This Year Feels Different | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Year Feels Different

One thing that does feel different this year is the absence of a pass-rush. I think this will by far be the most frustrating thing about this team this year with pass protection a distant second.

I think our interior defense is improved, so we'll stop the run and short passing game alright, but on 3rd and 5, the opposing qb will have all day to throw the ball. I can't watch that all season.

Still lacking talent...

Still will get mediocre QB play...

Feels pretty familiar actually...

I'm just so glad that 90% of the initial posts were a reality check. I was scared people were going to buy into some wishful thinking... the thread title itself actually made me chuckle out loud before I opened it. Thank God we had some realists in here!

Are you crazy? I wouldn't wish a winless season on my worst enemy. A winless season is the most pathetic thing in all of sports. 1-15 and 0-16 are light years apart in mine (and I think a lot of peoples) book.
Whatever makes you feel better. It makes no difference to me.

Still lacking talent...

Still will get mediocre QB play...

Feels pretty familiar actually...

I don't know, Rosen to me looks like the best QB prospect we've had in a long, long time. You can see the life on his pass, his feel for the game, and his competitive fire. He's a better prospect than Tannehill, who threw a hard pass but never seemed like he felt the game as a young QB and whose track record didn't suggest he would. He lived up to that.

An exciting QB prospect makes things more exciting. Short stretches of success with Tannehill or Henne always felt cheap because you knew the weaknesses in the game would show up in end.

I hope Flores is the coach that builds this team back to greatness but until we see the games that count have to wait and see. We've been through 11 coaches and 18 starting QBs in the past 23yrs so its been a bit of a revolving door.

Yep. This year feels different.
A 2-14 different.
This team has virtually no talent. A GM who is clueless and a rookie coach.
But if it means getting Tua and 2/3 elite draft starters its all good. Lets suck.

I hope we go 2-14 and Tua stays another year.

Last edited:
This season feels like one long preseason to me. It would take complete die hards like us to break anything down. If you made a list of players who are here for the long haul for when we are competitive, it wouldn’t be a long list. The only drama is whether some guys have it or not.

The interesting thing, though, for a team chock full of weaknesses, there are a handful of talented players. So, at least we aren’t like an expansion team in that sense.

Tunsil, Howard, Wilkins, M Fitzpatrick, Baker...There are some core players. There are some others who could be as well when you look at Preston Williams, Wilson, Grant, Drake, Ballage, Taylor, Godchaux, Jason Sanders. The list is running out...

I’m excited about the coaching staff. I think we will have a much smarter defense and we will build a team in time that can play on the road and in weather. And we should be much more physical in time. These are traits we have struggled with forever.

But man, do we have holes.

A 2-14 different.
But if it means getting Tua and 2/3 elite draft starters its all good. Lets suck.

th

th

A 2-14 different.

I don’t think you can say the GM is clueless as we don’t know what decisions he made

Might need to go 0-16 to finally break the curse that came with the deal Shula made to go 17-0..
Just saying..

I ve been fin fan since 71 and I would rather go thru this down year then middle of the road patch and match 6-8 win seasons.. jmo

Back
Top Bottom