentality which I think he could use a bit more of honestly.

2nd year under gase, and by the middle of last year he was really starting to play at a pro bowl level. starting with the steeler game in week 6 he only had 1 subpar game (baltimore). his average qb rating in the last 8 games he played was 103 (for a little perspective a 103 qb rating for the full year in 2016 would be a top 5 rating behind only ryan, brady, prescott, and rodgers). i remember making a post on here during the 49er game that hes been throwing absolute darts, and if you give him time hes gonna pick you apart. i really believe if he didnt get hurt that would have continued the last month of the season and this would be the year we see him make the leap from serviceable qb to at least a top 10 and possibly top 5 qb with these weapons.

too bad, this injury is gonna set him back a couple years, its not like hes gonna come back next year without missing a beat even if 100% healthy.
True.(Dwight voice)

I'm sorry but can't get on this theoretical hype train about how his half a season plays out in a full 16 scenario.

What's ifs and could have beens don't do much for me. I'm rooting for a Cutler breakout season (half joking half serious) and ready for a 2018 Tannehill in my pocket.

If you felt that Tannehill was on the verge of some 35+ passing TD All-Pro season, you were just setting yourself up for major disappointment to be honest lol.

You were going to see much of the same as last year in terms of his individual production. And a good balance between run/pass.

Alex Smith, Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Andy Dalton and Eli Manning. Tanny is on that group. QBs with long solid careers that would never make you feel they can win it by themselves, not top 10. But if you surround them with lots of talent AND a top defense they can make a push for a deep playoff run or even a Super Bowl.

If you felt that Tannehill was on the verge of some 35+ passing TD All-Pro season, you were just setting yourself up for major disappointment to be honest lol.

You were going to see much of the same as last year in terms of his individual production. And a good balance between run/pass.

A jump in overall production was to be expected due to the first 6-8 games of the regular season being slowed by the adjustment period to a new system.

Back
Top Bottom